Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff View Post
    Those are iPhone screenshots? F*ck me how do people fit that in their hands? Its HUGE. That phone must be the size of a brick .........
    That screen is stretched out quite a bit. The iPhone screen is much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post

I do hear how some people have bricked there iphone

It has been mentioned but
    Try displaying that one a normal sized tv
    Then it wont look as good

Unless your thinking is like stickmodes
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
    Beyond all the obvious already mentioned a SCREEN SHOT is going to look as good as the screen it was shot FROM, and the CAMERA that took it, allong with the resolution of the camera etc... I can promise you, that is not a shot taken directly from an iPhone.

Screen shots are some of the most misleading things in the world, especially if you are using them solely to base what game looks better. Unless you hook multiple consoles to the SAME exact TV, and use the SAME exact camera on the SAME exact settings and resolution, there is no way possible for an accurate comparison.

Output the image from an iPhone into my 65" Mitsubishi DLP set, and It wouldn't look any better than a Wii game. I'd bet on it. Somebody already nailed that one, shrink any Wii game down to the iPhone and it will look HD...
    What about Wii screenshots? The ones you see online aren't TV sized. I don't recall the last time I saw a 50" screenshot...

So are you guys saying that Wii games with great looking screenshots look like absolute pixelated crap on a real TV? If not, why is that the case with the iPhone game? How do you know it'd be worse?

The screenshots I posted aren't that much smaller than most Wii screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
    The DS is a $170 system, the iPhone is what $800? The DS isn't made to look awesome because the cost would make the system a lot higher than what consumers would spend.
    The iPhone isn't $800. I'm not sure what it would cost to buy it without a plan, but you can get the 8GB versions for $199. Regardless, the 8GB iPod Touch is only $225 now. It is an immensely more powerful gaming platform, plus it's an iPod, mobile internet browser, backup drive, photo gallery, video viewer, etc.
    SSBB FC: 2621-2267-8681

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    the resolutuioon of thoise photos is higher than that of the iphone. ergo, not realistic screenies.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart View Post
    What about Wii screenshots? The ones you see online aren't TV sized. I don't recall the last time I saw a 50" screenshot...
    Thats due to the size difference of different peoples monitors (19" CRT owner here)
    A massive pic on web sites will take up a lot of space so theres scaled down
    So are you guys saying that Wii games with great looking screenshots look like absolute pixelated crap on a real TV? If not, why is that the case with the iPhone game? How do you know it'd be worse?

The screenshots I posted aren't that much smaller than most Wii screenshots.
    Let me explian with pics

(I cant be arsed to go threw loads of screen grabs to find a better one)

Now zoom into that (without clicking) (Ctrl and +/- on firefox)
    It will look like crap thats kinda what would happen if you put a iphone game on a tv

Anyway screen shots make a game look good but what about when its in motion?
    There have been games in the past that looked really good till you saw them moving

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    I admid is better than the starting Wii games of 2006, but now I think is equal than some Wii games launched this year, Tenchu, Musroom Men and Ghostbusters have better graphics than this, plus can you tell me who is the developer. Probably I send a email to them, asking if they can start making Wii games.

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887

Member #
    Friends
    dude, stockmode, you are getting pretty nutso now. it starting to be ridiculous. making an iphone game is ALOT bifferent than making a wii game.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    I really don't care what system, tv, etc your are talking about, screenshots are a bullshit way to judge a game graphically. All the issues already pointed out in this thread.

Motion changes everything. Framerate, resolution, etc... still images *should* look ****ing fantastic, regardless of the rest of the crap. But if you are using a few screenshots to judge the finished product... good luck with that.

Sort of like game commercials that only show the beautiful and amazing cut scene footage from a game, and never show the REAL gameplay... I hope you don't buy games based off that crap or screenshots...

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Well... do you have a 50" computer monitor?? Last time I tried to open a screenshot that big my 20" monitor exploded and the image jumped out of the screen and pounced right at me!!

Regardless, the 8GB iPod Touch is only $225 now. It is an immensely more powerful gaming platform, plus it's an iPod, mobile internet browser, backup drive, photo gallery, video viewer, etc.
    Ummm.... So is the New DSi......
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    Well... do you have a 50" computer monitor?? Last time I tried to open a screenshot that big my 20" monitor exploded and the image jumped out of the screen and pounced right at me!!

Ummm.... So is the New DSi......
    I don't think you guys understand. If the iPhone game would look worse blown up bigger based on the screenshot, so should Wii games assuming the screenshots are of the same size.

The DSi is what? It doesn't do anything the iPhone/Touch does.
    SSBB FC: 2621-2267-8681

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I don't think you guys understand. If the iPhone game would look worse blown up bigger based on the screenshot, so should Wii games assuming the screenshots are of the same size.

The DSi is what? It doesn't do anything the iPhone/Touch does.
    Well theres the general "touch" thing. It also has a camera and you can download music. You can play (better) games on it and send messages to friends. It has internet browsing capabilities and a general online play feature. Also you can record voice/sound and edit it in all sorts of ways which I'm not sure if the i-phone can do. It has a forcast channel and a news channel like the Wii. Also later it will include Gameboy games for download, like its own little Virtual Console.

In fact, all the iPhone has on the DSi is that... well it's a phone.

Ads