LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

MMORPG Game Idea for Wii/DS

I wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it in the widest search section. This is just an idea I have come up with the availability from the Wii and the DS. If you can now see that all the new Wii Hardware games are starting to become more heard of and well this idea just popped into my head.

Now imagine having a massively multiplayer online role playing game, such as WoW, but being able to interact both on the Wii and on your DS. I have yet to come up with how the two could be used but, for the Wii it could be a whole new channel where you could use your Wii to choose a class, then a clan or group and then you have certain interactions with other clans, whether it be ninjas vs pirates or knights vs soldiers. Just a broad idea I had, nothing specific but something that could turn out to be really cool.

Any opinions, criticism, or ideas? Just want to hear if anyone else out there has ideas about the Wii and DS connections or MMORPG?

Member #
    Friends
    Would work better on the Wii itself. Would be neat to be able to have some sort of DS interaction. You wouldn't want a game that would force people to have both systems, but at least encourage it.

Thanks to OO7 for the cool sig.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Torin
    I wasn't really sure where to put this so I put it in the widest search section. This is just an idea I have come up with the availability from the Wii and the DS. If you can now see that all the new Wii Hardware games are starting to become more heard of and well this idea just popped into my head.

Now imagine having a massively multiplayer online role playing game, such as WoW, but being able to interact both on the Wii and on your DS. I have yet to come up with how the two could be used but, for the Wii it could be a whole new channel where you could use your Wii to choose a class, then a clan or group and then you have certain interactions with other clans, whether it be ninjas vs pirates or knights vs soldiers. Just a broad idea I had, nothing specific but something that could turn out to be really cool.

Any opinions, criticism, or ideas? Just want to hear if anyone else out there has ideas about the Wii and DS connections or MMORPG?
    you know I had the same idea once, and it would be great! like the wii is about same graphics as wow, just makin it wow for wii would be awesome! im glad you brought this up!

Member #
    Friends
    I've heard discussion about this before. The most popular idea was a pokemon MMORPG. It would probably bring back some old gamers as well as appeal to young gamers.
    Wii games:
    Super Mario Galaxy,Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess,Super Paper Mario,Heatseeker,Wii Sports,Wii Play,Wing Island,Mario Party 8,RayMan Raving Rabbids
    Wish List:
    Super Smahs Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3, Battalion Wars 2.

Member #
    Friends
    Do you think it could ever happen? I mean it would not have to be good graphics or anything that is flat out insane, just something that everyone could enjoy and has a good story and gameplay.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm pretty sure the DS doesn't have the processing power to for a MMORPG. The wii might, assuming Nintendo holds up their end of the deal. (better servers...)
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    I'm pretty sure the DS doesn't have the processing power to for a MMORPG. The wii might, assuming Nintendo holds up their end of the deal. (better servers...)
    If the Dreamcast could do PSO, then I'm sure Nintendo could kick something up. A Legend of Zelda MMO or something.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Cero
    If the Dreamcast could do PSO, then I'm sure Nintendo could kick something up. A Legend of Zelda MMO or something.
    Even if they could, I'm pretty sure they won't. The DS has a tiny screen... And how would you communicate?

The wii has a lot more potential for several reasons:
    1. Its a console, which means it can handle more complicated and bigger games because of its far superior power. The Wii uses CDs, which have much more memory capacity than the DS card things.
    2. With the addition of the USB Keyboard (and hopefully voicechat...) it will allow for easy communication.
    3. Its got better controls.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    Even if they could, I'm pretty sure they won't. The DS has a tiny screen... And how would you communicate?

The wii has a lot more potential for several reasons:
    1. Its a console, which means it can handle more complicated and bigger games because of its far superior power. The Wii uses CDs, which have much more memory capacity than the DS card things.
    2. With the addition of the USB Keyboard (and hopefully voicechat...) it will allow for easy communication.
    3. Its got better controls.
    That's what I am saying. Wii would be much better for a MMO, but if it were made by Nintendo, DS use could be an optional/useful addition.

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0763-7929-1645
    good idea been in my head for ages BUT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
    I left wii-chat in the 09 disaster

Ads