Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Can Wii get Street Fighter 4 please

A talk with Street Fighter producer

1UP: There's been some talk from Capcom -- I can't remember if it was you or someone else who said this -- that if there's enough demand for it, a Wii version of Street Fighter 4 could be possible. So where are you with things now? How would you view a Street Fighter game on the Wii -- would you keep it as "Street Fighter 4" or do some sort of "Street Fighter Kids"?

YO: Yeah, it's definitely true that we've had a lot of requests for a port for the Wii. And it's definitely doable. We just don't have any plans for it yet, that's all. If we feel strongly enough that it would sell, I'd imagine we'd do it. But it definitely would be Street Fighter 4 -- not some dumbed down version.

1UP: So is there really any question within Capcom that a Wii version would sell?

YO: Going back to my philosophy for Street Fighter, the game is essentially a tool, not just a unique piece of entertainment. I think of it like chess -- that game can be played anywhere. As long as people want to play Street Fighter 4, it could be on anything -- even this iPhone, for that matter [Points to the iPhone on the table]. It really could be on any platform that could support it. So let's just see what happens.

Can Wii get this please

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty1 View Post
    As long as people want to play Street Fighter 4, it could be on anything -- even this iPhone, for that matter [Points to the iPhone on the table]. It really could be on any platform that could support it. So let's just see what happens.
    Can Wii get this please
    It couldn't be on the Atari 2600
    (Believe me ive played Street fighter 2 on the Amiga with one button controls and it wasnt a pleasant experience)
    If people want to play it that much they will just get the 360/PS3/PC version (or get the console to play it on)

Just get a PS3/360/PC and play it arcade perfect (with more stuff) rather than play a down graded version

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post
    It couldn't be on the Atari 2600
    (Believe me ive played Street fighter 2 on the Amiga with one button controls and it wasnt a pleasant experience)
    If people want to play it that much they will just get the 360/PS3/PC version (or get the console to play it on)

Just get a PS3/360/PC and play it arcade perfect (with more stuff) rather than play a down graded version
    first of all ps3 is a waste of money, I had one i should know. The only game worth playing on ps3 is mgs4 which was excellent. How can you water down a fighting game? Really, all you do is fight. The wii can handle street fighter 4. all you have to do is turn the wii mote sideways or use classic controller. and 360 breaks down alot. I rather play street fighter 4 for free online then waste money for xbox live!

Member #
    Friends
    considering how well street fighter 2 did on snes it would be do very well on the wii. plus the success of ssbb shows that people love fighting games.

The Conduit - 5327-8743-2704
    ssbb - 2535-7739-8758
    mario kart wii - 3867-1976-3744
    Mario Strikers - 395320-046916
    CoD: WaW: 326602241159
    mertroid ds - 3609-5846-2731
    PM me to exchange codes

Wii: WaW, ssbb, mario kart, mario galaxy, wii fit, sports, ddr2, rock band 1, monkey ball, RE4, links crossbow, house of dead 2+3, mario strikers, punch out, the conduit

DS: Mortal Kombat, metroid, brain age 2, new smb, contra 4, trauma center 2

xbox 360 - SF4, halo 3 (gamertag: njsurfing)

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by wiipsycho View Post
    How can you water down a fighting game? Really, all you do is fight. The wii can handle street fighter 4. all you have to do is turn the wii mote sideways or use classic controller. and 360 breaks down alot. I rather play street fighter 4 for free online then waste money for xbox live!
    Turning the wiimote side ways

Strange
    Ive had my 360 for well over a year and its yet to break down as is my mates (hes had his since launch)

Nintendo dont know what there doing with online games where as the 360 has one of the best services (mines not online) but that mentioned mate plays his online all the time
    (I do agree about the lack of PS3 exclusive games tho)
    There have been talk about the Wii not being able to handle the detail
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbull View Post
    considering how well street fighter 2 did on snes it would be do very well on the wii. plus the success of ssbb shows that people love fighting games.
    Street fighter 2 sold well on most formats that didnt mean it was a good conversion
    Spectrum version anyone ?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Wii Version would be cool, but I'd just play it on the 360 come November.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbull View Post
    plus the success of ssbb shows that people love fighting games.
    I don't think so. While super smash bros. is a fighting game, there is nothing like it in the genre. When you say "the success of ssbb shows that people love fighting games”, I assume you refer to wii users and not people in general. There are people who hate Brawl.

