LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Good thing I purchased a PS3 after having just a Wii for two years. I could purchase Dead Space PS3 used when it's down to $20, then pick up Dead Space Wii used for $20 and I would have the best of both worlds and wouldn't be so mad if they sucked because I got them both for $40 total. 3rd party are not going to make AAA titles for the Wii unless it's proven that it could sell on the Wii. Sega is the only one who's got balls to publish AAA hardcore titles. When it's proven that AAA titles can sell well on the Wii after maybe Madworld or Conduit then it'll take the other developers another 2-3 years to develop a serious AAA game.
    Last edited by bruceleroy; 02-18-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    While I was expecting (and looking forward to) a new third person adventure.

I'm not really disappointed that it's an on-rails shooter. I loved RE:UC and House of the Dead Overkill.

Hopefully it won't become a trend though. I feel the Wii would do well in third person shooters, as Resi Evil 4 has proved, and I don't want my gaming sessions to be hampered with lack of a Wii controller.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I too enjoyed Umbrella Chronicles, but I was hoping for something different from this game. Anyways, it looks better than the Dead Rising game so its doing something right.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    A) Why not go in a direction that is less crowded on Wii where you have the potential to sell better. Because lets face it Wii is becoming a little crowded with on rails shooters
    Ghost Squad, RE UC,HoTD 2/3, HoTD OK, Medal of Honor Heroes Arcade Mode, Target Terror, and so on.

Though has like how many 3rd person shooter/adventure let alone horror titles umm lets umm RE4 ,and ummm yeah umm thats it.

Which seems like a better place to set up shop at.
    This always boggles my mind. Developers want to make money off the Wii yet they don't want to put in any effort into something it lacks. The sad part is, if this title doesn't sell well we may never see a Dead Space third person adventure for the Wii because it "won't sell on Wii because Dead Space on-rails didn't".

That logic to me is just plain stupid. It's like ordering steak at a restaurant and they hand you fried fish and the waitress complains that you didn't leave a tip...
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    WHAT?!?!?! You all are complaing that we're getting a ground-up Wii exclusive? You would rather have a port becasue it has better graphics? No. Resdient Evil 4 graphics > Dead Rising Wii graphics. You can't just port over graphics from a superior system to a inferior system. It doesn't work that way. It's more complex than that. Exclusive from the ground up is way better.

Plus we get co-op!!

The only disappointment I see is the "guided and cinematic camera" even though they say "Extraction is not your typical Rail Shooter".

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by NorAxeR View Post
    You've gotta be kidding me

What do you think Resident Evil 4 is? It's the same idea as Dead Space..
    It doesn't matter how you word it
    3rd Person shooter with Survival Horror elements
    Survival Horror game with 3rd Person shooter elements

It's a '3rd Person Action / Adventure'
    http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/850/850402.html

Where's the camera?
    Over the shoulder - Which is a 3rd person perspective

Dead Space is a 3rd Person Shooter.

Dead Space has an achievement for beating the entire game with the default gun. Dead Space has multiple achievements for getting so many kills with each specific gun in the game.

Next person to say "Resident Evil: UC is an On The Rails Shooter" instead of saying it's a "Survival Horror game"
    RE:UC is an On Rails Shooter (the mode of play), but it's also a survival horror game (the genre).

There's correcting people, and there's just being an ass. Like the example above, you're both.

Besides, "Third Person Action/Adventure is an amazingly broad term. Strictly speaking it could be applied to Mario 64 (there is action, if only in the literal sense of movement), Zelda and many others. Doesn't mean they're not also something else (like RPG or platformer or survival horror).

Quote Originally Posted by ResEvilWii
    WHAT?!?!?! You all are complaing that we're getting a ground-up Wii exclusive? You would rather have a port becasue it has better graphics? No. Resdient Evil 4 graphics > Dead Rising Wii graphics. You can't just port over graphics from a superior system to a inferior system. It doesn't work that way. It's more complex than that. Exclusive from the ground up is way better.

Plus we get co-op!!

The only disappointment I see is the "guided and cinematic camera" even though they say "Extraction is not your typical Rail Shooter".
    Personally I'm psyched for it.

Although I have to say, I think the graphics porting would work fairly well, if only they were to do it properly. I think half the reason why Dead Rising Wii (which chances are, I'll still buy) is not looking too well, is because it's coming from the Resi Evil 4 engine. Downgrading graphics and engine is probably less hassle than taking an existing game and cramming it into an engine it wasn't originally designed for.

But what do I know. I'm not developer (though that would be an awesome job).
    Last edited by Syntax; 02-18-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Quote Originally Posted by ResEvilWii View Post

Plus we get co-op!!

Have you read my post ,or Caliko's posts at all? If you did you obviously are missing our point.

Its not the fact that we're complaining about wii ground exclusive. I'm glad they didnt port ,and went with an exclusive story.

My problem is the direction they went in for the gameplay. The on rails market on Wii is starting to become over saturated. Theres more on rails shooters than there are action adventure shooters.

Why not go where there is less competion ,and more chance for success.

Hell they could of even went straight First Person Shooter considering that other than Red Steel, Far Cry, and Metroid there aren't any Adventure FPS's that aren't set in World War 2.

This isnt to say this wont be a good game it could end up being fantastic ,but will it sell well? who knows considering on rails is kind of niche market itself only brought back to life by the Wiimote.

There would of been more chance for success ,and it would of pleased more of the "core" gamers if they would of went 3rd person, or first person shooter route.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Thinking About Thinking baseclef51's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2216-8008-0982-7935
    When I heard Dead Space was coming, I thought ehhh.
    Now I'm glad I didn't hype myself up.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7 View Post
    RE:UC is an On Rails Shooter (the mode of play), but it's also a survival horror game (the genre).

There's correcting people, and there's just being an ass. Like the example above, you're both.
    Well you're 2/3rds correct.
    Resident Evil: UC is partially an 'On Rails Shooter' - as Dead Space is mostly a '3rd-Person Shooter'
    Which is what I was pointing out..

Also you're right, I successfully corrected the individual.
    However, you quoted me incorrectly..
    This is really what I said:
    -
    You've gotta be kidding me

What do you think Resident Evil 4 is? It's the same idea as Dead Space..
    It doesn't matter how you word it
    It's both

It's a '3rd Person Action / Adventure'
    http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/850/850402.html

How do you defend yourself in both games?
    Guns
    Where's the camera?
    Over the shoulder - Which is a 3rd person perspective

Dead Space is a 3rd Person Shooter.

Dead Space has an achievement for beating the entire game with the default gun. Dead Space has multiple achievements for getting so many kills with each specific gun in the game.

-

That's not being an ass though, this is:

Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto View Post
    You got it wrong, it's not even a shooter, so if that was what you were expecting... do more research on games in the future before buying.
    Overall, you had a fairly accurate post tho.
    Last edited by NorAxeR; 02-18-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    CURRENT GAMES
    Target Terror + Medal of Honor 2: Heroes + Super Mario Galaxy ~
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition + Mario Kart Wii + Red Steel + Counter Force ~
    Monster 4x4 World Circuit + Battle Rage + Obscure The Aftermath + Manhunt 2 ~

( PM to add me on any Wi-Fi games )

Member #
    Friends

They are 2 different things.

A 3rd person shooter with survival horror elements means that the shooter comes first, and the survival horror is the after-add.

A survival horror with 3rd person shooter means the opposite.

It's like saying a RPG with puzzler elements is the same as a puzzler with RPG elements, then look at, say, Zelda and Puzzle Quest respectively.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads