LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995hoo View Post

(There is an Explorer in the cages. You need the Smash Strike to reach him, and I think it's easier to get him on your way back through this level a little later. There are also two Idols on this level.)
    Hello 1995hoo, I really need to know how to get to that explorer. I am stuck, can you help.

CB

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by chipbuffal View Post
    Hello 1995hoo, I really need to know how to get to that explorer. I am stuck, can you help.

CB
    This is the one in the Abandoned Cavern. He's a bit tricky. You need to get yourself up on the two crates that are hanging near the rotating platforms. I did this on the way back from the Crystal Cavern by jumping on the rock near the lever, then using the two ropes to swing up, then jumping to the second crate. Then you need to kick the grating out of the side of the cage (if memory serves me correctly, a spin-kick works, like you'd use on a tree; don't double-jump when you try this, as you can't kick when you double-jump). Once you get into the cage, Smash Strike down to where the Explorer is.

Once you take the Explorer's Idol, go through the cages, then Rising Strike to the interior platform and roll through a small opening in the side to get out of the cages.

You can't get into the cages from the other end (where the second "bridge" is)—you have to do it from on top of the hanging crate described earlier. Also, I do not know whether you can do this on the way through for the first time going towards the Crystal Cavern, simply because I never tried.

Member #
    Friends
    Should work the same way it did back when you first got the Heroic Dash. Are you pushing the joystick forwards in the direction you want to go? I always do that and it seems to help. Also, you'll have to jump up the steps to the altar thingy.
    It did help. Thank you.

Member #
    Friends
    As far as Idols and Shamans and Explorers, no, you haven't missed too much. The Explorers are worth five Idols. If you count them with the rest of the Idols, by the time you reach the entrance to the Statues of Ayar you should have a maximum of 13 Idols, and presumably you would have used a couple of them at that first Shaman to buy something (meaning you'll have fewer by now). So far there has only been one Explorer and only two Shamans you can reach (the Explorer and the first Shaman were both in plain sight and the game would have prompted you what to do when you saw them). There is a Shaman back near the plane (requires Rising Strike) and another at the Great Tree (requires Gas Mask), but you can't reach them until later; ditto for the second Idol at each of the Crash Site (need Rising Strike), the Altar of Huitaca (need Heroic Dash), and the Punchau Shrine (need Torch); and an Explorer at the Punchau Shrine (requires Torch).

There are two Idols in the Statues of Ayar that you can't reach immediately.
    Thank you for all your help!

Member #
    Friends
    ....ditto for the second Idol at each of the Crash Site (need Rising Strike),
    I have made my way back to the crash site and I have the Rising Strike. I thing I have to go throught the hatch in the ceiling in the roof where the ladder is laying on the floor. I have not been able to jump up to the opening. Is there a trick to it, or I'm I in the wrong place?

Member #
    Friends
    If i'm understanding your question correctly, you can't use the rising strike tojump that high. You have to out to the swinging vine, and then swing up onto the plane.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonkie View Post
    I have made my way back to the crash site and I have the Rising Strike. I thing I have to go throught the hatch in the ceiling in the roof where the ladder is laying on the floor. I have not been able to jump up to the opening. Is there a trick to it, or I'm I in the wrong place?
    I can't really picture where you mean, but for the Idol at the Crash Site you need to go almost all the way back to the beginning of the game, way back where you encountered your first Howler Monkey before you kicked your way through the plane the first time. Notice to your left where the tyre tracks go up the wall. Do a Rising Strike up there and you'll find the Idol; go through the passageway after that and you'll find the Shaman up on a rock.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey 1995hoo - I've been going back through the game to get all the idols I missed the first time. There's one at the Monoliths site that gave me trouble the first time through, but I thought with TNT I'd be able to get it. It's the one half-buried in snow, with what looks like a frozen figure on top of the monument. Do you remember how you got that one? TNT and nothing else I've tried have helped. Thanks.
    Tom

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hobocamp11 View Post
    Hey 1995hoo - I've been going back through the game to get all the idols I missed the first time. There's one at the Monoliths site that gave me trouble the first time through, but I thought with TNT I'd be able to get it. It's the one half-buried in snow, with what looks like a frozen figure on top of the monument. Do you remember how you got that one? TNT and nothing else I've tried have helped. Thanks.
    Tom
    I know where you mean, up on that ledge to the left where you climb an ice wall to get there. Kill all ten Snow Bowlers and the Idol will rise out of the ground. (Similar to the one at the Battered Bridge, but easier.)

Member #
    Friends
    I just got the gas mask (already have canteen, torch, sling shot, and shield). How can I select the gas mask so I can use it? I confirmed I have it by going to Inventory, but all four spots on my controller are taken up with the other items. I can't seem to select it like I can my other items.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Ads