Features of Super Smash Bros. Series
    -Platforming is an important issue in the series. Completely unique to other fighting games.
    -Winning depends completely on knocking people off a stage/platform.
    -No Auto-facing
    -No rounds (Uses lives or a ring out for scoring).
    -Unlimited Health
    -No directional control input (always the same universally)

Features of most fighting games
    -No platforms
    -Winning depends on depleting the enemy's health
    -Auto facing
    -Game is divided into rounds
    -Limited Health
    -Control input is based on direction.

Besides that, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a form of fan service. It is only meant for those who are fans of Nintendo. Some people just play to their favorite Nintendo characters beat the crap out of each other.

Also, just because it is a fighter doesn't mean people like it when they buy fighters. Generally speaking, I hate 3D plane fighting games compared to the 2D plane fighting games. The only 3D fighters I ever liked is Soul Calibur 2 for the gamecube (I only liked it because it had Link), Power Stone and Power Stone 2. I hate games like Dead or Alive, Tekken, Virtua Fighter and of such. In fact I own the original Soul Calibur game for the Dreamcast and hate it. Yet it is considered one the best games of all time.

Besides, the controls wouldn't work to well on the wii. Street Fighter is played using 10 buttons; up, down, right, left, light punch, medium punch, heavy punch, light kick, medium kick and heavy kick. To properly play Street fighter, you would need an arcade stick, a classic controller or gamecube controller. The best input I can come up with is the analog stick for a D-input, waggle the nunchuck for kicks, waggle the Wii Remote for punches and the buttons A, B, C and Z will be used as modifiers. Another modification could be made such as A to LP, B to LK, C to MP, Z to MK, A+C to to HP and B+Z to make a HK. It just wouldn't correctly.

Power Stone 3 would be better for the Wii. A to punch, B to kick, C to jump, Z to grab, the analog stick to move around, the D pad to use final attacks while in power drive. In addition, it would work perfectly with the Classic Controller and the Gamecube controller. In addition, Power Stone 3 would be better geared to Wii users as opposed to Street Fighter 4. The game should include an Arcade mode, Adventure mode, Party mode. Versus mode. The whole cast of characters are pretty strange and unique. Maybe they could add some exclusive characters such as Mario or Link. The game would be awesome.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post
    Besides, the controls wouldn't work to well on the wii. Street Fighter is played using 10 buttons; up, down, right, left, light punch, medium punch, heavy punch, light kick, medium kick and heavy kick. To properly play Street fighter, you would need an arcade stick, a classic controller or gamecube controller. The best input I can come up with is the analog stick for a D-input, waggle the nunchuck for kicks, waggle the Wii Remote for punches and the buttons A, B, C and Z will be used as modifiers. Another modification could be made such as A to LP, B to LK, C to MP, Z to MK, A+C to to HP and B+Z to make a HK. It just wouldn't correctly.
    Controls wouldn't be an issue because you would play it with a Classic or Gamecube controller, I mean how many people actually play SSBB with a Wiimote and nunchuck? Probably not many.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom seems to work fine on the Wii, in fact I'd rather that got a US release over SF4.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Controls wouldn't be an issue because you would play it with a Classic or Gamecube controller, I mean how many people actually play SSBB with a Wiimote and nunchuck? Probably not many.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom seems to work fine on the Wii, in fact I'd rather that got a US release over SF4.
    Have you tryed Capcom vs SNK 2 on the game cube ?
    That pad isnt made for fighting games
    Heck the only controller that was made for them was the mark 2 Saturn pad
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom seems to be a bit pointless as theres a handfull of cahricters that most know and the rest are unknowns exept the ones on capcoms side
    Id rather see Marvel vs Capcom 3 or better yet Capcom vs SNK 3 (with out those stupidly powerful bossies)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post
    Power Stone 3 would be better for the Wii.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Anything is possible...

all you have to do is just turn the wiimote sideways!
    Last edited by Sovieto; 02-05-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads