LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64
  1. #41
    PM for Wii Register :) laserbeak4's Avatar
    Member #
    50227
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    147
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3005-8327-7498-3414
    i would have been satisfied with the ability to hold more than 2gb data alone.

  2. Ads


  3. #42
    WiiChat Member golfisfun's Avatar
    Member #
    57457
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    100
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i would too.

  4. #43
    WiiChat Member HankB's Avatar
    Member #
    55503
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    50
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    Back on topic: I think if Nintendo's next console used High Capacity SD cards (which I believe go up to almost 30 gigs), that would be fine. Just pack in a 10-15 GB SD card with every Wii2 and I believe most gamers will be satisfied.
    SDHC is specified to go to 32 GB and can be implemented by modifying the drivers.

    If Nintendo modifies the drivers to allow game play directly from the SD card, it would surprise me if they didn't also roll in the changes to support SDHC.

    The other opportunity for extra storage is USB, But since they're already using SD for storage, it might be easier to upgrade that to SDHC than to add support for external USB devices which come in a wide variety of configurations (flash and hard drives of various sizes.)

  5. #44
    I am Casual Caliko's Avatar
    Member #
    47263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    433
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by HankB View Post
    SDHC is specified to go to 32 GB and can be implemented by modifying the drivers.

    If Nintendo modifies the drivers to allow game play directly from the SD card, it would surprise me if they didn't also roll in the changes to support SDHC.

    The other opportunity for extra storage is USB, But since they're already using SD for storage, it might be easier to upgrade that to SDHC than to add support for external USB devices which come in a wide variety of configurations (flash and hard drives of various sizes.)
    I just don't see why Wii needs 32GB. I guess eventually it will huh?
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

    EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

    As it stands today:

    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

    Wii Fit: 35 Million

  6. #45
    WiiChat Member HankB's Avatar
    Member #
    55503
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    50
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    I just don't see why Wii needs 32GB. I guess eventually it will huh?
    It probably doesn't. That just means that SDHC would provide sufficient storage for the foreseeable future and could meet the need until the next generation arrives.

    I don't know what would drive the need for more storage. My experience with IT is that the data expands to fill the space available.

    In my particular case, I think that DLC and add-ons for GH:WT and RB2 could meet that need. I could see a track pack that would load to SD and then be available when you load the game.

  7. #46
    WiiChat Member jlspec's Avatar
    Member #
    4012
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    308
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    Having more storage would allow developers to add updated features to Wii games or patchs. Currently the wii storage is too small so developers leave that part out of the development. That meaning once a game is release there will never be a patch as the game was never design for it from the start. A larger storage would also mean larger and better Wiiware games.

  8. #47
    PM for Wii Register :) laserbeak4's Avatar
    Member #
    50227
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    147
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3005-8327-7498-3414
    Quote Originally Posted by jlspec View Post
    Having more storage would allow developers to add updated features to Wii games or patchs. Currently the wii storage is too small so developers leave that part out of the development. That meaning once a game is release there will never be a patch as the game was never design for it from the start. A larger storage would also mean larger and better Wiiware games.
    Yeah, Like the wii version of CoD:WaW not having the map downloads

  9. #48
    PM for Wii Register :) laserbeak4's Avatar
    Member #
    50227
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    147
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3005-8327-7498-3414
    still waitiiiiiiiiiing......

  10. #49
    Akatsuki Assassin Dzapper's Avatar
    Member #
    33321
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Morehouse College
    Posts
    723
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    I think they should allow gamers to hook up an external hard drive to the Wii through USB. Nintendo can begin to sell a 20-40 GB hard drive and in the end make more money. This is the best option for them. SDHC is a decent option, but I think a hard drive hook up would be better.


    Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

  11. #50
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Nintendo never said March, just "Spring" which hasn't actually started yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

red wii storage

,
wii storage in red
Click on a term to search for related topics.