LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

The best boxing game on Wii

Hello, If you don't remenber the last boxing games on Wii, I will tell you all the Wii boxing games to date. (In order from the best to the worse).

Don King Boxing (the best and most realistic boxing game to date, only if EA wants to release Fight Night Round 4 for Wii next year, I hope so).

Ready 2 Rumble Revolution (the best cartoonish boxing game, even better than Punch-Out, becose it's more fun and the graphics are better).

Face Breaker K.O. Party ( the best boxing game with arcade style, better graphics than Punch-Out too).

Punch-Out (The same clasic game from Nintendo with updated graphics and gameplay).

Showtime Championship Boxing (It's better than the cartoonish games, but the graphics don't look like realistic as Don King Boxing).

Victorious Boxers Revolution ( the most worse game in the list, cartoonish and not realistic).

Ok, choose by yourself!!
    What it's the best boxing game on Wii for you?
    Last edited by stickmode; 03-03-2009 at 08:28 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Most of these haven't even come out yet and yet your saying which are better than others.
    http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/15...re-v2-orig.jpg

Too big for picture, best fake kirby art i've seen

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Well, in my oppinion Punch-out looks the best. Really its the only one I plan to get.

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Wii Sports Boxing!!! Huzzah!!!
    That's the only boxing game I've played for the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    I think that Wii Sports Boxing is the best so far.

Don King Boxing sounds like it could be interesting as it has balance board support for improved movement. It didn't rate particully well on the other consoles though so it will depend on how much they have tailored the game for the Wii. If it's a downgraded port with waggle added then it wouldn't be good.

Punch Out!! will no doubt be the most polished and fun.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    I think that Wii Sports Boxing is the best so far.
    I don't like Wii Sports Boxing at all. It does not have (or try to have) 1:1 motion tracking, which is ESSENTIAL for a good Wii boxing game IMO. Instead, WSB has a lame 'gesture' control system. Why didn't they let you throw a roundhouse by throwing an actual roundhouse, or an uppercut by really sending your fist/controller upwards? The whole tilt-and-turn for throwing different punches is LAME.

I think Don King will be the best game. Besides the balance board option, I believe the controls will be 1:1 (Excellent), and will have various training/fitness modes too. Exactly what I want in a boxing game.

(Seriously, who would want to move the little thumbsticks around and press buttons for a boxing game, no matter how good the graphics are!)

Bringer of KAWAI DOOMSNE DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    In before the op asks for EAs latest boxing game witch probably looks better than it plays

Wiisports boxing good?
    Its good if you like to flail your fists round like Kenshiro only not as cool
    Quote Originally Posted by stickmode View Post
    Victorious Boxers Revolution ( the most worse game in the list, cartoonish and not realistic).
    Thats because its based off one of the best animes there is you noob
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1139

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Haven't played any of these, except for the Wii Sports one :P which I don't think could be the best because the way it responds drives me crazy. Its good to sweat if you want it to exercise but the movement isn't good.

And of the ones mentioned I'm waiting for Punch Out. One of my faves in the old NES.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Haven't played any of these, except for the Wii Sports one :P which I don't think could be the best because the way it responds drives me crazy. Its good to sweat if you want it to exercise but the movement isn't good.
    The movement is fine if you learn the gesture-based control system, as I mentioned above. It does NOT track actual punching/blocking motions, so if that is what you are doing then it will seem to have bad response. DO a search online to find the control scheme of 'gestures' that you need to play.

Ads