LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

X isn't hardcore because...

I got this idea from reading a post on what games qualify as "hardcore" that reminded me of an old George Carlin routine. I'm going to post games that aren't "hardcore" with reasons listed. Feel free to add your own. This is all in good fun. Don't take it seriously. I'm not confining it to Wii games specifically but will focus mostly on them:

-Wii Sports isn't hardcore because anyone can do it. My grandma can play Wii Sports. You don't see her on the cover of EGM.

-Some people think SF IV is hardcore but it's not because there's no chance of death, unless you hustle someone in an arcade in a rough neighborhood.

-Zelda isn't hardcore because you don't start out with a weapon and that goes against all hardcore logic.

-RE: Umbrella Chronicles isn't hardcore because you can't move around on your own. Anything that won't let you move on your own can't be hardcore.

-Bomberman Land isn't hardcore because it's a variation of Mario Party. All party games are a variation of Mario Party. Bomberman Land is subpar Mario Party played with too many unlockables and lack of fun games while wearing silly costumes.

-Wii Fit isn't hardcore because you can't use your arms. Any game where you can't use your arms isn't hardcore.

-Mario Galaxy isn't hardcore because Romanians are good at it.

Go ahead and come up with a few of your own...

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    sigh

More hardcore nonsense
    Just

and enjoy the games.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
    -Wii Sports isn't hardcore because anyone can do it. My grandma can play Wii Sports. You don't see her on the cover of EGM.

-Some people think SF IV is hardcore but it's not because there's no chance of death, unless you hustle someone in an arcade in a rough neighborhood.

-Zelda isn't hardcore because you don't start out with a weapon and that goes against all hardcore logic.

-RE: Umbrella Chronicles isn't hardcore because you can't move around on your own. Anything that won't let you move on your own can't be hardcore.

-Bomberman Land isn't hardcore because it's a variation of Mario Party. All party games are a variation of Mario Party. Bomberman Land is subpar Mario Party played with too many unlockables and lack of fun games while wearing silly costumes.

-Wii Fit isn't hardcore because you can't use your arms. Any game where you can't use your arms isn't hardcore.

Good thing I'm not "hardcore"!!
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    Wow, tough crowd. I'm not "hardcore" either. In fact, I was poking fun at the concept. In the hardcore sales post, someone mentioned that Zelda wasn't hardcore because their wife liked the game. What?! There's no definitive definition because the concept is downright absurd. I just thought it'd be fun to poke a stick at the absurdity by introducing equally insane reasons a game may not be "hardcore." For what it's worth, I do enjoy every game I listed (though Bomberman Land is a bit disappointing at times and doesn't hold a candle to Mario Party).

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Wow, tough crowd. I'm not "hardcore" either. In fact,
    Im not a hardcore fan.

I like rock me.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post
    sigh

More hardcore nonsense
    Just
    STHU
    and enjoy the games.
    Whoosh!

And there we have the winner of both the "didn't read the original post" and the "sense of humour bypass" awards...

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk] View Post
    Whoosh!

And there we have the winner of both the "didn't read the original post" and the "sense of humour bypass" awards...
    I don't blame him. Most threads with the word hardcore in the title and is a bit long winded is 99% of the time some rant about hardcore/casual bullshit.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    I don't blame him. Most threads with the word hardcore in the title and is a bit long winded is 99% of the time some rant about hardcore/casual bullshit.
    True, but that's what hal2814 was poking fun at...

Some people get so caught up on the casual/hardcore crap, I think the better way of seeing it is "does this game appeal to me" and "is it fun".

Member #
    Friends
    I got this idea from reading a post on what games qualify as "hardcore" that reminded me of an old George Carlin routine. I'm going to post games that aren't "hardcore" with reasons listed. Feel free to add your own. This is all in good fun. Don't take it seriously. I'm not confining it to Wii games specifically but will focus mostly on them:

Go ahead and come up with a few of your own...
    If you were going for funny, you missed.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk] View Post
    Whoosh!

And here we have a failed attempt at humor post

A bit like the op

But you could get a job as a writer for US sit coms

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Ads