LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Grand Theft Auto on Wii

OK, so first of all, I know this has been beat to death, but do you honestly think it would be stupid for Rockstar to create a GTA game for Wii? Are you seriously trying to tell me that you wouldn't buy a Wii version of GTA, even if you already had GTA IV on PS3 or 360? If you say wouldn't buy it, then you're lying.

The fact is, that the entire control scheme would make people curious, and they would probably buy it just to have it. After all, as of 12/31/07, Nintendo has shipped over 20 million units worldwide, and has sold more units than PS3 and 360 combined in the US.

Honestly, I think it would be an idiotic financial decision for Rockstar NOT to create a GTA build for the Wii. I know I would buy it, and yes, you probably would too...even if just out of curiosity.

Let's Go Mountaineers! Band geek's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Putting GTA on the Wii is a great idea, and Rockstar would make quite a bit of cash. The Wii needs more games that aren't aimed at kids. Games like Scarface: The World is Yours and Godfather: Blackhand Edition. I don't have anything against the classic stuff like Mario or Zelda, but give me something where you can cut someone in half with a chainsaw when they cuss at you for walking down the street. Graphic violence isn't a terrible thing.
    Montani semper liberi

For there is naught to fear
    the gang's all here
    so Hail to West Virginia, Hail!

Member #
    Friends
    8550-4135-2443-8680
    Seeing as how they made a new engine for GTA4 that touts (for once) on par graphics with other games out there, as well as improved AI and physics, they'd have to go back to the drawing board with a Wii GTA.

Then again, they went back to the original top down design for the GBA version, which is bloody brilliant.
    So you never know.

I wouldn't be shocked if it went either way.

Minions! I must summon more minions!
    Bwahahahaha! Fear the Pikmin!

Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    hop3less
    2449 4332 9181

Member #
    Friends
    3683-9973-7368-2749
    I'm not sure of the business side of things, but those PSP games (Liberty City Stories/Vice City stories) get ported to the PS2 so I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to see it coming to Wii.

I know the old philosophy was GTA was TOO mature for Nintendo, but we've gotten Scarface, Godfather, and Manhunt already. Nintendo finally saw the light...or the $$$.

But on a side topic, I love all sandbox/openworld games. I wish Nintendo would make their own sometime.
    SSBB: Shoti-4682-8130-2485

www.theexilesclan.com

Member #
    Friends
    It is hopeless..
    I think Rockstar would focus on more "adult" systems such as the 360.
    Because making a Wii version would take more time to port over.
    Which is why Oblivion never came to the Wii yet the PSP..Besides the fact that the Wii lacks memory.

Until the release of GTA4 will we know if it will ever come out on the Wii.
    I would like to see it happend, but I think it would cost more money to develop then the sales it would pull in on the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that you wouldn't buy a Wii version of GTA, even if you already had GTA IV on PS3 or 360? If you say wouldn't buy it, then you're lying.
    Or you might just not be interested in the game. I player the top-down one on the Playstation and I played Vice City a couple of times. I didn't enjoy either enough to buy the game (or even rent it for that matter). If they think they can make money off of it, it'll get ported.

Quote Originally Posted by Band geek
    I don't have anything against the classic stuff like Mario or Zelda, but give me something where you can cut someone in half with a chainsaw when they cuss at you for walking down the street. Graphic violence isn't a terrible thing.
    No, not terrible. Throwing in a few burning couches and it'll be just like a WV after-game party.

Member #
    Friends
    How many times do people have to make these threads... You say "I know this has been beat to death" yet you still make this thread.

and honestly, no I would not buy it... Why buy a half baked Wii version if I have GTA4 on my 360.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    How many times do people have to make these threads... You say "I know this has been beat to death" yet you still make this thread.

and honestly, no I would not buy it... Why buy a half baked Wii version if I have GTA4 on my 360.
    not all people are fortunate enough to own all three consoles so people might just buy the wii version.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Here is my theory. After doing some research on why MGS$ was only on ps3, I found out that console producers Incourage exclusives so the licence fee is cheaper. Also there is the issue of it not selling as well as the other consoles. Wii owners dont see third parties as the main producers of games. This makes third parties think twice defore making games.

EDIT: I agree with what vashivihan said. Not everyone has every console and there are people that have wiis has there main console.
    Last edited by thas; 03-26-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    to vash: No shit... But if you actually read something, he said:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you wouldn't buy a Wii version of GTA, even if you already had GTA IV on PS3 or 360? If you say wouldn't buy it, then you're lying.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads