LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Band geek View Post
    The Godfather: Blackhand Edition. I got mine nearly a year ago, new, for $30. You might be able to find a better price now.
    Excellent suggestion. The Godfather has well thought out controls and offers 40+ hours gameplay.

Other good games that can be found cheap are:
    RE:4 (survival horror/action).
    Okami (awesome adventure).
    Zack & Wiki (point n click puzzler).
    Blastworks (shoot em up + construction).
    Geometry Wars (shoot em up).

The Godfather and Okami are fantastic games but any of those that i've listed are decent and can be found very cheaply if you shop around (as little as $10 in some cases). There's often good deals on used games too, I bought my son Manhunt 2 ($15) and Red Steel ($5) for Christmas; even though they are not the greatest games they are ok for that price.

Member #
    Friends
    Look on amazon for used games. I just picked up mario strikers for $25 and Call of duty world at war for $30 in like new condition.

here are the games i see as having the best replay value that i own:

call of duty - the multiplayer is awesome
    mario strikers - fun game with friends
    smash bros - fun with friends
    mario kart - the online is awesome

as you mentioned, if you want more one player, not online games, go with mario and zelda. you wont beat those in one sitting/weekend and if you do you are spending way toooooo much time in front of the TV

also, save up for the conduit as others have pointed out. its going to be the best FPS for the wii hands down. thus far from what i have seen it looks like a cross between halo and perfect dark (n64)

The Conduit - 5327-8743-2704
    ssbb - 2535-7739-8758
    mario kart wii - 3867-1976-3744
    Mario Strikers - 395320-046916
    CoD: WaW: 326602241159
    mertroid ds - 3609-5846-2731
    PM me to exchange codes

Wii: WaW, ssbb, mario kart, mario galaxy, wii fit, sports, ddr2, rock band 1, monkey ball, RE4, links crossbow, house of dead 2+3, mario strikers, punch out, the conduit

DS: Mortal Kombat, metroid, brain age 2, new smb, contra 4, trauma center 2

xbox 360 - SF4, halo 3 (gamertag: njsurfing)

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    I've also heard that World of Goo (Wiiware) is an excellent game, and goes for 1500 Wii Points ($15)...

Member #
    Friends
    Resident Evil 4 is $20 new, highly reccomended. Bully: Scholarship Edition is around $30 new.

RedSteel is supposidly pretty decent. $20 new.

Medal of Honor 2 Heroes is around $30 new and has great online.

Member #
    Friends
    avoid SSX blur. its a pain. aim for shaun white boarding insead. even though it costs more.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    Woh, ton of replies haha. I'll definitely look into all these suggestions. Thanks everyone.

Also something I should of noted, I dont have wireless internet, so in order to get any wiiware I need to buy an adapter first. I'll prob get to it eventually but for now I just want somethin to play.

And rukus, How is SSX Blur a pain exactly? I really liked SSX Tricky and SSX3, knowing that is it still a pain?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNghtRJ View Post
    Woh, ton of replies haha. I'll definitely look into all these suggestions. Thanks everyone.

Also something I should of noted, I dont have wireless internet, so in order to get any wiiware I need to buy an adapter first. I'll prob get to it eventually but for now I just want somethin to play.

And rukus, How is SSX Blur a pain exactly? I really liked SSX Tricky and SSX3, knowing that is it still a pain?
    You have to have some experience w/ the wii controls. There's a bit of a learning curve for the tricks execution, but once you get the hang of it, it'll be fun.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah I heard about the learning curve. But aside from that some say its the best in the series.

Member #
    Friends
    5313-4870-2774-2717
    If you go to a Circuit City, their closing out sale has AMAZING offers. I bought RB2 for only 30 BUCKS!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    with blur you have to make motion 'images' to get the special moves. they are very inconsitent and awkward. totally detract from an otherwise great game.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Ads