LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Copacanti Lake

Thank You. I will try the sling and look for the lever.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kamel View Post
    Thank You. I will try the sling and look for the lever.
    You need to throw the lever before using the Sling. I'm playing the game a second time and went through there earlier today and had forgotten about the lever until I got there.

Member #
    Friends
    YW =)

I'm 92% done with the game. I'm in the Flooded Courtyard and need to get back to the Jungle Trail but I must have taken one too many knocks with the TNT back @ St. Claire's camp. Will someone please point me in the right direction. You can't get back thru the Monkey Temple or Twin Outposts and I've tried super dive and heroic feet to "try" and get past the lava rocks @ Flooded Courtyard but am having no luck. How did you get back to Jungle Trail?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by baja1000 View Post
    YW =)

I'm 92% done with the game. I'm in the Flooded Courtyard and need to get back to the Jungle Trail but I must have taken one too many knocks with the TNT back @ St. Claire's camp. Will someone please point me in the right direction. You can't get back thru the Monkey Temple or Twin Outposts and I've tried super dive and heroic feet to "try" and get past the lava rocks @ Flooded Courtyard but am having no luck. How did you get back to Jungle Trail?
    The first time I was at that point I didn't go back to Jungle Trail—I went via Twin Outposts to go play the Native Games some more to try to get the last few Idols, and then from there I went off to the Renegade Fort and through the Flooded Cave to Bittenbinder's Camp because I still needed the Idol at the Battered Bridge.

Later I went back to finish some more Native Games, but ultimately I never did finish all of them, and when I finally said "Enough is enough" I went to finish the game via the Flooded Courtyard. You need to Heroic Dash to the brick area (where you first got that ability), then Heroic Dash to the wall and Rising Strike up. You can't stop before doing the Rising Strike, however. Just race across the lava and then Rising Strike up to the walkway.

Member #
    Friends
    I was afraid you were going to say that. I've had to go back to the healing water a bunch of times b/c I always get "coal-ed" feet from the lava. *sigh* Thank you for answering. I've also gone back to play the games. heh I wish they had a sled run game.

I can't believe you're playing this a second time. I'm determined ... and struggling to finish this the first time!

Thanks again.

Member #
    Friends
    I was afraid you were going to say that. I've had to go back to the healing water a bunch of times b/c I always get "coal-ed" feet from the lava. *sigh* Thank you for answering. I've also gone back to play the games. heh I wish they had a sled run game.

Aside from the Native Games, I also wanted to retrieve the Shaman at Butterfly Glade (requires Gas Mask) and the Explorer at the Renegade Headquarters (requires TNT....if I could find the stupid git who designed it so that you have to go in there twice I will smack him silly because it's such a nuisance to get through the Renegade Fort!).

One possible alternative for you would be to use the teleporters to get back to the mountains, then raft to Jungle Canyon, then work your way across to the Fire-Bombed Towers via that route. You can access the Jungle Teleport by blowing up a particular wall at the Turtle Monument.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995hoo View Post
    Aside from the Native Games, I also wanted to retrieve the Shaman at Butterfly Glade (requires Gas Mask) and the Explorer at the Renegade Headquarters (requires TNT....if I could find the stupid git who designed it so that you have to go in there twice I will smack him silly because it's such a nuisance to get through the Renegade Fort!).

One possible alternative for you would be to use the teleporters to get back to the mountains, then raft to Jungle Canyon, then work your way across to the Fire-Bombed Towers via that route. You can access the Jungle Teleport by blowing up a particular wall at the Turtle Monument.
    Here's another notion. I was just playing the Native Games again and became fed up with the hard-level Pickaxe Race (I've won the other four), so I decided to go retrieve the Idol and Explorer from the Fire-Bombed Towers and then go back to the Pickaxe Race. Just for the heck of it, I decided to go around through the mountains using the teleporters. All three teleporters are one-way, but that's no big deal because you just go hop on the other disc if you want to go somewhere else.

So I went like this: Native Village ---> Turtle Monument ---> Jungle Teleport ---> Cavern Teleport ---> Mountain Teleport ---> White Valley ---> Penguin Den ---> Ladder of Miles ---> Mama-Oullo Tower ---> Fire-Bombed Towers.

This route worked rather nicely because it avoided the nuisance of that huge cluster of howler monkeys on the Jungle Trail (sure, you can just blow them all up with TNT, but it's still a nuisance). The Breakdance Strike works REALLY well against the penguins, as does TNT. This route was faster than it sounds because the teleporters don't take much time to use.

After I got the Idol and Explorer I went back to the Native Village: Fire-Bombed Towers ---> Mama-Oullo Tower ---> Ladder of Miles ---> Penguin Den ---> White Valley ---> Mountain Teleport ---> Jungle Teleport ---> Turtle Monument ---> Native Village

(Yesterday after visiting the Mysterious Temple I had decided to go play the Native Games before going to St. Claire's Camp, so for that part I went from Bittenbinder's Camp ---> Flooded Cave ---> Renegade Fort ---> Butterfly Glade ---> Turtle Monument ---> Native Village.)

Member #
    Friends

I can't believe you're playing this a second time. I'm determined ... and struggling to finish this the first time!

I just finished the game, and this time I got all the Idols, all the Explorers, all the Shamans....after finishing, I went to the Punchau Shrine to use the "gift" the Shaman gives you when you make the final purchase. The gift is
    Spoiler Alert!

It took me a tad under 14 hours of gameplay to finish the game the second time through; the first time, it took around 32 hours.

Best news: It said
    Spoiler Alert!
    after the ending video concluded (but before I went back to Punchau Shrine).
    Last edited by 1995hoo; 02-10-2009 at 07:40 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Ha! Me too. I remember this game in the "good old days". I've reached the final Pusca battle but have been trying for two days to knock those infernal pillars into the minions and the floating Pusca. I've realized now that if you utilize your Pickaxe spin ... that you're virtually indestructible however, when going into the final battle I try to strategize too much.

I do believe I'm getting a blister on my right thumb from trying to heroic dash everywhere. LOL

Member #
    Friends
    Ha! Me too. I remember this game in the "good old days". I've reached the final Pusca battle but have been trying for two days to knock those infernal pillars into the minions and the floating Pusca. I've realized now that if you utilize your Pickaxe spin ... that you're virtually indestructible however, when going into the final battle I try to strategize too much.

I do believe I'm getting a blister on my right thumb from trying to heroic dash everywhere. LOL
    The Breakdance Strike (if you bought it) also makes you virtually invincible, but if you do it for too long Harry becomes dizzy.

Ads