LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well, I guess they did spring ExciteBots on us...it sounds like Reggie still believes it will be released this spring.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    "The level of full motion capability is far in excess of what we showed at E3."
    THIS is why I love delays.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyd View Post
    Haven't heard anything about Sports Resort, but there's a rumor that EA might release Grand Slam Tennis with Motion Plus bundled.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/24/ru...nis-in-europe/
    That would kick some serious ass.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Its no big deal really, especially if they need the time to improve things. I heard something about them originally having 10 or so activities planned but were chopping it to 8 which would be disappointing.

In all honesty I'm more excited for the device itself rather than the game, but I did enjoy Wii Sports so who knows.

Apparently the company that made the technology is selling it to anyone interested for $40.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii View Post
    Apparently the company that made the technology is selling it to anyone interested for $40.
    More kids need to realize that MotionPlus was made by a different company and that the technology didn't exist(and in a way still doesn't) until recently.

I browse through plenty of lousy rants about how "Nintendo should have added it in the first place." or "Why did Nintendo sell us a half finished product?"

What they also fail to realize is if Nintendo did decide to perfect the Wii remote along with Wii MotionPlus, the Wii would have a release date of Winter 2009. Arriving 4 years late to the generation and giving Microsoft and Sony years to capture the market while Gamecube sales deteriorate to zero consoles sold a year and fans across the globe losing hope.

The Wii remote tech was as current as can be in late 2006, even ahead of its time. It's ridiculous to have asked for more at that time!

Analogy: Wow!! Toyota introduced the flying car in 2012 but that thing could only hit 50 miles per hour. AND JUST NOW IN 2016 they figured out how to max out the speed to 120 miles per hour. STUPID TOYOTA!! Why didn't you include it in the first place!!
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    More kids need to realize that MotionPlus was made by a different company and that the technology didn't exist(and in a way still doesn't) until recently.
    You're half right. The tech used is simply a gyroscope (solid state MEMS, not the mechanical spinning top kind), which has been around for a while (r/c helicopters have been using these for years for heading hold for example). However, the tech really hasn't existed in a small enough form factor or has been energy efficient enough (not to mention cost effective enough, the gyro's you buy for r/c heli's are definitely not cheap and cost much more than a Wii Remote) to build into a video game controller, which are the real reasons this was not built in from the start. I can't be arsed to find a quote for this, but a couple of months after they showed the M+ at E3 last year, it was mentioned that they were in fact still working on getting it's power usage down to a reasonable level (since it feeds off the Wii Remote batteries).

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post

I browse through plenty of lousy rants about how "Nintendo should have added it in the first place." or "Why did Nintendo sell us a half finished product?"

What they also fail to realize is if Nintendo did decide to perfect the Wii remote along with Wii MotionPlus, the Wii would have a release date of Winter 2009. Arriving 4 years late to the generation and giving Microsoft and Sony years to capture the market while Gamecube sales deteriorate to zero consoles sold a year and fans across the globe losing hope.

The Wii remote tech was as current as can be in late 2006, even ahead of its time. It's ridiculous to have asked for more at that time!

Analogy: Wow!! Toyota introduced the flying car in 2012 but that thing could only hit 50 miles per hour. AND JUST NOW IN 2016 they figured out how to max out the speed to 120 miles per hour. STUPID TOYOTA!! Why didn't you include it in the first place!!
    They wouldn't have even bothered looking into fixing this problem had it not been for core gamers, and Nintendo's desire to cater to them still (hard for some to believe I'm sure).

We all know the casuals would be content with what we have now, but others wanted more and eventually we will get it.

Nintendo I'm sure could have done something like this from the start if their goal was to wow core gamers, but they took a different approach which is still alright.

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo decides to look into HD gaming in similar ways to motion plus.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii View Post
    They wouldn't have even bothered looking into fixing this problem had it not been for core gamers, and Nintendo's desire to cater to them still (hard for some to believe I'm sure).

We all know the casuals would be content with what we have now, but others wanted more and eventually we will get it.

Nintendo I'm sure could have done something like this from the start if their goal was to wow core gamers, but they took a different approach which is still alright.

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo decides to look into HD gaming in similar ways to motion plus.
    i can totally agree with that. well put
    Thank God WiiChat is back! It's more addictive then Crack on Toast!

Ads