Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    No 2D sidescrolling platformer? It's crap. You just know it. I'm starting to hate Sonic, a series I loved for 18 years. Can't SEGA do anything right with their own mascot?
    @Bodine-They gave unleashed a 4.5 because that's what it deserved. I could not play it for more than a few moments.
    *Copy/paste response for all console Sonic titles from the past 8-9 years*
    Last edited by Fox; 03-07-2009 at 03:57 AM.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

2. Ads

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    2-D Sonic games are the only ones I'll ever play.

The last sonic I enjoyed was sonic rush, all the others were completely, utter crap.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    I usually agree with Matt Casamassina's reviews but most of the people who have the game seem to be saying that it is better than the Secret Rings or on par with Unleashed and both received higher scores from IGN.

I think the fact that it is a Sonic game almost automatically loses it points with IGN because they really want Sega to produce something of Mario Galaxy quality. If it wasn't a Sonic game and was an unknown IP then maybe it would have been scored higher.
    Nah, haven't you heard IGN's rants about Sonic? All they want is for them to go back to the classic formula. Anything that goes against the "game plays itself" days of Sonic 2 on the genesis is garbage to them. They went WAAAYYY too hard on this game.

But man, the graphics on this game are absolutely gorgeous. I hope more games look like that in the future.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    Nah, haven't you heard IGN's rants about Sonic? All they want is for them to go back to the classic formula. Anything that goes against the "game plays itself" days of Sonic 2 on the genesis is garbage to them. They went WAAAYYY too hard on this game.

But man, the graphics on this game are absolutely gorgeous. I hope more games look like that in the future.
    Good, they score it based on what Sonic fans want. We wouldn't want to be misguided with an 8/10, thinking it's a good Sonic game, go out to buy it and see that it's garbage.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto View Post
    Good, they score it based on what Sonic fans want. We wouldn't want to be misguided with an 8/10, thinking it's a good Sonic game, go out to buy it and see that it's garbage.
    Unleashed only received high praise because for a few moments it felt like an old sonic game, which to me is kind of boring. Just like how TP received great reviews because it was Ocarina of Time 2.0.

Yes when you're 6 years old it's fun to press a button and watch the blue wonder charge through a stage at the speed of sound and all the eye candy is nice, but now it's just nostalgia.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob#4 View Post
    Unleashed only received high praise because for a few moments it felt like an old sonic game, which to me is kind of boring. Just like how TP received great reviews because it was Ocarina of Time 2.0.

Yes when you're 6 years old it's fun to press a button and watch the blue wonder charge through a stage at the speed of sound and all the eye candy is nice, but now it's just nostalgia.
    Sonic sales aren't that great either, and history shows high review score = high sales; low review score = low sales. So obviously the now-a-day 6 year olds might that blue eye candy charging through the stage.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Everyone needs to stop comparing Black Knight to Unleashed ,and even the older Genesis games. You need to look at this game as it's own seperate spin off. They obviously weren't looking to make a new game to beat Unleashed (and rightfully so since it hasnt even been a year between the releases)

Hell is it even fair to say theres been 6 months between the releases. Which brings me to something ironic i found. The copy of the game i rented had an ad for Unleashed on the back of the booklet.

They weren't trying to make a traditional sonic game they were just taking another take on it.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    yea there even calling it part of the "Sonic story book series"
    join nintendoforums to experience everything nintendo in a whole new way. http://www.nintendoforums.net/commun...?referrerid=19
    virtua tennis wii : 0474-5216-1988

Click here to level up my card!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by JagsRock95 View Post
    yea there even calling it part of the "Sonic story book series"
    Which I had a good idea for the next one

Member #
    Friends
    whats ur idea?
    join nintendoforums to experience everything nintendo in a whole new way. http://www.nintendoforums.net/commun...?referrerid=19
    virtua tennis wii : 0474-5216-1988

Click here to level up my card!

Ads