LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    If they ported San Andreas to the wii and it was $30 I would probably buy it.

That said seeing as they are spending all this dev time on the GTA4 engine they will milk the engine for a couple more games. Only after they've released a couple sequels to GTA4 will they consider a wii version I would say. I'm not sure how manhunt and bully sales went. But I highly doubt they will be good enough to convince rockstar to make a wii version.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    OVER TO THE FINANCIAL SIDE OF THINGS

~Im sure parents want their kids playing a game where you can pick up a ho, do your business, and then beat her with a baseball bat to get your money back, and afterwards you do it again just for kicks
    If that were a factor there wouldn't be ANY good games left to play much less GTA...
    I think GTA with controls similar to Godfather would be pretty kick ass, but yeah we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Member #
    Friends
    8550-4135-2443-8680
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Because Wii remote controls are not that special to warrant a port of an old game. I have no idea why they even did a Bully port, I think they wanted to do a updated version for the 360 and decided to go ahead and do it for the Wii but with the old graphics. Just play the original... it's not like PS2 is over, they're still selling it.
    I highly beg to differ that.

RE4 was plenty fun on the Wii.
    Killer 7 would be damn good on the Wii too.
    And despite owning a PS2, I await Okami on the Wii.

Sure you'll get the gimped games that have features docked, ie Table Tennis, but they're still FUN and most of the quality ones WORK.

That being said, we all know GTA4 on the Wii wouldn't warrant a purchase. And you know this as you've so rudely stated.
    So you're saying that you wouldn't buy an original GTA game with better than PS2 style graphics that comes to the Wii only?

If it does happen, it'd be like GTA Advance.
    Rockstar obviously likes the Wii; they've put out three games on it already. But I'm not sure if they're willing to take a step back in their GTA plans to do it. The PSP titles were different: they already had a relationship with Sony. Them developing for Nintendo is still relatively new.
    Last edited by hop3less; 03-27-2008 at 09:10 AM.

Minions! I must summon more minions!
    Bwahahahaha! Fear the Pikmin!

Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    hop3less
    2449 4332 9181

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Band geek
    Isn't that cute, a statement of ignorance. Oklahoma fan, perhaps?
    Nope. I'm a fan of the other team that fell asleep at the wheel: Georgia. I am sort of glad it happened though. Our defensive coordinator actually watches game film now and tries to adjust his defense to the opponent's offense. He even blitzes on occasion these days. Georgia largely has its loss to WVU to thank for that. That late-50's-Howell-Landry Umbrella Defense has really stood the test of time but it's not something a team should use on every play against every team.

As far as ignorance, I just know what I hear from a buddy of mine who grew up in West Virginia. I ask him about couch fires and he says he's seen WV fans burn all sorts of odd things so I just assume it's happened.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkfish
    Hmm...

To put it simply, No.

~I think it might be close to IMPOSSIBLE to port a game like GTAIV from a console with teh awesomez graphix to a console with moving pictures drawn with crayons for graphics (it doesn't even get the x in it so yah). Plus, im sure that the current engine used in the game wont even work on the Wii.
    show me your so called "moving pictures drawn with crayon" graphics

~Do you know how much they would have to take out of the game so it would fit on THREE DISKS???
    who said it has to be gta4. older games fit on ps2. wii has dual layer.

~Crappy online play=YELLOW SPHINCTER
    why need online play for a game where u can do millions of stuff in single player?

~The controls would just suck, even if they were opted for the GC or Classic controller. I just cant see myself playing GTA with a GC controller, ever.
    have u even played godfather game on wii?

OVER TO THE FINANCIAL SIDE OF THINGS

~Im sure parents want their kids playing a game where you can pick up a ho, do your business, and then beat her with a baseball bat to get your money back, and afterwards you do it again just for kicks

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    What's funny to me is the fact that many of you still assume the Wii is owned by children. I am 29, and I easily know 15 people in their upper-20s and early-30s that own the Wii.

Back on December 16th, 2007, Nintendo actually said that the average age of Wii owners was 29 years old.

Let's Go Mountaineers! Band geek's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814
    Nope. I'm a fan of the other team that fell asleep at the wheel: Georgia. I am sort of glad it happened though. Our defensive coordinator actually watches game film now and tries to adjust his defense to the opponent's offense. He even blitzes on occasion these days. Georgia largely has its loss to WVU to thank for that. That late-50's-Howell-Landry Umbrella Defense has really stood the test of time but it's not something a team should use on every play against every team.

As far as ignorance, I just know what I hear from a buddy of mine who grew up in West Virginia. I ask him about couch fires and he says he's seen WV fans burn all sorts of odd things so I just assume it's happened.
    That Sugar Bowl was a great game. The Dawgs have gotten better, and could be looking at a preseason #1 ranking (I think UGA deserves it more than USC). And yeah, it gets crazy after big games. The couch-burning is typically saved for huge wins that define the program. That '05-'06 Sugar Bowl is an example. Not only was it WVU's first venture into the BCS, but it was a chance to save the automatic berth for the Big East. It isn't restricted to football, though. There was a HUGE celebration/riot when the basketball team went to the Elite 8 to play Louisville a few years back. Cars were set aflame, people got expelled, etc. Unfortunately, the city of Morgantown is cracking down on the couch burning. $1,500 fine and some time for a first offense.

...*ahem* Grand Theft Auto would be awesome on the Wii...
    Montani semper liberi

For there is naught to fear
    the gang's all here
    so Hail to West Virginia, Hail!

Member #
    Friends
    I would not mind if they port the Xbox(better graphics) version of Vice City to Wii and waggle to the game. It would be funny to virtually club gangsters.

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan
    What's funny to me is the fact that many of you still assume the Wii is owned by children. I am 29, and I easily know 15 people in their upper-20s and early-30s that own the Wii.

Back on December 16th, 2007, Nintendo actually said that the average age of Wii owners was 29 years old.
    Im pretty sure R* wouldn't like it if only sixteen people bought GTAWii.

Yeah, the average age... in Japan, where this kind of stuff is waaaaay popular with Hardcore gamers? There is a big difference between American and Japanese hardcore gamers.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    8294-6630-1949-8016
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Because Wii remote controls are not that special to warrant a port of an old game.
    *cough* Resident Evil 4 *cough*

Brawl FC: 2707-1283-4208
    If you're online frequently, send me a PM that you added me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads