Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848

Hudson WiiWare Line Up

Hudson Soft is a well known Japanese electronic entertainment publisher and developer founded by two brothers (Yuji and Hiroshi Kudo) that started way back in 1973 as a normal store selling telecommunications devices and art photographs but quickly grew and soon started to developer computer games and ended up being Nintendo's first third party developer creating many hits such as Lode Runner and Hudson's most notable mascot Bomberman! They went on to produce many games such as the Mario Party series and many Bomberman sequels.

Hudson has now named and dated some of the ten announced games it has coming to Nintendo's downloadable content service, WiiWare. We finally have clarification on Bomberman Wii but there are more eye brow raisers in the current line up planned.

Bomberman
    The rumoured Bomberman title will be released as a full retail game on a disk. The disk will include a single player mode which hasn't been explained how it will work, mini-games which have proven to be popular on the Nintendo wii console and a multi-player traditional battle mode. Hudson claimed that they will be releasing the Battle mode as a lone release on WiiWare. So if you want a smaller price tag, no single player adventure or mini-games then you'll be elated to know this. It'll be hitting the Japanese WiiWare in June, no word on NA or EU release.

Joy Sound
    Joy sound, a previously mentioned WiiWare title, is no longer WiiWare as it will be shipped with peripheral accessories which obviously can't be purchased through download however additional songs will be available through WiiWare

Blue Oasis
    Blue Oasis is a title that can only be described as a Endless ocean like game however in this title there is a fish tank which you tend to and admire. Not much is known about this title however it will be using the forecast channel. Hitting Japan this year but no month specified.

Tetris
    Tetris is still coming with 6 player online and 2 player co-op but it still has that traditional appeal and no crazy new aspects so it is shaping up to being a great WiiWare title. Hitting Japan this June.

Alien Crush
    The retro classic Alien crush will be getting a shiny new build for our pleasure. After the original had some good sale figures on the VC this new will please many fans! It will have 3D graphics, a new board, 6 player online (6 Player online pinball...How will it work?) and online leader boards. Hitting Japan in August.

Hudson looks to have a stellar line up for Nintendo's downloadable service so stay tuned in the coming months for more information!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    6 Player Tetris?
    WTF?!?

nice find

Where is your savior now? Lost Savior's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Bomberman!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!
    Wii Games:Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Member #
    Friends
    I can't wait for tetris.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64
    6 Player Tetris?
    WTF?!?

nice find
    Find? I wrote this.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    WAIT.

Wiiware gets online goods?

Ho snap.

This could be good.
    I might finally by wii points.

And dare I see Downloadble content? I think I do. Joy sound looks nifty.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    WAIT.

Wiiware gets online goods?

Ho snap.

This could be good.
    I might finally by wii points.

And dare I see Downloadble content? I think I do. Joy sound looks nifty.
    Joy might be Japan only...it's database apparantly is 20'000+ Japanese songs :X

Downloadable content was confirmed a while back when a developer said their puzzle game was getting extra levels, I forget which.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Games using channels I no longer use (like weather channels?) sounds pretty neat.

Hopefully it cuts back on the shovelware hitting the shelves, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    dang wheres NEW Adventure Island ,and NEW Bonk's Adventure...that's what I want to see then they need to bring back Neutopia ,and Legendary Axe as full 3D retail rebirths.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    Bomberman
    The rumoured Bomberman title will be released as a full retail game on a disk. The disk will include a single player mode which hasn't been explained how it will work, mini-games which have proven to be popular on the Nintendo wii console and a multi-player traditional battle mode. Hudson claimed that they will be releasing the Battle mode as a lone release on WiiWare. So if you want a smaller price tag, no single player adventure or mini-games then you'll be elated to know this. It'll be hitting the Japanese WiiWare in June, no word on NA or EU release.
    Awesome!!! I will buy the retail disc. I love Bomberman and just turned my girlfriend onto it. And I got a copy of Bomberman2 for her NES. Bomberman2 for NES is the first game in the series that had multiplayer!

I'll probably also buy Alien Crush on WiiWare as I'd like a good pinball game with online leaderboards & multiplayer!

Wii is really starting to rock!!!

Ads