LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by nene33 View Post
    I just got the gas mask (already have canteen, torch, sling shot, and shield). How can I select the gas mask so I can use it? I confirmed I have it by going to Inventory, but all four spots on my controller are taken up with the other items. I can't seem to select it like I can my other items.
    Select one of the four positions on the controller and hold that side down. Example: Let's say you have the Torch on the left and don't plan to use it for a while, so you want to put the Gas Mask there. Hold down the left side of the cross. The game will pop up a box asking what item you want to map to the left side of the controller. Use the cross portion to highlight that item and then hit "A" to select it. (Unlike other menus in Pitfall, you don't use the control stick to navigate this box for some reason.)

Member #
    Friends

Stuck in the abandoned cavern the 2nd time through

I'm on my back through the abandoned cavern and I've been on top of the rock above the conveyor belt. I think I need to get on the vine and swing to one of the platforms, but I've tried for several hours now and can't. Does anyone have a hint on how to get out of here?
    Thank you

Member #
    Friends
    You're right, that's exactly what you need to do. Go to the upper left corner edge of the rock and jump from there. You should be able to catch the rope easily from there. good luck.

Member #
    Friends

abandoned cavern

I can get to the vine, I just can't swing to the platform..I keep coming up short. Where do I need to go?
    thanks

Member #
    Friends
    I seem to recall that you might need to climb up the rope just a bit for this one. I remember Harry hitting is head on the platform the first few times I jumped. (Also be sure you're trying to jump on the correct platform.) I believe it's the one that farthest over to the right. (It has a little bend in its ledge, and that's the point I always aimed for.) Hope this helps.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995hoo View Post
    Select one of the four positions on the controller and hold that side down. Example: Let's say you have the Torch on the left and don't plan to use it for a while, so you want to put the Gas Mask there. Hold down the left side of the cross. The game will pop up a box asking what item you want to map to the left side of the controller. Use the cross portion to highlight that item and then hit "A" to select it. (Unlike other menus in Pitfall, you don't use the control stick to navigate this box for some reason.)
    Did the trick. Thanks so much!

Member #
    Friends
    I'm still stuck. When I swing on the rope to try and go to the right platform, no matter where I am on the rope or where I aim to swing, I can't reach. It is getting rather frustrating. Maybe I'm not doing something right, obviously, but I have had the most trouble here. Any other suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tinoson View Post
    I'm still stuck. When I swing on the rope to try and go to the right platform, no matter where I am on the rope or where I aim to swing, I can't reach. It is getting rather frustrating. Maybe I'm not doing something right, obviously, but I have had the most trouble here. Any other suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    I just responded to the PM you sent me. Detailed instructions in there. On the chance that someone else is having the same problem, I'll just say that you need to aim for the darker part of that platform.

Member #
    Friends
    I made it finally. Thanks

Member #
    Friends

Renegade Headquarters

We're stuck in the Renegade Headquarters...we got the gas mask and now can't find anywhere else to proceed. Can anyone help? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Ads