LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Dæmon Pantalaimn's Avatar
    Member #
    39488
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Parallel Dimension
    Posts
    197
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    Why Can We Not Have Dlc And A Storage Solution Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!
    GH3- 081731642247 I really suck
    MOHH2-
    Endless Ocean-4195-0089-7111

  2. #22
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    They have not said we will not have DLC, Wii-ware is going to work with a new compression software and will probably be used for other things aswell like DLC.
    The new Pay-to-play is for DLC and Voice chat both have been annouced as comming ot the Wii! But they haven't said one way or the other if Rockband will or will not have DLC so don't jump to conclusions, my guess is it will based on time frame, probably why it took so long ot come out in the first place.They make huge bucks off the DLC compared to the game.

    The only concern is if we have enough room to fit all the DLC with the new compression setup, or will they also release some type of additional storage via the SD slot , USB flash drive, or maybe even a USB HD for the download junkies.
    GH3 is supose to get DLC still, we are just waiting on Nintendo to get the Wii-ware,Pay-to-play system in place over the next 3-6 months.
    Alot will be happening on the Wii to match what the others offer, its a bit late but its comming.

  3. #23
    I dared to google google. BirdMasterLv100's Avatar
    Member #
    49170
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chocolate Rain,NY
    Posts
    956
    Friends
    112
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8637-2588-3697-8235
    Awesome can't wait to play it.

  4. #24
    WiiChat Member Frog's Avatar
    Member #
    36048
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    247
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I read the official announcement and it says that Rock Band will have real wireless guitars. You do NOT need wii-motes to plug into a shell like Guitar Hero.

    This is awesome. I hate how you have to buy extra wii-motes for guitar hero controllers.

    I hope they sell these guitars seperate and that they work with guitar hero also!

  5. #25
    WiiChat Member ElronMac's Avatar
    Member #
    18752
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    Posts
    240
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    They have not said we will not have DLC, Wii-ware is going to work with a new compression software and will probably be used for other things aswell like DLC.
    The new Pay-to-play is for DLC and Voice chat both have been annouced as comming ot the Wii! But they haven't said one way or the other if Rockband will or will not have DLC so don't jump to conclusions, my guess is it will based on time frame, probably why it took so long ot come out in the first place.They make huge bucks off the DLC compared to the game.

    The only concern is if we have enough room to fit all the DLC with the new compression setup, or will they also release some type of additional storage via the SD slot , USB flash drive, or maybe even a USB HD for the download junkies.
    GH3 is supose to get DLC still, we are just waiting on Nintendo to get the Wii-ware,Pay-to-play system in place over the next 3-6 months.
    Alot will be happening on the Wii to match what the others offer, its a bit late but its comming.
    There is no DLC or online for Rockband that is confirmed in the article. You may think it will happen at some point but I seriously doubt it will ever come.

    Disappointingly, Rock Band for Wii will support neither online play nor downloadable content -- huge, glaring omissions. One of the game's biggest draws on other consoles is the steady stream of downloadable songs, which can be purchased and then utilized in-game very easily.

    "When developing Rock Band for the Wii platform, we focused on making the core gameplay experience as solid and enjoyable as possible while tailoring it specifically to the strengths of the platform. The Wii version still contains the robust four-player band experience and all the fun at the core of other versions of Rock Band," said Harmonix in a statement. "However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized, we wanted to wait before we explored online functionality for Rock Band to ensure that players get the high-quality of online performance they've come to expect."
    Source
    Ignorance is as ignorance does...
    ___________________

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    SSBB Friend Code 3609-0705-3564, PM me if you add me and please add me I want to play.

  6. #26
    vidya gaems VidyaVince's Avatar
    Member #
    52146
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    425
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8294-6630-1949-8016
    No online? NO ONLINE?

    Bullshit. Now I'm starting to rage.

    I also heard there was no character creation. If this is true, I'm going to choke a bitch.

    Brawl FC: 2707-1283-4208
    If you're online frequently, send me a PM that you added me.

  7. #27
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Same crap for GH3. Nintendo is putting the things in place to make it possibal, if they will go back and make a GH3 DLC or channel or maybe a RockBand DLC or channel who knows.

    "However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized, we wanted to wait before we explored online functionality for Rock Band to ensure that players get the high-quality of online performance they've come to expect."
    They didn't say for sure one way or the other yet just that they are waiting, same deal as GH3. We don't know if Nintendo has released the details yet for the new P2P service to the 3rd party dev's. GH3 is intrested in a DLC thats alreayd been said, And it looks to be the same for Rockband, they just don't have the proper tools.
    Sadly we are waiting on Nintendo to catch up. But the option to add in a channel later to work off the game is more than possibal if they get it sorted out.
    And they will jump at the chance if the service is decent.
    They make nothing but pure profit off DLC, if its possibal they will do it.

  8. #28
    Raging Clue Budo's Avatar
    Member #
    34113
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    727
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    Same crap for GH3. Nintendo is putting the things in place to make it possibal, if they will go back and make a GH3 DLC or channel or maybe a RockBand DLC or channel who knows.



    They didn't say for sure one way or the other yet just that they are waiting, same deal as GH3. We don't know if Nintendo has released the details yet for the new P2P service to the 3rd party dev's. GH3 is intrested in a DLC thats alreayd been said, And it looks to be the same for Rockband, they just don't have the proper tools.
    Sadly we are waiting on Nintendo to catch up. But the option to add in a channel later to work off the game is more than possibal if they get it sorted out.
    And they will jump at the chance if the service is decent.
    They make nothing but pure profit off DLC, if its possibal they will do it.
    I just spent $35 on Saturday night downloading songs for the PS3 version, heh. The problem is the songs - for the ps3 version - are about ~30-45 MB each. I could see this being a problem, especially if they don't have some way of reading data directly off of an SD card.

  9. #29
    Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    16487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,146
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    I just spent $35 on Saturday night downloading songs for the PS3 version, heh. The problem is the songs - for the ps3 version - are about ~30-45 MB each. I could see this being a problem, especially if they don't have some way of reading data directly off of an SD card.

    Thats exactly it, although PS3 songs and 360 songs are going to be much larger than the Wii version because of HD, still you have to figure most songs for the Wii will be atleast 15-20MB, so if they link the SD slot to the memeory of the Wii your looking for the most popular SD cards, 25 songs on a 512mb card, and 50 songs on a 1gig card. Not a big deal maybe but people like to keep what they pay for and that would fill it up fast. specially if they give us more games with DLC.
    Im not sure if the SD slot in the Wii is highspeed, but even with a 8 gig on up SD card you talking some nasty load times I imagine. Nintendo will figure something out I'm sure, the question is when.

  10. #30
    SPAZALASTIC! Da_Wiinner's Avatar
    Member #
    54201
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    40
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7235-4625-7908-8208
    i saw the wii version on attack of the show on G4 and it has 6 bonus songs.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts