Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaboat View Post
    Blood, gore, and violence, doesn't make a game "hardcore". Now if a game requires a lot of skills, then I'd say you can classify it as "hardcore." For example, if you think about MadWorld on the Wii, the game can be characterized as "hardcore" not for its violence and bloodshed, but the rigor and challenge that is involved in the game itself.
    Dose that make Superman 64 hardcore then?

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with the OP in every way.

I have been gaming since the mid 80's and the hardcore vs casual thing is insane to me to be honest.

In all my years of gaming i have never seen this kind of division and/or arguments in the world of gaming with this casual vs hardcore thing. It may have something to do with me not being into the whole forum things till recently, I dont know.

IMHO, and my HO only, it seems to me this entire hardcore vs casual thing has been a response by the PS3/360 fan boys irritation that the Wii is the dominant system this time.

Now im not hatting i like the 360 a lot, i would own one if not for my good computer. I respect the PS3, although i would never buy one. Im not a PS hatter either as i owned the PS1 and got a PS2 on launch day and loved them both.

There is some truth to the fact that the Wii apeals to the casual player no doubt. So did the PS1 and PS2. I hate to burst the hardcore bubble but theres not nearly enough of you to support a system. You NEED the casual player to buy some of your system.

This is my view on this hardcore thing. In the past i would have considered myself "hardcore" but today the hardcore seem to act like a bunch of stuck up elitists. I dont wanna be grouped with them anymore.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    I'm an independent and I play whatever the hell I want thank you very much.

Halo, Fire Emblem, Vesperia, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Mega Man 2, and Fallout 3.

That is a usual Friday night for me.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids View Post
    Fire Emblem

You cant be very far into it then if you only play it on Fridays

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    I'm currently playing Shadow Dragon and no I'm not that far. I replay levels constantly to keep characters. I've lost two so far... Crap!!

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaboat View Post
    Blood, gore, and violence, doesn't make a game "hardcore". Now if a game requires a lot of skills, then I'd say you can classify it as "hardcore." For example, if you think about MadWorld on the Wii, the game can be characterized as "hardcore" not for its violence and bloodshed, but the rigor and challenge that is involved in the game itself.
    exactly the way i see it

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    This is my view on this hardcore thing. In the past i would have considered myself "hardcore" but today the hardcore seem to act like a bunch of stuck up elitists. I dont wanna be grouped with them anymore.
    Exactly how I feel. If you read the last line of my first post, it pretty much sums up my entire point.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids View Post
    I'm an independent and I play whatever the hell I want thank you very much.

Halo, Fire Emblem, Vesperia, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Mega Man 2, and Fallout 3.

We should start using that term; Independent Gamers. We're not "Hardcore" because you bastards have ruined the definition and we're not "Casual" because we dedicate the majority of our time to gaming. We're Independent. We play what we want, when we want, because we want to. Not because "it's teh l337" and not because "it's fun for the whole family!" (which are the extremes of the two other categories)

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Doesn't really fit into SSBB(the blood)

Hardcore for me means passionate about games...be that The Sims, MadWorld, Halo, Killzone, Mario, Wii Sport, whatever....you likes a lot(ie frequent video games sites, play often etc) I'd call you hardcore!
    "Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity, nothing exceeds the criticisms made of the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." -Herman Melville

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. View Post
    We should start using that term; Independent Gamers. We're not "Hardcore" because you bastards have ruined the definition and we're not "Casual" because we dedicate the majority of our time to gaming. We're Independent. We play what we want, when we want, because we want to. Not because "it's teh l337" and not because "it's fun for the whole family!" (which are the extremes of the two other categories)
    ohp. I was going to say, "Well atleast we managed to keep this convorsation mature without some noob butting in with any insults." But you shot that one down. -_-

Ads