+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoOFD16 View Post
    Cool thanks.....

yea dont ask me why i do things like that...LOL
    If you're still trying to get out of the cave beneath the Mouth of Inti, you might want know that you will emerge back at the Altar of Huitaca and both that level and the next one you will visit have Shamans you can reach. Since you bought the Mystery Item early, you should have plenty of Idols for use at the Shaman!

Member #
    Friends

Help in Flooded Courtyard

I am in the flooded courtyard and have killed all of the St. Clair's men and got the Idol. Now what? I can't find a way out! I have been jumping pillar to pillar for hours.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonkie View Post
    I am in the flooded courtyard and have killed all of the St. Clair's men and got the Idol. Now what? I can't find a way out! I have been jumping pillar to pillar for hours.
    I assume this is the first time you went there? Good job on getting the Idol. I was never able to make the jump (I grabbed it later when I got the Explorer).

Assuming it's your first time there, you need to go up to the two altars on either side at the far end from where you entered. Remember how you got your Heroic Dash when you first entered this level? You're going to need it to reach these two altars. Go up to them and use your Torch and the game will show you where to go next.

Member #
    Friends
    Thank you 1995hoo! I am now up to the Renegade Fort. I'm stuck trying to get over the the opening before it closes again, it's FAST. Any hints on how to get to in time? I think I am too impatient for this game. I need a cheat manual!!
    Last edited by Boonkie; 03-29-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonkie View Post
    Thank you 1995hoo! I am now up to the Renegade Fort. I'm stuck trying to get over the the opening before it closes again, it's FAST. Any hints on how to get to in time? I think I am too impatient for this game. I need a cheat manual!!
    That is THE most annoying spot in the whole game. The biggest thing is not to take any time swinging back and forth on the ropes. If you do, you won't make it. I always turn around and line myself up with the first rope before throwing the lever. Then I Heroic Dive onto the first rope, do a jump off the rope on the first swing, then hit jump again whilst in mid-air so that I hit the top platform, and then I make my way from there. Remember you can roll to get under the gate if it's starting to get low.

I think it took me an hour and a half of trying that over and over again the first time I played that level. (To make it even more annoying.....the Explorer in the next level cannot be reached until you have TNT, so you'll be doing all this again later. AND the next level is a dead-end, meaning when you finish it, you come back out to the Renegade Fort where you are now!!! )

Member #
    Friends
    Yesterday afternoon I stuck my videocamera on top of a tripod and pointed it at my TV. I decided to film two areas that are frequent subjects of questions, as well as the Flooded Cave because when hobocamp (I think it was him) asked me for help on that I had trouble describing what to do.

WARNING: These are not dialup-friendly, especially the Statues of Ayar video, which is over 3 minutes long. All are uploaded at 320 x 240.

How to get through the Statues of Ayar: I had to edit this down several times to make it short enough for Photobucket to accept the upload. Hence a reference to the Healing Spring at one point, which refers to a part I removed. I had originally shown the whole level, coming in from the Great Tree, as well as where the Idols are, but I had to cut all that out.

How to get out of the Burning Outpost (second half of the Twin Outposts level): Note that I used the Breakdance Strike to kill the four natives. You might need to use a different method if you haven't bought the Breakdance Strike from the Shaman.

How to go through the Flooded Cave: This level is the shortcut between the Renegade Fort and Bittenbinder's Camp, and you can use it in either direction once you have a Gas Mask. (From Bittenbinder's Camp you have to spin-kick a tree on Leech's island to make a bridge if you want to access the cave, and obviously where I talk about diving down to an opening you instead have to go up.) It's a good shortcut, especially late in the game, but it can be very disorienting in there! hobocamp had asked about going in the other direction towards the Renegade Fort. The key there is to know when you have to swim upwards after passing all the eels.

Member #
    Friends
    I was reading through this thread and am having a similar problem...I went back to the Turtle Monument and found the Shaman and Idols but I can't get the next special ability? It's hiding I guess but I can't figure it out... Also, which way do I head after the Turtle Monument?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lukepisci View Post
    I was reading through this thread and am having a similar problem...I went back to the Turtle Monument and found the Shaman and Idols but I can't get the next special ability? It's hiding I guess but I can't figure it out... Also, which way do I head after the Turtle Monument?
    Go into the turtle's head (big statue thing) and explore everywhere in there. That's where you get the next special ability.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Once you get it, the game should tell you where to go next in another of those scenes where Harry pulls out the map.

Member #
    Friends
    i found bittenbinder freed the tank thing and got the sling but i cant seem to find leech i dont know what tree he is in can anyone help????

Member #
    Friends
    Go to the second little sandbar/island (it's the one you come to after you walk across the first fallen tree - there's probably be a dead porcupine there by now). Then look over to your left. Aim for approximately the middle of the tops of those trees. If you look closely, you can actually see a bit of the plane stuck up in there.

Ads