LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I always find it funny that a lot of Americans diss soccer so much, yet the USA has more people playing soccer than any other country. Its almost like some of them have no clue about what goes on in their own country!

PES 2008 is very different to previous games, in fact it is different to every other soccer game ever made. The graphics are a bit dodgy in places and i dont think that the player models look as good as FIFA's do close up but the gameplay is really something else. Instead of just controlling single players, you can control the whole team through the Wiimotes pointer which makes runs off the ball and real man marking possible.

Only downside i have found while playing is that there is not a lot of control in terms of defence. You defend by just pointing at the opposing player and pressing A, then the nearest player may try to tackle them or may not. There is a slide option but i havent really been able to make much use of it yet while playing.

When attacking the game works brilliantly though. Through balls, runs into space and precision passing are easy to carry out. Unlike previous games where sometimes your pass wouldnt go where you wanted it to, PES's passes are always acurate (well as acurate as you are).

Controls can be a bit strange at first, especially when using the drag and dribble technique (the player follows the Wiimote pointer). I found that i kept trying to use traditional controls (using the analogue), which would result in the player shuffling around (which probably should be used to feint or sidestep) but after a few games i felt very comfortable with the new control method.

For a first outing on Wii it is a good game and hopefully future editions can build on and refine the gameplay even more.

Oh and it has Tottenham Hotspur as a real team, what more could anyone want!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lbu8
    u mean "i never saw Mario strikers as a soccer game"
    No, I really mean FOOTBALL.

Hey, Phil174, I follow Plymouth Argyle too! Just maybe, they'll make the playoffs.
    Last edited by stewart01; 03-24-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

soccer is the gay sport u play with your feet, were the "pros" take an 3 hours to kick a ball in the net the size of france, and 55% of games end in ties

football is the sport that the worlds best athletes play.
    That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I've heard in a long time.
    Last edited by manufan15; 03-24-2008 at 07:36 PM.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111

soccer is the gay sport u play with your feet, were the "pros" take an 3 hours to kick a ball in the net the size of france, and 55% of games end in ties

Hmm, I smell TROLL!!!

Member #
    Friends
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    I always find it funny that a lot of Americans diss soccer so much, yet the USA has more people playing soccer than any other country. Its almost like some of them have no clue about what goes on in their own country!

PES 2008 is very different to previous games, in fact it is different to every other soccer game ever made. The graphics are a bit dodgy in places and i dont think that the player models look as good as FIFA's do close up but the gameplay is really something else. Instead of just controlling single players, you can control the whole team through the Wiimotes pointer which makes runs off the ball and real man marking possible.

Only downside i have found while playing is that there is not a lot of control in terms of defence. You defend by just pointing at the opposing player and pressing A, then the nearest player may try to tackle them or may not. There is a slide option but i havent really been able to make much use of it yet while playing.

When attacking the game works brilliantly though. Through balls, runs into space and precision passing are easy to carry out. Unlike previous games where sometimes your pass wouldnt go where you wanted it to, PES's passes are always acurate (well as acurate as you are).

Controls can be a bit strange at first, especially when using the drag and dribble technique (the player follows the Wiimote pointer). I found that i kept trying to use traditional controls (using the analogue), which would result in the player shuffling around (which probably should be used to feint or sidestep) but after a few games i felt very comfortable with the new control method.

For a first outing on Wii it is a good game and hopefully future editions can build on and refine the gameplay even more.

Oh and it has Tottenham Hotspur as a real team, what more could anyone want!
    I concur with all points you made; the Wii version is an excellent start for the PES series on Wii, very innovative, there has never been anything quite like it in terms of sports games, ever. Great fun against friends or other people. Defense is a bit shoddy, but with proper consumer support for this version, next year we may well get an improved outing from Konami.

The online is almost perfect as well - I've played a few matches and they've been very smooth.

The only thing is... Spurs? Psh. =P

Buy PES 2008!

and go here and share some friend codes so we can play online!
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

Member #
    Friends

yeah thats why soccer is the best and most favorited sport in the world! most popular as well! and I think he meant football, the other way: futbol!
    although american football is fun, soccer is more fun! im looking forward to this game!

Member #
    Friends
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    If you have PES 2008, go HERE and share your friend code!!
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Ultimate comedy.

I'm rather tempted my PES Wii. Fifa 08 on the Wii was horrendous, but now I have it on the PS3 and it's brilliant. I know PES Wii is a completely different style, which interests me a lot as I love to play in that style (perfect passes/through balls, off the ball running, etc), but I'm just slightly concerned by how well it works. From the sounds of things, everyone is saying it's good, but everyone said that about Fifa 08 on the Wii at first. I think I'll give it a rent.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    wii reviews of the game point to an average of 89.5%
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWind
    I concur with all points you made; the Wii version is an excellent start for the PES series on Wii, very innovative, there has never been anything quite like it in terms of sports games, ever. Great fun against friends or other people. Defense is a bit shoddy, but with proper consumer support for this version, next year we may well get an improved outing from Konami.

The online is almost perfect as well - I've played a few matches and they've been very smooth.

The only thing is... Spurs? Psh. =P

Buy PES 2008!

and go here and share some friend codes so we can play online!
    Another way I've been able to defend is to simply select one of your own players and drag-dribble him to where you want him to be to defend, and do this in tandem with the man-marking defense tactics...

Ads