LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Can you explain the low sales of Hardcore Titles

Hello, there's some things around the games market that block the good expectations of Third-parties about the low sales of Hardcore mature titles.
    First the low sales of titles like Madworld, HOD: Overkill, Dead Raising and now the low sales of GTA:CTW for DS. These sales shocked the market, but the third-parties need to understand that the sales on Nintendo platforms aren't like the xbox360/ps3, the sales of these platforms are very fast and accustom the third-parties to expect sales reaching the million copies the first or the second week the game releases on every console. In the other hand the Nintendo platform sales are slow and take time to reach these goals, this not means the hardcore mature titles won't reach these sales in less than a year, but generally reach the goal a year or take more time. And now becose the economy down-turn the sales are even more slowly. The third-parties need to know this and accustom to sales on long terms in a Nintendo platform.

Master of Fappets Twillight Princess's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1337-1337-1337-1337
    Nintendo doesn't bother showing them off at all, you remember Disaster? They looked proud of it a couple of years ago, then BAM! They tell us its coming out in a month or something, and when it actually comes out, its limited. Its the same with Madworld.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by stickmode View Post
    Madworld,
    HOD: Overkill,
    Dead Raising
    GTA:CTW for DS.
    Explainedfor noobs like you

Madworlds low sales
    Mainly due to it looking different to most games
    Norms wont buy a game thats cartoony in look

HOD OK
    I dont think I ever saw a add for it on TV

Dead Rising
    Its crap on the Wii

GTA DS
    Every body that wants the game has downloaded it
    The DSs low games sales is due to this

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Hello, there's some things around the games market that block the good expectations of Third-parties about the low sales of Hardcore mature titles.
    First the low sales of titles like Madworld, HOD: Overkill, Dead Raising and now the low sales of GTA:CTW for DS. These sales shocked the market, but the third-parties need to understand that the sales on Nintendo platforms aren't like the xbox360/ps3, the sales of these platforms are very fast and accustom the third-parties to expect sales reaching the million copies the first or the second week the game releases on every console. In the other hand the Nintendo platform sales are slow and take time to reach these goals, this not means the hardcore mature titles won't reach these sales in less than a year, but generally reach the goal a year or take more time. And now becose the economy down-turn the sales are even more slowly. The third-parties need to know this and accustom to sales on long terms in a Nintendo platform.
    The answer is relatively simple, I think. The audience for Wii is predominantly not hardcore. Those who are in this gamer group have gotten a 360 or PS3 already (and may have even sold their Wiis if they bought one early in the console's life). The result is an upward climb for these third parties to gain the attention of the mainstream and hardcore gamers who have already looked the other way.

It's similar to how multiplatform games usually sell better on 360 than on PS3 in America, despite the fact that PS3 owners are more likely to buy games than 360 owners. The reason has little to do with the games or the consoles...but mainly because more people have a 360 in America. What I'm trying to say is that the problem isn't the product. The actual problem is the current situation with consumers.
    Last edited by Bio; 04-20-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Because you keep overrating things and everyone knows that anything you like will be woeful.

Member #
    Friends

Some of us are getting tired of the whole "Hardcore" crap that users like you keep whining about. I'll buy the games I want to play.

Madworld = overrated

House of the Dead Overkill- own it, quit bitching. I am not here to drop 200 bucks a month on games for the petty console warz. It would have been worth if it was Sega and we needed to push consoles such as the Saturn or Dreamcast.

Dead Rising = shotty port

GTA: Chinatown Wars- I hate the GTA series.

Last edited by Godwind; 04-20-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post

Some of us are getting tired of the whole "Hardcore" crap that users like you keep whining about. I'll buy the games I want to play.

Madworld = overrated

House of the Dead Overkill- own it, quit bitching. I am not here to drop 200 bucks a month on games for the petty console warz. It would have been worth if it was Sega and we needed to push consoles such as the Saturn or Dreamcast.

Dead Rising = shotty port

GTA: Chinatown Wars- I hate the GTA series.

Get'em Godwind

And Madworld was fun. I plan on getting some HOtDOK.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    Get'em Godwind

And Madworld was fun. I plan on getting some HOtDOK.
    I found Madworld fun to watch, as opposed to actually playing it.

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    It's similar to how multiplatform games usually sell better on 360 than on PS3 in America, despite the fact that PS3 owners are more likely to buy games than 360 owners.
    You must know something nobody else does. Statistically the 360 has the highest attach rate of any console IN HISTORY, meaning per system in use, average per system, more people own more games on the 360, than any other console EVER.

PS3 owners are more likely to buy Blu-Ray movies than games...

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2008/01/28/3...s-per-console/
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=17099
    http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_s...s-the-wii.html
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/18096/...-Rate-Exposed/
    http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...Supremacy.html

I own 130+ games on the 360, and have yet to find a serious enough reason to buy a PS3. My wife wants one for the Disney Movies on Blue-ray, that's probably what will make us buy one eventually... No other Blu-ray player is as upgradeable as the PS3 unfortunately...

Before this turns into a console fanboy war, I'm not trying to go there... I'm just saying, if you want to state something as a fact, make sure your facts are right...
    Last edited by sprinter; 04-20-2009 at 05:30 PM.

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Member #
    Friends
    Can you explain the low sales of Hardcore Titles.
    I think that this has been answered pretty well in the posts so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    The answer is relatively simple, I think. The audience for Wii is predominantly not hardcore.
    the third-parties need to understand that the sales on Nintendo platforms aren't like the xbox360/ps3, the sales of these platforms are very fast and accustom the third-parties to expect sales reaching the million copies the first or the second week the game releases on every console. In the other hand the Nintendo platform sales are slow and take time to reach these goals, this not means the hardcore mature titles won't reach these sales in less than a year, but generally reach the goal a year or take more time.
    So there's not enough 'hardcore' Wii owners to start with and Wii games have a longer shelf life than other consoles games so early sales figures can be deceiving. Case closed.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads