LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Too many classic Nintendo ideas being used up?

One thing i've been wondering about is whether this flood of classic Nintendo series games will dry up creativity or improve it in the future, and I can see it going either way. So far in the course of a little over a year we've seen these series get a new game for wii. Super Mario Brothers, Mario RPG, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime. With these "sure fire hits" already off the table for Nintendo what will they then focus on. From a business standpoint it seems a little foolish to release, mario galaxy, SSBB, and Mario Kart, in a 6 month time frame. I could see this going either way though. Either you'll use up all their ideas early and be screwed, or this will force Nintendo to become more creative and think up great new series to begin. Hopefully option 3 doesn't happen, that being endless sequels being released.
    I am the Eggman. They are the Eggmen.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2040-6433-9730-8074
    Nintendo always have a plan and will always have a back-up. but it is a very valif point you have made only time will tell for us.

The Shard of Courage

Member #
    Friends
    wow, your name reminded me that I forgot to add Zelda to that list
    I am the Eggman. They are the Eggmen.

Member #
    Friends
    2040-6433-9730-8074
    LOL at least im good for something lmao, yeah tbh i would still buy the new mario and zelda games even if they had nothing different lol and im sure nintendo see it as that as well, but from what i have heard nintendo are trying to look at new ways to play games insted of picking up a controller and playing hence the Wii.
    Im nintendo all the way tho lol

The Shard of Courage

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    lol my thoughts are exactly that of OP. this is what i said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    yeah but IMO they did something wrong when they released ssbb and mario kart within month or two of each other. everything good will be spent on first 6 months. if they had releasd mario kart at the end of the year, it would have been better since gamers would have been craving for something good after ssbb. between thhose two, people wouldnt be able choosr between two because they can be played for a long time. it would even out of course if ninty releases killer games during the 3 and 4 quarter.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    I don't think they were foolish....this gets all these standard series Nintendo produces out of the way early to leave time for either a sequel to come out on the Wii ,or a rebirth of an old series. We seem to forget that without Mario,Zelda ,or Metroid doesn't have any good franchises left in their tank when that isn't the fact.

The fact is Nintendo has plenty of franchises they either haven't on the Wii yet ,or used in years.

There's
    Star Fox
    Startropics
    Kid Icarus
    Animal Crossing
    Wave Race
    FZero
    Pikmin
    Earthbound(Mother)
    Punch-Out
    Donkey Kong (platforming game)
    Wario(platforming game) i wouldn't mind seeing a Wario World sequel.

plus there's plenty of blockbuster possibilities for the WiiWare service
    think of it:

New Super Mario Bros (either Wii port ,or a Wii exclusive sequel)
    Legend of Zelda Four Swords (imagine playing the other links with people online ,and the possibility of DS connectivity)
    Metroid Prime Hunters 2 ( a Wii exclusive sequel that would be multiplayer online only)
    the next Yoshi's Island game

So theres plenty of fuel left in the tank

let us not forget Disaster Day of Crisis ,and possibility maybe because Project HAMMER was canceled doesn't mean it doesn't evolve into something else building upon what was created on PH.

If you really think about it the whole Mii ,and Wii Music ideas started from a little Gamecube game that never was released called Stage Debut. You were suppose to be able to create characters ,and i believe have them play music.
    Nintendo may cancel some games ,but they never scrap their ideas they just build upon them in another game. Hence Super Mario 128=Super Mario Galaxy
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    2040-6433-9730-8074
    See never give up on the big N lol now thats a list we should respect and a point which shouldnt go over looked by maximo

The Shard of Courage

Member #
    Friends
    They still plan to do RPGs with their newly aquired Monolith Studios(Xenogears).

They also have Golden Sun for an RPG franchise.

Hopefully they plan on doing a 1st party mutiplayer FPS like a Metroid Prime spinoff or something.

Obviously Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing are gonna happen. A Zelda sequel is likely. F-Zero is certain.

Nintendo also seems to be swinging some great 3rd party exlusives like Monster Hunter and Fatal Frame.

Member #
    Friends
    6093-3253-1341-7136
    plus they started wii-ware thingy
    -=Join The Waluigi=-
    games i own on wii: SMG SSBB WII SPORTS WII PLAY HOUSE OF DEAD 2&3 RETURN REDSTEEL FARCRY MARIO PARTY 8 LINKS CROSSBOW TRAINING GT PRO STREET NEED FOR SPEED CARBON
    GAMES I OWN ON VC: DK COUNTRY 1 DK COUNTRY 2 SONIC 2 BOMBERMAN PAPER MARIO MARIO KART MARIO BROS. 3
    Ds games i own: pokemon diamond pokemon mystery dungeon new super mario bros mario hoops mario party mario vs dk march of the minis starfox naruto rpg naruto 3 and mario 64
    im so lucky

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    nickg that was already mentioned as part of my post
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads