Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Car View Post
    Hey There;

I have been doing so well on my own, but I am stuck in the Turtle Monument. I stand on the button on the floor...how do I get it to stay down to smash the pot behind it? At one point I got stuck underneath the floor, and rolled right off the edge of the game into a pink abyss. :S
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Car
    Member #
    Friends
    Thanks 1955
    I found the "more important" thing in that room....but I just had to have whatever was in the shiny Urn. Now I can find out what it is!!
    When I go back to there, I will have to remember not to kill ALL the natives!

I am currently struggling with the time limit in the native fortress...my fingers just don't move that fast! LOL

This is showing my age, but I used to play pitfall as a kid on my Atari! I have to admit it's a lot harder in 3D!

Member #
    Friends
    Haha Car! You're not the only one. Once upon a time, I remember playing this on Atari as well. It took me two days to get out of the fortress. As daunting as it may seem ... it's all about coordination. I practiced getting from the left hand side tower to the right side tower, to the swinging vine for about 2 hours. Finally, I realized if you have killed all the natives and then swing ... ROLL under the gate ... it IS doable. I swear. lol

Right now, I'm stuck trying to kill the last Pusca battle. Oy! Whatta PITA!

Good luck!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Car View Post
    Thanks 1955
    I found the "more important" thing in that room....but I just had to have whatever was in the shiny Urn. Now I can find out what it is!!
    When I go back to there, I will have to remember not to kill ALL the natives!

I am currently struggling with the time limit in the native fortress...my fingers just don't move that fast! LOL

This is showing my age, but I used to play pitfall as a kid on my Atari! I have to admit it's a lot harder in 3D!
    I loved the old Atari Pitfall as well. That's why I got this one, because of all the good memories. I suppose it's not a spoiler to tell you that you have to play the original Atari Pitfall in this game in order to get one of the Idols!

The time limit you reference in the Renegade Fort was a massive nuisance the first time I went there. Took me an hour. The trick I found was not to waste time swinging back and forth on the first rope to gain speed. I face the rope before throwing the lever, then Heroic Dive to the rope, jump immediately on the first swing (I single-jump off it, then double-jump in mid-air) and then take it from there. Remember you can roll under the gate if needed.

If you're trying to collect all the Idols and Explorers (which you should), you'll have to repeat the Renegade Fort later. The Explorer in the next level can only be reached once you have TNT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by baja1000 View Post

Right now, I'm stuck trying to kill the last Pusca battle. Oy! Whatta PITA!

Good luck!
    I thought that was one of the easier battles. Remember that you can use all your Heroic Handbook abilities if needed; you can also hide somewhere and drink from your Canteen if you filled it at the Fire-Bombed Towers.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm stuck in the same general area. I'm back in the room at the Turtle Monument. I have the native standing on the button so that the green column stays down. I'd smashed the vase behind that column in a previous visit (by standing on the button and using aiming my sling at the vase). Now, even though I can walk up to the shiny idol, I can't take it from the explorer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!
    Tom

Member #
    Friends
    Nevermind - stupid error on my part!

Tom

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hobocamp11 View Post
    Nevermind - stupid error on my part!
    Always empty Harry's hands before trying to grab an Idol.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi I'm new to all this, love the game pitfall harry, bought it for my son & now I'm hooked!! any help on how to get tnt?? ice pick??? or what the heck your suppose to do in the native villiage?? do you have to pass all levels of the native games (tucco shoot) to move on-thanks for help

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lobo47 View Post
    Hi I'm new to all this, love the game pitfall harry, bought it for my son & now I'm hooked!! any help on how to get tnt?? ice pick??? or what the heck your suppose to do in the native villiage?? do you have to pass all levels of the native games (tucco shoot) to move on-thanks for help
    I'm assuming you must be at the Native Village for the second time (meaning you went there, saw the "Kill" video, then went and got the Princess to go back to the village, and then you entered the village). Based on that, I'll answer these in order:

(1) TNT—comes later in the game

(2) Pickaxes—ditto (these come way before the TNT does)

(3) When you enter the Native Village after luring the Princess home with the butterflies, you should be given the Shield. Use it to go through the "initiation" rites (sounds like you did this already).

(4) You need not win the Native Games before you move on, and indeed you CANNOT win them all yet, since three of them (Pickaxe Race, KABOOM!, and Raft Bowling) require equipment you don't have yet. You can play the games to which you already have access, though. Tuco Shoot requires the Super Sling to win the Hard level, and Whack-a-Tuco requires the Smash Strike. If you don't have these two items, you can play the levels that don't require them and then come back later. You get an Idol for each Native Game you win on the Hard level. So you should expect to come back to the Native Village in the future to finish these little diversions, even though the game will NOT prompt you to do so other than noting when you've "unlocked" a particular game. (Note that while the menus show "Native Games," you have to come back to the Native Village and bang the gong to play them. I suggest you learn the shortcuts back to that area for later in the game when you're down to the last few Idols and you need to play these games to finish.)

Once you get the Shield, the game should show you one of those animations where Harry looks at the map and talks about where to go next. You want to go back through the Butterfly Glade to the Renegade Fort. Be prepared for MEGA-frustration when you get there once you figure out how to move on to the next level!!!! (and to help you out, the next level is not the Flooded Cave.)

Ads