LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Help me choose the right racing game...

I just got the wii, and wanted to get some actual user information regarding some of the many racing games out there.

First question, is the steering wheel a must have? It looks really cool but does it actually mimick your movements realistically?

Ok, so in regards to the racing games. First, is there a game out there with an Audi A4 Avant (wagon) as one of the vehicle options? Strange question I know...but its what I drive.

I also prefer a game with realistic on road cars, not the super fast sports cars, just something a little more than ordinary...like porsche boxster, nissan z, corvette etc.

Whats the difference with all the different 'need for speed' titles out there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I've only played 2 racing games so far on the Wii and they are two of the best racing games ever (Mario Kart Wii and Excite Truck). If you're looking for realism in terms of vehicle type and performance, you're probably looking at the wrong system and should purchase a PS3 instead for Gran Turismo. If you're looking for a fun and innovative way to race in a video game, then the wii wheel/wiimote combo is probably the most realistic controller peripheral you'll get. You just have to have patience and get used to it.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, if you want more of the ordinary cars out there go for the Need For Speed series. I'd wait for NFS Nitro due later this year becasue that should have Wii wheel support.

The Wii Wheel btw is VERY resposive. It surprised me with how great it is. It's a revolution in its own right for racing games.

Not sure if the three NFS already out are comaptible with the Wii Wheel or not.

Member #
    Friends
    there is also Ferrari Challenge, which i know nothing about.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    There are currently NO Realistic racing games available on the wii.

The Wii Steering Wheel is just a piece of plastic~ The steering depends on the controls and looseness developed for said game....

Maybe there will be one in the Future.
    Thank God WiiChat is back! It's more addictive then Crack on Toast!

Member #
    Friends
    2186-4201-2378-7021
    Need for Speed: Carbon is decent, it's probably the game you're looking for. Mario Kart is pretty good too, but relies too heavily on luck.
    GHIII FC: 030179739982
    GH:WT FC: 287929069537
    Mario Kart Wii FC: 5026-4819-3672
    The Conduit FC: 0130-9566-5950

Ads