LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Appreciate all the info, 1337 and everyone else. Going to pick up TW '09 tomorrow and check it out. If I can get the wife off the fit board. New toys, ya know...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    i play the 9hole game on sports all the time. it takes like 40min to finish with 3 players. what more do you want.
    Wii Games: Mario Glaxay 1&2, Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, wii sports, wii play, Wii Party, Force Unleashed 1, Godzilla Unleashed, indiana jones:SoK Wii, Metriod:Trilogy, TMNT:Smash-Up, CoD:Reflex&black ops,NSMBwii, Link's zapper training,goldeneye,tomb raider anniversary,metroid otherM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FloYdian View Post
    i play the 9hole game on sports all the time. it takes like 40min to finish with 3 players. what more do you want.
    It's a great game, that's why I was looking for something like it with more holes/courses. The wife and I go through 9 holes with 2 players in about 10-15 minutes, so it's pretty quick. If you want more, you do the same 9 again in another 10-15 minutes. After that it gets a little boring, so we wait a day or two to play it again. With 18 holes on multiple courses it would be a little more interesting/challenging.

The problem is that we know exactly where to hit on those 9 holes, so it's not hard to birdie most of them most of the time, and sometimes eagle the par 5's. It was harder at first while we were getting the putting down with the controllers, but after that it got pretty consistent. The final par 5 is the only one that I usually play all 5 shots on, because I hop the islands.

Anyway, the Sports version is a good one and nothing wrong with it, just looking for something with more variety. I ordered TW '09 from Amazon yesterday...

Member #
    Friends
    Well, Tiger Woods '09 arrived the other day. We've played it quite a bit to give it a fair shake, but it's just too frustrating. Whether in Standard or Advanced swing mode the drives and long shots are relatively accurate, but the approach shots and putts kill the whole experience. There seems to be absolutely no consistency. And yes, we know how to adjust the landing area, check swing percentages, read the power level on the meter when putting, read the greens for break/declination/inclination, and that the power percentages can change. There still seems to be no consistency that we can see.

We also play real golf, and have a 'fair' feel for consistent swing speed and follow through, so when we swing the same swing and get 108% one time and 78% the next time it does get frustrating. Putt speed is all over the place. In comparison, the Wii Sports Golf game seems to be much more consistent with swing speeds.

The graphics are okay, the animations are pretty good, the commentators are just annoying, but we've been playing computer golf games since the late 80's and this is the first time we've finally got so frustrated we just gave up.

We haven't tried the mini-games yet, so they may be fun enough to get the DVD out of the case once in a while, but not for the golf.

Not looking to upset anyone who likes it, apparently there are a lot of people that do. Just not a game that I'd recommend to anyone. Had a couple golfing buddies who also play computer golf over to check it out, and the general consensus was that bowling was more fun.

Anyway, since I'd posted the original question I just thought I'd leave a followup. Thanks again to everyone who replied...
    "I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place, and kill him." ~ Mark Twain

Member #
    Friends
    4912-6833-6404-0210
    dude. go for we love golf. it has WIFI play and is cartoony and fun just like wii sports. i know how you feel. me and my dad loved wii sports golf and decided to get tiger 08 a while back because we wanted more golf. it sucked! youd swing one time and get 100% and then youd swing just as hard the next time and get 65%. we haven't played it for at least a few months. we love golf is for more of a casual gamer which I picture you to be. dont just jump right in and buy it. watch youtube vids of its gameplay. ask around about it but it seems like a game you would like. hope i helped.
    Wii Friend Code:
    4912-6833-6404-0210

Mario Kart Friend Code:
    3308-9602-6504
    PM me to race.

Click here to level up my license!

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks, YoungBalla, I'll check it out. We like to be semi-serious on the vid golf, but we like to have fun with it too. We Love Golf might be it. Appreciate the heads up...
    "I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place, and kill him." ~ Mark Twain

Member #
    Friends
    4912-6833-6404-0210
    by the way. when "hardcore gamers" who take everything way to literally and dont understand the purpose of playing a video game just because its fun look at this. they will be like nooo that game sucks because its directed towards people who wont take it too seriously. but still. refer to my above post and research it. youll prob like it :]
    Wii Friend Code:
    4912-6833-6404-0210

Mario Kart Friend Code:
    3308-9602-6504
    PM me to race.

Click here to level up my license!

Member #
    Friends
    I'm bringing this thread back since Sports Resort is out now... I was expecting a little bit more but it's nice to have a full 18 hole course now (although half of the holes are identical to the original wii sports).

But with the WMP it makes putting and the overall experience much better - I would love if they would make this a stand alone golf game with multiple 18 hole courses.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks, kaptain. I've seen it advertised, but didn't realize it had an 18 hole course with it. Off to Amazon...

Member #
    Friends
    I would love if they would make this a stand alone golf game with multiple 18 hole courses.

Ads