Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Resident Evil 5

Hi I'm new to the forums and just had a quick question for everyone!

I was just curious if there was any solid evidence that RE5 was for sure NOT coming to the Wii. Honestly this is the game that is going to make or break my decision to buy a Wii.

My interest in my 360 has fallen off and I have been pondering selling it to get a Wii. However, I have all of the RE games for the GC and plan on playing the rest that come out forever. This would prove difficult if the game does not come out on a console that I own.

Any information is appreciated!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    There isn't evidence pointing to it coming or not coming to the Wii. It seems the opinions sway daily as new reports break, some saying it is coming (but later) or its not at all.

I'm hoping once the 360 version is released Capcom lets us know what their motives are.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    I would have minded before I got a 360 but now I have one I don't mind if it does or not. I think it will come out in the same way that RE4 came on the wii.

Member #
    Friends
    the producers said RE5 was too graphically superior to the Wii's capabilities......so dont hold your breath

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by twenty1 View Post
    the producers said RE5 was too graphically superior to the Wii's capabilities......so dont hold your breath
    so is cod5, but that just means they have to dumb down the graphics. the question now is wether or not the devs are willling to do so.

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    What twenty1 said is basically true. It's apparent from merely looking at the level of scale and technology used the parts of the game that are shown in trailers to see that porting the entire thing on the Wii is simply not a feasible thing to do. I would imagine that too many things would have to be compromised.

I could see there being a Wii version, though. Just a different (spin-off/side-story?) version of RE5 made for the Wii's capabilities. Especially when RE4 worked so well when ported to Wii.
    Last edited by Bio; 02-18-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    What twenty1 said is basically true. It's apparent from merely looking at the level of scale and technology used the parts of the game that are shown in trailers to see that porting the entire thing on the Wii is simply not a feasible thing to do. I would imagine that too many things would have to be compromised.

I could see there being a Wii version, though. Just a different (spin-off/side-story?) version of RE5 made for the Wii's capabilities. Especially when RE4 worked so well when ported to Wii.
    Actually you'd be surprised how much weight HD holds. So besides HD they wouldn't have to compromise much. For example if RE4 had HD it would be impossible to fit on a Wii disc.

But personally I wouldn't want RE5 on Wii. I would like them to build a game from the ground up for the Wii. An all original take. They did it for Gamecube now let's see an all original take for Wii.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post

Similar to the Dead Space treatment I guess eh? Although what bugs me is that RE4 despite being out for so long on different platforms still sold well and so too did Umbrella Chronicles. RE5 would fit nicely on Wii, in as much as a true form as possible.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    I would like them to build a game from the ground up for the Wii.
    But why wasn't that the case for RE5? Is it just for the graphics that it didn't come to the Wii or did Capcom not want to work with Nintendo on this one? Either way it sucks and I really wish this whole only on one system thing would drop off a little.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Really one game shouldn't keep you from buying a console. The Wii has a good line-up of M rated games this year such as Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill.

Ads