LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post
    Have you tryed Capcom vs SNK 2 on the game cube ?
    That pad isnt made for fighting games
    Heck the only controller that was made for them was the mark 2 Saturn pad
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom seems to be a bit pointless as theres a handfull of cahricters that most know and the rest are unknowns exept the ones on capcoms side
    To be honest I never was a big fan of the NGC controller. My favorite SF adaptations were on the SNES and 3D0; so using the Classic controller would be ideal.

I'd like Tatsunoko vs Capcom just to be able to play as Ken/Mark/Ace from Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force. Any Marvel vs Capcom type game would be cool too though and they'd still interest me more than SF4 has so far.

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    To be honest I never was a big fan of the NGC controller. My favorite SF adaptations were on the SNES and 3D0; so using the Classic controller would be ideal.
    Bonus point for the mention of the 3DO version (even tho it did need the six button controller to play it properly)
    (Still prefer the Saturn pad for fighting games I preorderd the new Fighting pad for my 360 on the sole reason that its bassed off the Saturn mark2 pad)

I'd like Tatsunoko vs Capcom just to be able to play as Ken/Mark/Ace from Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force. Any Marvel vs Capcom type game would be cool too though and they'd still interest me more than SF4 has so far.
    Street fighter four has a Street fighter EX style taste to it (Dear Lemmy I hope Akumas warp dosent do the same thing it did on that)
    But im looking forward to the new King of the fighters
    (MAKE A GAROU 2 DAMN IT)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Controls wouldn't be an issue because you would play it with a Classic or Gamecube controller, I mean how many people actually play SSBB with a Wiimote and nunchuck? Probably not many.
    Let me put it in a simpler way.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/828/828947p2.html
    But now that we've reiterated how the mechanics work, which are identical to the PS2 version, we can finally address the most problematic element of Accent Core for the Wii: the controls. Right off the bat, we should mention that there's no pointer support - it's all button-presses and motion controls. As for the controller setup itself, you have a couple options, and fortunately they're very easy to switch around. The default option, and the greatest damage-dealer to the game, is using a Wii Remote and Nunchuck (the Nunchuck is required in this case). If you have a Classic Controller, you can plug that in instead, or you can just snag an old GameCube Controller and use that. The best thing about these varying options is that they just sort of work, on the fly: in the middle of a match, we cycled through all three without having to change any settings, so that's good. As long as things are synced up properly, you'll be ready to play with whatever scheme appeals to you.

So let's talk about your best options first. The Classic Controller has about the same functionality as a PS2 Controller; it just feels a bit different in your hands (of course). Using this option, you have complete and perfect control over your character, but you may want to have a glove or long shirt handy, because the D-Pad will destroy your thumb (as does the PS2 pad) if you don't cushion it. Guilty Gear demands a lot of movement input, and you'll be working that D-Pad like your life depended on it. Besides this minor inconvenience, the Classic Controller is how Guilty Gear is traditionally played on consoles, and it's great.

The GameCube Controller's D-Pad is actually defaulted to "off," so take note of that if you start panicking when your fighter doesn't move. Once you've adjusted that minor setting (the joystick just doesn't cut it), the controller works just fine, and although the button layout is a little strange for the game, it's a much better option than the default.

But using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck is terrible. Accent Core is a member of a long line of extremely fast 2D fighters, and you don't use motion controls for those types of games. It just doesn't work. The only way to get around it is to use the buttons instead, which means that you use the joystick to move (which is tragically inaccurate, especially when dashing) and the Wii Remote's D-Pad for inputting attacks. Left, down, up and right are punch, kick, slash and heavy slash, respectively. No. This will not work either. It's uncomfortable and clumsy, and it ruins the game.

On the other hand, using the motion controls is almost worse, because it not only throws the accuracy of your interface completely out the window, but it starts damaging the actual fighting mechanics, too. For example, swinging the Wii Remote lightly will execute a slash attack, while swinging it fiercely will do a heavy slash (how are we to execute advanced combos like that?). And to do Special Moves, you hold down either C or Z and swing the Wii Remote or the Nunchuck. That's it. The techniques that should take time and skill can be accomplished by waving your hands.

