I emailed a few questions to Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars developer Red Fly Studio. Nothing big, but it’s nice to know a little more about one of the most interesting titles of 2008. Here is what will hopefully become a more regular article, Wii Lives 5 Questions.
1. How long has the game been in development?
The game has been in development for one year now. Well, it’s been in people’s brains for much longer than one year, but in actual we’re-putting-moving-characters-on-a-screen development for one year.
2. Will the game have any Multiplayer features?
We’re not yet ready to talk about whether or not there are any multiplayer features. When we are, though, you’ll hear about them for sure.
3. Will it run in 480 Progressive-Scan and 16:9 Widescreen?
Currently it is 480p. BUT we are looking into the capabilities of 16:9, if possible.
4. Will the game take advantage of Nintendo WiFi Connection or WiiConnect24?
5. What kind of motion controls or IR controls does Mushroom Men use that you can tell us about?
We’re making significant use of the IR controls, because we feel that is a very strong component of the Wii Remote. We’ll tell you more about them soon.
A big thanks to Red Fly Studio for taking the time to answer these questions. I’m really looking forward to this game. Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars will be releasing for Wii Fall 2008, and Mushroom Men: Rise of Fungi will be releasing Summer 2008.