LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i had all 3, but got rid of my Wii because of huge drought on Wii games and none of my friends played Wii... until now -.-
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by EffeKt View Post
    why bother with a 360 if you have the pc? most games people want for 360 eventually come out on the pc anyways.
    That is often my issue. Most of the games on the 360 are also on the PC (save for timed exclusives), so I find it hard to justify buying a console with games that I could play on my PC anyway.

If you don't have a PC that is powerful enough to play games then a 360 is a very good choice, but it seems as ivor84 does have a gaming PC as he lists COD4 as one of the games that he plays on it, yet people suggest him getting a 360 with COD4.

The PC can cover 360/PS3 games and some Wii games (more point n click ported adventures are appearing) but I chose PC + Wii as it offers me a bit of a wider choice due to Nintendo's first party titles.

There are a few adult games on Wii currently (Godfather, Scarface, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, COD:WAW, MOH:Heroes 2, Resident Evil 4 etc) but the line up for this year looks a lot better with games like The Conduit and Madworld leading the way.

Member #
    Friends
    Depends on what your define as "Adult" games, I assume you mean M rated games.

From my collection
    -Resident Evil 4
    -No More Heroes
    -The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
    -Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    Just get a Wii, almost all 360 games comes to the PC with better graphics. Also you could just buy a 360 gamepad and your done. Most of Wii games will never be found on the PC due to the fact that games made for it are different in many ways. I currently have a pretty good PC setup that takes care of all my x360 needs and a PS3 well for games such as Street Fighter and Metal Gear. The Wii I have gets the most play sessions as everyone plays it, and offers the most fun.

Member #
    Friends
    You guys do realize this thread is almost a year old?
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    This thread is is a shame. So blood and violence make a game more "hardcore" and cool? Does playing a gangster sim make you feel more like a man??

I'm GLAD I am NOT a "hardcore" gamer. How embarrassing.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    This thread is is a shame. So blood and violence make a game more "hardcore" and cool? Does playing a gangster sim make you feel more like a man??

I'm GLAD I am NOT a "hardcore" gamer. How embarrassing.
    Hardcore is an idiot word itself. No "hardcore" ain't always the cool thing. After all I like my R&C fix.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think there's definitely a definition of wat is hardcore and what isn't. I don't think that the likes of Cooking Mama or anything of the sort is hardcore. I just define hardcore as, if a woman has young children, then they will not pick up this game. Although, I love my Mario Kart. It's just due to how much work is put into the game and how much gameplay you can get out of it.

I do think that the 360 has more games for someone who is older, of course it does, that's its audience. The Wii was primarily made so that people who haven't gamed before or in a long period of time choose to. Nintendo's only going to please their fans with Zelda and the likes (but no matter how good those games are, they're always going to be deemed hardcore :/).

You may as well get all three if you have a load of money. Other than that, I don't think you're missing anything else. But hey, blood, violence and FPS's are not that appealling to me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ivor84 View Post
    I'm trying to decide between a 360 and a wii, I have a PC that I use to play COD4, WoW, Day of Defeat etc. I've looked thru some of the WII game listings and a few jump out at me, Zelda, MLB08, No More Heros, but then it seems to turn into alot of games that seem set on the younger crowd. Am I missing out on some "older" oriented games?
    What are "adult" games Leisure Suit Larry perhaps???.....LOL......you mean hardcore (wait that sounds just as bad)

Ads