What's worse: pulling off an Overdrive, some of the most powerful attacks in the game, can be done by holding down C and Z and then swinging. This terrible dynamic requires absolutely no skill or timing, and ruins the Overdrive techniques. As you can plainly see, using the default setup really hurts this title, and that's a shame.
    Everything about the game but the controls were well received. Keep in mind that buying a Classic Controller makes the game a $70 dollar game, not a $50 game.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/856/856580p2.html
    Nintendo has allowed the option to control the game in whatever fashion you choose, be it with the Wii remote, Wii remote and nunchuk, classic controller, GameCube pad, or even the Wave Bird. (It must be noted that Brawl is not well-suited to a standalone Wii remote; it plays much better with an old-school pad.) Just plug in and the title will immediately and very intuitively recognize your preference; you can even play against friends, all armed with different controllers. And if that weren't all enough, you can fully customize the control configurations for every pad. It's an incredibly flexible system sure to accommodate even the most discerning and finicky players. How could it not? You can play exactly how you want to without many restrictions.
    Notice how the controls were not an issue. This meant the game was already placed and ready to be played.

Member #
    Friends
    5159-5014-1077-8762
    I have a Hori joystick for Wii.
    That's what I use to play Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and would obviously do the same for SF4.
    I know a few people who are more fond of using normal controllers over arcade sticks to play fighting games anyway, so I can see a lot of people just using GC/Classic controllers with customized controls.
    COD:W@W Friend Code: 4597-3720-9990
    Name: skeetskeet

SSBB Friend Code: 1934-0353-2601

NiGHTS Friend Code: 2792-9439-8608

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    For those saying turn the Wiimote sideways.....are you forgetting the Gamecube controller and the Classic controller?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats all they would need to do......allow for those control options and Wii are set....C'mon guys I thought you where real Wii owners......turning the Wiimote sideways is wack for Street Fighter!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    If its made for Wii though, why use a GameCube controller or Classic controller. Either use what it came with or don't make it for Wii, because it'd work better on various platforms.

I know most people used their GameCube controller for Brawl but bringing this game on Wii and not using the remote and or nunchuck seems pointless to me.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii View Post
    If its made for Wii though, why use a GameCube controller or Classic controller. Either use what it came with or don't make it for Wii, because it'd work better on various platforms.

I know most people used their GameCube controller for Brawl but bringing this game on Wii and not using the remote and or nunchuck seems pointless to me.

Ahhhhhhh you sound like a noob

You dont get it......The Wii has options.....for a fighting game the GC controller or the Classic controller is recommendable......this isnt some first person shooter where the Wiimote would be ideal.....and also the more Wii games the better.....the Wii cant thrive on exclusive titles alone....the Gamecube did that and well you probably didnt get a Gamecube now did you!!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty1 View Post
    and also the more Wii games the better.....the Wii cant thrive on exclusive titles alone.
    Dont say that
    The Wii gets enough shite as it is

Atari on the other hand .........

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty1 View Post
    Ahhhhhhh you sound like a noob

You dont get it......The Wii has options.....for a fighting game the GC controller or the Classic controller is recommendable......this isnt some first person shooter where the Wiimote would be ideal.....and also the more Wii games the better.....the Wii cant thrive on exclusive titles alone....the Gamecube did that and well you probably didnt get a Gamecube now did you!!
    I actually own a GameCube and own/have played various amounts of GC games.

Anyways, the Wii has options? Sure, but the 360 say doesn't. However FPS and Fighting games work well on the controller, catch my drift? You don't need a bunch of controllers for different games, one controller should suit all. That's why many wish for Nintendo to go back to normal controllers for their next console.

Who's sounds like a noob now?

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    I will totally buy SF4 if it does eventually release on the Wii. As for controls, there could be multiple selectable options, a'la SSBB. If there are no plans for the Wii soon, though, I'll probably just buy it for PC.

Ads