Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by OutKastGmr View Post
    By using the Wii adapter cable to use a N64 controller(or Hori controller for the Wii), would this controller work for all games or just the ones that show on the back of the game case controller will work? I was wanting to use a controller for the Tiger Woods pga tour 09 game.
    Just the ones that show the controller on the back

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Hero View Post
    I used to hold my N64 controller by gripping the middle prong with my left hand and holding the right prong with my right hand to press buttons. I know that was wrong but who cares. I was a little kid.
    You mean that isn't the right way to hold it... How else are you supposed to use it...

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
    The PS controller like the 360??? BAH!

Switching the D pad with the left analog stick was the smartest thing Microsoft did, and Sony still isn't smart enough to figure it out. Just because the PS controllers look the same from PS1 to PS3, doesn't make them better, it makes them familiar... Also notice the 360 has triggers, and NOT two sets of bumpers? Those triggers are what makes it even greater. For driving games, they are your brakes and gas, and you have variable control, like with real pedals... the PS controller with it buttons, it's all or nothing...
    Haven't tried a 360's controller, so I can't compare them. I just think that ps' controllers are very good and that might be the reason their shape remains.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I didn't have a Gamecube, but I hated the controller. It was because of the a, b, etc buttons, I think they weren't in a logic position. Maybe it's just me. As for the best, I think the ps controller must be it (if we don't take in count wii's), it even stays the same today.
    Ok...to set the records straight. The idea behind the Gamecube controller was actually a highly intuitive one. The button placement makes total sense (more sense than most controllers actually), I'm not saying it was perfect (it had a lot of errors) but they did get a lot of things right. First of all the A button is huge cause that's where you rest your thumb, the Y and X buttons are curved to fit the natural outline of the top and side of your thumb. The B button was made small for easy access from the small bit of thumb not resting on the A button. The L and R triggers were amazing. They were curved inward which is the natural way your fingers are positioned on any trigger. These shining bright spots were often overlooked and mocked by the media. Everyone looked at it and just said "Damn that sure looks stupid" and then passed on it. The only "real" faults with the design were the small D-pad and the Analog sticks which got uncomfortable at times and can leave you with blistered fingers after extremely long play sessions.

In conclusion, Gamecube had a good controller, most people just didn't give it a chance.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    Ok...to set the records straight. The idea behind the Gamecube controller was actually a highly intuitive one. The button placement makes total sense (more sense than most controllers actually), I'm not saying it was perfect (it had a lot of errors) but they did get a lot of things right. First of all the A button is huge cause that's where you rest your thumb, the Y and X buttons are curved to fit the natural outline of the top and side of your thumb. The B button was made small for easy access from the small bit of thumb not resting on the A button. The L and R triggers were amazing. They were curved inward which is the natural way your fingers are positioned on any trigger. These shining bright spots were often overlooked and mocked by the media. Everyone looked at it and just said "Damn that sure looks stupid" and then passed on it. The only "real" faults with the design were the small D-pad and the Analog sticks which got uncomfortable at times and can leave you with blistered fingers after extremely long play sessions.

In conclusion, Gamecube had a good controller, most people just didn't give it a chance.
    Good points. I don't have anything against the shapes of the buttons, in fact, as you've stated, they're very well adapted to the hand's shape. It's the position which really bothers me. Maybe because I'm used to have the buttons the classic way, in a cross, like any other normal controller (like snes, ps, n64's "c" buttons and almost any other). That's why when I play with that unusual position for buttons, it freaks me out and I forget which is each button. Maybe it's a matter of practice, which I don't have at all.

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Insane people and their controller knowledge!! Controller mania.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Ads