LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Stuck in Monkey Temple. Please HELP! Got Harry's body back but don't know how to get the glowing disk or where to go next.

Member #
    Friends

Help!

Could someone help? I am stuck in the Statues of Ayar. I don't know where to go after jumping on the vine atfer the tilting stone disk held by the statue. I have tryed to swing onto the next statue's hand but miss every time and I see no other reachable item to swing to. What have I done wrong? Also I have only the canteen, 10 found Idols and only 1 Shaman found. Have I missed a bunch of things? I explore every area I come to but I have only started playing this game yesterday. It can be every frustrating game at times. But, I seem to be hooked already. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!

Member #
    Friends
    Boonkie - You're on the right path. You're supposed to swing up to the hand. I found that climbing up the vine just a bit helps, and most importantly, aim out towards the fingertips. Harry will land on the edge of the fingers and then climb up. Good luck.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hobocamp11 View Post
    Boonkie - You're on the right path. You're supposed to swing up to the hand. I found that climbing up the vine just a bit helps, and most importantly, aim out towards the fingertips. Harry will land on the edge of the fingers and then climb up. Good luck.
    Thank you. I'll try that!

Member #
    Friends
    Nene - Just grab the disk the same way you grab an idol.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hobocamp11 View Post
    Nene - Just grab the disk the same way you grab an idol.
    Thanks so much Hobocamp11!! Duh! I will give that a try...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995hoo View Post
    The burning courtyard is the second half of the Twin Outposts level. From the first half (the native encampment, for lack of a better term) swim through the underground water to the second half (the burning courtyard). You need to do a Rising Strike onto the broken ladder that's across the lava behind the tree. It's a little tricky because you have to align yourself just so. Took me around 45 minutes and much cursing to get through there the first time.
    Thanks so much for your advice about the Rising Stirke on the ladder. I was stuck there for an hour.

Member #
    Friends

More help needed

How do you get the idol in Bittenbinder's camp? I got the rising strike, the sling and freed Leach. But I can't get onto the island that has the Idol on it.
    Last edited by Boonkie; 03-10-2009 at 06:00 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonkie View Post
    How do you get the idol in Bittenbinder's camp? I got the rising strike, the sling and freed Leach. But I can't get onto the island that has the Idol on it.
    There are two Idols in there. The one closer to where Bittenbinder's tent is requires you to jump onto the log in the water, then jump to the island, then use the Rising Strike up to where the Idol is.

I got the second one later after swimming through the Flooded Cave from the Renegade Fort. I'm not sure whether you can get it this early in the game, but if you want to try, there is a tree on Leech's island that you can knock down to get over to where the stinky plants are (you can't swim to that area since there's no way out of the water).

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonkie View Post
    Could someone help? I am stuck in the Statues of Ayar. I don't know where to go after jumping on the vine atfer the tilting stone disk held by the statue. I have tryed to swing onto the next statue's hand but miss every time and I see no other reachable item to swing to. What have I done wrong? Also I have only the canteen, 10 found Idols and only 1 Shaman found. Have I missed a bunch of things? I explore every area I come to but I have only started playing this game yesterday. It can be every frustrating game at times. But, I seem to be hooked already. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!
    hobocamp mentioned the easiest way to get up there (I found that a single push of the control stick was sufficient). The first time I played the game that level took me forever, easily over an hour. If you swing from the very bottom of the vine, you come up under the hand, smack into it, and fall to your death.

As far as Idols and Shamans and Explorers, no, you haven't missed too much. The Explorers are worth five Idols. If you count them with the rest of the Idols, by the time you reach the entrance to the Statues of Ayar you should have a maximum of 13 Idols, and presumably you would have used a couple of them at that first Shaman to buy something (meaning you'll have fewer by now). So far there has only been one Explorer and only two Shamans you can reach (the Explorer and the first Shaman were both in plain sight and the game would have prompted you what to do when you saw them). There is a Shaman back near the plane (requires Rising Strike) and another at the Great Tree (requires Gas Mask), but you can't reach them until later; ditto for the second Idol at each of the Crash Site (need Rising Strike), the Altar of Huitaca (need Heroic Dash), and the Punchau Shrine (need Torch); and an Explorer at the Punchau Shrine (requires Torch).

There are two Idols in the Statues of Ayar that you can't reach immediately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads