LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Kid Icarus sequel due in 2008

At the 12:42 mark of the Nintendo Voice Chat: Episode 1, IGN editor Matt Casamassina said, "We do know that game exists," referring to the rumored return of Kid Icarus on Wii. Previously, Cassamassina assured fans the game would "absolutely" arrive in 2008.

Last week, Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aime promised "a big game" that would be revealed at this year's E3. "All I can tell you is what we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic," he told Game Trailers TV. "The gamer is gonna be excited, and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

In 2007, IGN's Cassamassina spread internet rumors of an unreleased Halo DS game, which he later confirmed in a video amid widespread doubt.

Kid Icarus (1987 for NES) is widely regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. The game successfully combines elements of Nintendo's three biggest franchises -- Zelda, Mario, and Metroid -- in that lead character Pit can "jump like Mario, collect items like Link, and shoot enemies like Samus." Pit (pictured) was most recently featured in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii.
    Source
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Survived WC for 2 years Destiny's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3929-2153-1019-2260
    halo for ds?kid icarus for wii?it sounds obviusly great!thanks for the info

PSN: zSkill_Palad1n_-

Member #
    Friends
    6886-8046-5019-6808
    That's cool and all, but I'm not so certain that's the big announcement that Reggie's talking about. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that he's talking about something with a wider audience.

I haven't met many people who know about Kid Icarus, and now he's pretty much only known because he's in Brawl. It makes sense that they would choose now to unveil a sequel, with his newfound fame, but I don't think it's enough to really excite a great deal of people.

I'll probably buy the sequel, when it does arrive, but I'm hoping that a new Zelda title is announced.
    Current Wii/Virtual Console Games
    Dragon Quest Swords, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Sports, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Street Fighter II, Dungeon Explorer

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, I was more excited that they're going to announce "a big game", but the Kid Icarus game should be good too.

Should be interesting to see where they take the franchise after a 20 year hiatus.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Member #
    Friends
    6886-8046-5019-6808
    Yup. I didn't get a very good feel of the game, since I only played it as a masterpiece in Brawl, so I'm pretty much open to anything.

Also, Reggie's good with marketing...if he says there's going to be a big game announced, I would assume it would be something that a lot of people are eagerly anticipating, not a title that targets little more than a handful of older video gamers or diehard Nintendo fans.
    Current Wii/Virtual Console Games
    Dragon Quest Swords, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Wii Sports, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Street Fighter II, Dungeon Explorer

Survived WC for 2 years Destiny's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3929-2153-1019-2260
    Quote Originally Posted by Deospawn
    Yup. I didn't get a very good feel of the game, since I only played it as a masterpiece in Brawl, so I'm pretty much open to anything.

Also, Reggie's good with marketing...if he says there's going to be a big game announced, I would assume it would be something that a lot of people are eagerly anticipating, not a title that targets little more than a handful of older video gamers or diehard Nintendo fans.
    true,im gonna search for this "big game"

PSN: zSkill_Palad1n_-

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Deospawn
    I haven't met many people who know about Kid Icarus, and now he's pretty much only known because he's in Brawl. It makes sense that they would choose now to unveil a sequel, with his newfound fame, but I don't think it's enough to really excite a great deal of people.
    WHAT!?! How old are these people you speak of? Kid Icarus was one of the best games for the original NES!
    Being really good at video games is not a real accomplishment in life.

Member #
    Friends
    That is funny that this was brought up because I just finished downloading Kid Icarus off of the virtual console today. I would also like to see a new Punchout, Castlevania and Megaman.
    Jeffrey M Widzinski

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    It is widely believed the rumored title is going to be a new Zelda game.

As for Kid Icarus, thats great. Something else to look forward to this year if it does indeed come out this year, as well Factor 5 was believed to be making this game?..saying things like maxing out the Wii's hardware etc. Something I am really looking forward to.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Doesn't seem like that little quote confirms anything, sounds like another rumor that we will have to see how it plays out. Though many people were predicting a Kid Icarus game could be possible since Nintendo ups and decides to include Pit in SSBB as if hinting it.

Edit: btw what are you talking about Halo for DS. That game was cancelled a while back...
    Last edited by T3kNi9e; 03-22-2008 at 08:48 PM.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads