LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There's the point that I want to reach, If you see every person that answer this question is supose to be one of these Wii360 or Wiips3 owners. They only try to find the oportunity to piss the Wii, this forum apears to be a Xbox360/ps3 forum than a Wii forum.
    These people are hungry becose they see more and more remarkable hardcore titles coming to Wii and try to stop this. Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.
    I want the real Wii owners appear, the people that only have a Wii express their opinion, we are the mayority and we can't allow the others consoles piss the Wii, THERE'S A HUGE HARDCORE FAN BASE ON THE Wii the only weak is they purchase slowly their games, becose they want to make sure the game that purchase is good and they like it.

I think, if the real Wii owners will be like me, with almost 80 Wii hardcore games by Wii owner, the Wii and Nintendo already be pissed the xbox360/ps3 and leaved these consoles out the game market today. No, no stupid Wii360/Wiips3 owners the sales of these games will surpass the million mark at the end of the year, and when this happens we will talk about it!!
    Last edited by stickmode; 04-21-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by stickmode View Post
    There's the point that I want to reach, If you see every person that answer this question is supose to be one of these Wii360 or Wiips3 owners. They only try to find the oportunity to piss the Wii, this forum apears to be a Xbox360/ps3 forum than a Wii forum.
    These people are hungry becose they see more and more remarkable hardcore titles coming to Wii and try to stop this. Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.
    I've defended the Wii from day one. I've enjoyed the Wii, a lot. I've put many hours into it, as well as a lot of money. However, what like 3 years down the line are we? I'm definitely not 'hungry' to 'piss the Wii' because I see 'more remarkable hardcore titles coming to Wii'. There's just the fact that there aren't more remarkable 'hardcore' titles coming to the Wii. Sure, some titles can probably be better on the Wii, Virtua Tennis 2009 is an excellent example. But come on, try and name others. They're just not there. Take Fifa for example. My God that was diabolical on the Wii. That game alone pushed me to get a PS3 back in 2007/8.

I want the real Wii owners appear, the people that only have a Wii express their opinion, we are the mayority and we can't allow the others consoles piss the Wii, THERE'S A HUGE HARDCORE FAN BASE ON THE Wii the only weak is they purchase slowly their games, becose they want to make sure the game that purchase is good and they like it.
    So I can't voice my opinion because I have a PS3? There is a hardcore fan base on the Wii, but until more games catered for them and things like online are improved, more and more of them will be moving to the PS3/360 to satisfy their 'hardcore' needs. Too many 'hardcore' games on the Wii turn out to be flops.

I think, if the real Wii owners will be like me, with almost 80 Wii hardcore games by Wii owner, the Wii and Nintendo already be pissed the xbox360/ps3 and leaved these consoles out the game market today. No, no stupid Wii360/Wiips3 owners the sales of these games will surpass the million mark at the end of the year, and when this happens we will talk about it!!
    The problem is, is that most Wii owners will never be like you with almost 80 hardcore games. That's not who they're aiming at. (I would also like to hear of these 80 'hardcore' games). Uh, sorry I just don't understand the rest of your post. Are you saying that if Wii owners were like you, then that would push Microsoft and Sony out of the gaming market?
    Last edited by Lewi T; 04-21-2009 at 09:19 AM.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    [quote=stickmode;1014984this forum apears to be a Xbox360/ps3 forum than a Wii forum.[/QUOTE]
    I think you will find its about the Wii
    Its just a lot of the older members on here tend to know a lot more about tech than you do
    THERE'S A HUGE HARDCORE FAN BASE ON THE WII
    THERE'S A EVEN MORE HUGE CASUAL FAN BASE ON THE WII
    I think, if the real Wii owners will be like me, with almost 80 Wii hardcore games by Wii owner, the Wii and Nintendo already be pissed the
    So more reatered Wii owners?

Coming up more "How do I turn it on" questions

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Bio
    Member #
    Friends

Since I was one of those who answered, I assume this is directed at me, among others. If you think I'm some swayed 360/PS3 gamer, you don't know me as well as you think you do. I honestly don't know why you would assume to know my "credibility" in this argument in the first place.

There is nothing in my previous post trying to downplay the Wii at all. Just because I attempted using a 360/PS3 scenario as an analogy to the Wii's hardcore situation doesn't mean I'm suddenly out to belittle the Wii.

All I did was give you an informed look on what might be happening...which is that the Wii's hardcore userbase is too small right now. If this is the reason (and most likely is), then it is just a harsh reality.
    Last edited by Bio; 04-21-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post
    So more reatered Wii owners?

Coming up more "How do I turn it on" questions
    I like those people 'casue I can answer their questions

The low sales of GTA:CTW DS was mentioned in the OP and I'd like to answer that point. The sales of this type of game on Nintendo systems always follow a different pattern than on, say, a PC. Ignoring the illegal copies (on both systems) then look at the growth of unit sales. PC games tend to have a large initial buy in by a fan base and then sales taper off as the next big release happens. DS games (of this type) tend to have a lower, more consistent sales line for many more months. Sure they don't sell as many units in total as their PC counterparts but a suitable analogy would be the tortoise and the hare (except the hare wins) if that makes any kind of sense.

Member #
    Friends

I thought the pictures would have helped to explain things to you but no. Time to break it down.

I don't own a PS3 or an Xbox360. I actually love my Wii. I don't go about pissing on it. I happen to go about pissing on you. Your an annoying little bastard. Respect Capitalism. People want to spend their money the way they want.

It's whining people such as yourself that I am starting to hate this forum and move to Giantbomb as my choice of forums.

Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.
    Good point, but why do you choose to buy utter shoddy ports like Dead Rising. Maybe you shouldn't be buying dumb titles like those in protest of their crappiness.

I want the real Wii owners appear, the people that only have a Wii express their opinion
    Suddenly people aren't allowed to be multiplatform? Right now I have my Wii/gamecube, my Dreamcast and PS2 hooked up. In addition I have a Nintendo DSi and Gameboy advance. Packed away I have my Nes, Genesis, Snes, and Nintendo 64.
    Also keep in mind that the Wii can play Gamecube games. Ever thought that some of us are going to older console titles? There are still titles out there that I want that I never played. It is the same treatment I gave to my PS2. I bought older titles for it.

Just shut up. The majority of people have played systems before the Wii as I have mentioned. Rarely will you see people say "The Wii is the only system I own." This isn't Nintendo's first console you know.

I think, if the real Wii owners will be like me
    Suddenly we all have imaginary Wiis sitting by our TVs?

with almost 80 Wii hardcore games by Wii owner!
    I am quite happy with 25 titles I own and my expanding collection of other systems. In addition, I am not interested in owning every single title on the Wii. Just the ones I can actually like. I don't have concern for games such as Quantum of Solace or Dead Rising. It isn't about the developer, its about me when it comes to purchasing content for the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.
    The only console that I own is the Wii and I'm pretty 'hardcore' when it comes to my gaming, so I usually defend the Wii to the death.

I don't think that there is real proof of a huge hardcore fan base on the Wii yet, certainly by the sales of some games it seems that there is not. However with the Wii having outsold the other consoles by such a large margin you would think that they should in theory at least come close to equaling the base of the others.

Part of the problem with 'hardcore' game sales is if the game is multiplatform then the multi owners will buy it for the 360/PS3 over the Wii. Until the Wii versions are superior to the others then that wont really change. Hopefully with motion plus that will shift the balance some and there are always exceptions such as Shaun White Snowboarding (although I've seen multi owners still go for the 360 version because it has 'better graphics', despite it actually being a worse game on the 360). It still really doesn't explain Wii exclusives like Madworld not selling, although that could be partly due to the multi owners buying RE:5 instead.

I believe in some of your post you were criticizing the multi console owners for taking sides against the Wii on these forums. I understand if you are because that can be frustrating sometimes. I almost quit this forum because I posted news about a Wii game, only to have it deleted because it was already in the PS3 section. It is supposed to be a Wii forum after all.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    6515-5205-9862-4856
    I think part of the problem with MadWorld is that it does NOT look cool in still photographs (advertisements, magazine articles) so maybe it's having a hard time getting noticed by people who aren't already looking for it. The black & white color scheme is innovative for sure, but just doesn't print well. I thought it looked godawful until I saw gameplay videos of it on G4, then I realized it does look pretty great after all.

HotDK is awesome!

I guess I'm not a "real Wii owner" since we have a Wii and a 360. But, just to throw in my 2 cents...I think people appreciate the Wii games that utilize the unique controls well. We can forgo the better graphics if a game is genuinely better and more fun on the Wii, but aren't real interested in ports that may look and play better on the 360. I like HotD because I am into the light gun controls, period. If it looked better on the 360 I would not be interested because the whole button scheme doesn't feel like as much fun to me.

That said, we do probably buy more of our "hardcore" games for the 360 because my husband takes it with him when he travels, and I'm pretty terrible at playing them by myself. So, I keep the Wii and the games I enjoy here at home.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanniepep View Post
    I guess I'm not a "real Wii owner" since we have a Wii and a 360. But, just to throw in my 2 cents...I think people appreciate the Wii games that utilize the unique controls well. We can forgo the better graphics if a game is genuinely better and more fun on the Wii, but aren't real interested in ports that may look and play better on the 360. I like HotD because I am into the light gun controls, period. If it looked better on the 360 I would not be interested because the whole button scheme doesn't feel like as much fun to me.
    Thank you for posting this information. I think this is a reason why people are getting sick of Stickmode. Maybe not you but I don't think he doesn't understand how the rest of us feel.

Member #
    Friends
    stickmore is delusional. he thinks he is right.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Ads