Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    In fact when done correctly (and only when done correctly) an rail shooter can be just as fun (if not more fun) than an FPS
    You're either absolutely joking, or you don't have a serious track record with FPS games
    I.E. playing them online competitively.
    FPS takes a lot more skill - especially with an online component.
    If you just have trouble with FPS games, you shouldn't publicly run around and say 'Rail Shooters can be more fun'.
    That's asinine and we all know that.
    ( why do you think everyone's all upset here )

They re-made Dead Rising (without putting it on-rails) and everyone was angry at this watered down Wiimake.
    That's because us Wii owners understand the fact that our system isn't anywhere near as powerful as it's next gen counterparts..
    Which truthfully pisses everyone off and there's not much we can do about it.
    We're obviously playing it for the Nintendo Franchises, the unique controller methods and so forth.
    So yeah, a watered down port should take some heat.
    My honest opinion about CTYD is that it's better in MY opinion, because I rather have less ( but smarter ) zombies and no retarded picture taking..
    but that's just me - I totally see why people wouldn't like that.

I swear majority of the Wii hardcore crowd is the most hard to please
    Well that makes SENSE don't it?
    Plus speaking specifically about M Rated games, we don't get those too often.
    When something like Dead Space is announced, but then the 'Rail Shooter' element is thrown at us - that absolutely sucks, and most of us understand that.
    CURRENT GAMES
    Target Terror + Medal of Honor 2: Heroes + Super Mario Galaxy ~
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition + Mario Kart Wii + Red Steel + Counter Force ~
    Monster 4x4 World Circuit + Battle Rage + Obscure The Aftermath + Manhunt 2 ~

( PM to add me on any Wi-Fi games )

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by NorAxeR View Post
    Well they're not and they're not gonna be, thus leaving everyone extremely disappointed..
    We know you're upset.. but your input needs be more creative.
    I'm going to get attacked by you in every thread we both post in aren't I?

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    You're either absolutely joking, or you don't have a serious track record with FPS games
    I.E. playing them online competitively.
    FPS takes a lot more skill - especially with an online component.
    If you just have trouble with FPS games, you shouldn't publicly run around and say 'Rail Shooters can be more fun'.
    That's asinine and we all know that.
    ( why do you think everyone's all upset here )
    1. I have a pretty good track record with online FPS's. I was among the top 50 players in Turok at one point, and I am pretty good at Unreal Tournament 3.
    2. I realize FPS takes more skill but that doesn't make them more fun automatically.
    3.If I have trouble with FPS's then how come All of my 360 games (except Gears of War) are FPS. (Which is in my sig so you should know.)

That's because us Wii owners understand the fact that our system isn't anywhere near as powerful as it's next gen counterparts..
    Which truthfully pisses everyone off and there's not much we can do about it.
    Which is exactly my point. If Dead Space were to be a port of the 360 version it wouldn't be as good, the critics would give it 5-7/10 ratings, and everyone would be pissed off. So why not just be happy that they attempted to do something different with the game.

p.s. In the end this is a matter of personal preference. If I believe a rail shooter "can" (emphasis on "can", I didn't use the word "is") be more fun than an FPS then that's my business and has no correlation to my feelings toward or "track record" with FPS's.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    1. I have a pretty good track record with online FPS's. I was among the top 50 players in Turok at one point, and I am pretty good at Unreal Tournament 3.
    2. I realize FPS takes more skill but that doesn't make them more fun automatically.
    3.If I have trouble with FPS's then how come All of my 360 games (except Gears of War) are FPS. (Which is in my sig so you should know.)

Which is exactly my point. If Dead Space were to be a port of the 360 version it wouldn't be as good, the critics would give it 5-7/10 ratings, and everyone would be pissed off. So why not just be happy that they attempted to do something different with the game.

p.s. In the end this is a matter of personal preference. If I believe a rail shooter "can" (emphasis on "can", I didn't use the word "is") be more fun than an FPS then that's my business and has no correlation to my feelings toward or "track record" with FPS's.
    He's just a troll. Ignore him.

In other news, the only games I want to be on-rails is HotD series and Starfox.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post

In other news, the only games I want to be on-rails is HotD series and Starfox.
    OH YES!!!! I would love to see a new Starfox game. That was one of the best On- Rail shooters ever!!!! I think if a series is done right it can make a good rail shooter. I personally think because of the limb dimemberment thing Dead Space is a perfect fit for a rail shooter. And Darkside Chronicles new "Dramatic" camera looks like it could bring that much needed survival horror twist to the rail shooting genre. I think both of these games will do just fine.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    because he had enough respect to have an intellectual conversation about it?

600 posts in 3 months, someone needs friends or a life ( obviously impossible )
    Try social networking ( since Real Life apparently isn't an option )
    Perhaps plastic surgery..

HoTD
    House of The Dead 2&3 Return was the only Wii title I ever traded in because it's such an awful, old remake.
    You just like to hate because you follow me around the forum with your shitty opinions and no one cares.

Better stop harassing me on the site..
    I think you know what I'm talking about.

Anyways,
    Darkside Chronicles is the 2nd Exclusive Resident Evil Wii title..
    The fact that it's on the rails again, shows the developers laziness towards the Wii.
    Extremely disappointing.
    Last edited by NorAxeR; 03-18-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Someone's on the road to Banville
    CURRENT GAMES
    Target Terror + Medal of Honor 2: Heroes + Super Mario Galaxy ~
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition + Mario Kart Wii + Red Steel + Counter Force ~
    Monster 4x4 World Circuit + Battle Rage + Obscure The Aftermath + Manhunt 2 ~

( PM to add me on any Wi-Fi games )

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Well they're not and they're not gonna be, thus leaving everyone extremely disappointed..
    We know you're upset.. but your input needs be more creative.
    ...Well it seems you harassed me. Seriously, stop flaming. Trying to be "Mr. Tough Guy" on a forum isn't going to replace your lack of respect in the real world.

Also to whoever deleted my posts in this thread, I'd like to know why the post where I called him a troll is still here, but my on-topic conversation with Dzapper got deleted?

Member #
    Friends
    When I first heard Dead Space was coming to Wii I was thinking it was gonna be the next RE4, until I found out it was on-rails. Boy did you guys get cheated :/

I just bought Dead Space for the 360 today.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii-licious View Post
    What are you talking about!!!! IN RE4/5 you can't move while shooting!!!

Did you play Dead Space !?! Of course there is some similarity, like ammunition management etc...

But at least in Dead Space you're personna doesn't move like a robot and you have a third person view while shooting and not over the shoulder view like RE4/5. this is pretty useful to walk around an enemy and shoot him while moving.

With this stupid over the shoulder view you can't see nothing on your side and you can't move while aiming.

This is a big difference in gaming experience.
    Sorry my mistake. I played it round a friends and never relised you could shoot while moving :P Always thought it was like RE4/5 for that reason.

Ads