LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

rune factory frontier question

Anyone know where to find the silver to make better tools. Im also wondering where to find the hard horn, I thought killing a bull on whale island would do it but it didnt. I like the game, would be better to have more energy, and longer days.

Member #
    Friends
    Haven't played it yet but in the future check here for guides~ Right now No one has made one about locations......

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/game/946789.html
    Thank God WiiChat is back! It's more addictive then Crack on Toast!

Member #
    Friends
    We got Rune Factory Frontier last weekend and have played it pretty much nonstop since. It's different from the average RPG but quite addictive.

The thing that is holding me back at the moment is the iron. I need it to improve my tools (hammer and axe) but never seem to find any. I hear that you get it from rocks in the dungeons but I never have. The cheap hammer only breaks small rocks and they give nothing, although I've not actually tried using it on the bigger rocks in the dungeons because I didn't think it would work. Anyone know if it does or if there is anywhere I can get iron to get me started?
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Not the rocks in the tillable areas. Look for the huge piles of soil on the dungeon floors. Whack those with the hammer and you'll get metal ores.

For instance, in the green ruins, turn left at the chitter (squirrel monster), go past the spiders into the next room. Hit those big piles with your hammer. Then use the "B" button to pick up the ore.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
    Not the rocks in the tillable areas. Look for the huge piles of soil on the dungeon floors. Whack those with the hammer and you'll get metal ores.

For instance, in the green ruins, turn left at the chitter (squirrel monster), go past the spiders into the next room. Hit those big piles with your hammer. Then use the "B" button to pick up the ore.
    Great, thanks very much for the tip!
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    For iron, there is plenty in the Green Ruins. Just make sure you hold B before pressing A (B+A) for a special attack to increase your chances of getting ore and jewels.

For silver, you can first get it on the 2nd floor of the Fire Ruins after the Golems. Then, once you build the Silver Hammer, you can break the tan rocks near the entrance to the Green Ruins and get silver there more quickly.

It's a great game... I'm about to mine platinum. Hope more people buy it so they'll make a sequel sooner.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjj288 View Post
    Hope more people buy it so they'll make a sequel sooner.
    I hope so too. It is an enjoyable game and seems to offer a lot of play length. I'm not even past the first year yet and with each day lasting up to 20 minutes I think that should add up to a good 60 hours play at least.

Ads