LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The 360 controller is a piece of crap. Even the PS controller is better.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SlaYer84 View Post
    I think that gamecube had the best controller. It perfectly fit my hand , and was great for super smash brothers
    I didn't have a Gamecube, but I hated the controller. It was because of the a, b, etc buttons, I think they weren't in a logic position. Maybe it's just me. As for the best, I think the ps controller must be it (if we don't take in count wii's), it even stays the same today.

Member #
    Friends
    the gamecube controller had a terrible design. the xbox360 is very comfortable in the hand, the ps ones not so much. the 64 was good, except for the inability to use the analog & dpad at the same time (easily).
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    2203-4010-4880-5050
    Seriously guys, ur arguing on what controll is better. Don't u guys got anything better to do? I sure do and it's called LIFE! I'm jk it's called brawl, halo 3, world at war, and a little topping of gta.
    Oh and btw vice city is the best gta, there, something reasonable to talk about. Oh and btw, ps3 and 360 controllers are almost the same so why argue over it? But I can't wait till conduit comes out. I hope u can use wii speak publicly online, not just "friends". Peace

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow3401 View Post
    Seriously guys, you areur arguing on what controller is best. Don't you guys
    Spoiler Alert!
    have anything better to do? I sure do and it's called LIFE! I'm J K it's called brawl, halo 3, world at war, and a little topping of gta.
    Ok Jamiroquai I fixed you post up a bit.

The best controller ever is dependent of the game its used for.
    You wouldn't use the Atari paddles for Street fighter would you?
    Yet there perfect for a game of Warlords

If I may ask?
    Whens the next single out?

Oh and btw vice city is the best gta, there, something reasonable to talk about. Oh and btw, ps3 and 360 controllers are almost the same so why argue over it?

A like and yet not alike
    For something to be classed as looking the same they first must at least look the same

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Controller usefulness depends quite a lot on the game played with it.

Of course theres the exception of the truly horrifying controllers. Like the one Prinny showed us all some posts back. Cannot be bothered to look up the system it's for.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids View Post
    Controller usefulness depends quite a lot on the game played with it.

Of course theres the exception of the truly horrifying controllers. Like the one Prinny showed us all some posts back. Cannot be bothered to look up the system it's for.
    Intellivision
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32245.html
    It had some good games (beam rider being one of them)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    The PS controller like the 360??? BAH!

Switching the D pad with the left analog stick was the smartest thing Microsoft did, and Sony still isn't smart enough to figure it out. Just because the PS controllers look the same from PS1 to PS3, doesn't make them better, it makes them familiar... Also notice the 360 has triggers, and NOT two sets of bumpers? Those triggers are what makes it even greater. For driving games, they are your brakes and gas, and you have variable control, like with real pedals... the PS controller with it buttons, it's all or nothing...

As for the other posts, yeah I agree for the most part, the controller is dependant on the game. That's why I still say the N64 were the worst ever. Try playing Mortal Kombat with that controller and you'll see why. I can't possibly imagine a single game the N64 controllers would be better on. The best use I suppose would be N64 VC games... I'll *assume* that with the GameCube cable to N64 controller that would work, even though the VC games don't list an N64 controller... I'm assuming they would appear as GameCube controllers. Again, I'd rather use the Cube controllers, especially since I have some that are wireless...

I remember I couldn't wait to get my hands on a N64 system when they came out. My very first reaction was WTF are these controllers??? I never liked em, and the system sat and collected dust... They were the main reason I bought a Sega Saturn and a 3DO system... Somebody earlier mentioned the SNES controllers as best... I think that was my problem maybe, going from those to N64... NES to SNES was smooth. SNES to N64 was like running into a wall, they changed so much, and that 3 pronged design just didn't fit my hands or work for me.
    Last edited by sprinter; 05-03-2009 at 08:24 AM.

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Member #
    Friends
    By using the Wii adapter cable to use a N64 controller(or Hori controller for the Wii), would this controller work for all games or just the ones that show on the back of the game case controller will work? I was wanting to use a controller for the Tiger Woods pga tour 09 game.

Member #
    Friends
    I used to hold my N64 controller by gripping the middle prong with my left hand and holding the right prong with my right hand to press buttons. I know that was wrong but who cares. I was a little kid.

Ads