LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Question About WII Music

I purchased this game for my younger children and wondered if it was possible for them to use the guitar or drums from WII Rock Band World Tour with it?

Thank you,

Jo

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoMaMa View Post
    I purchased this game for my younger children and wondered if it was possible for them to use the guitar or drums from WII Rock Band World Tour with it?

Thank you,

Jo
    No, it's a different type of game entirely.

Member #
    Friends
    In my opinion your kids would have much more fun with Either "Rock Band 2" Or "Guitar Hero World Tour" , you can buy both with just the guitar which is great fun,and also you have the option to buy the whole kit - drums/Guitar/Microphone.

Of course that only my opinion

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
    No, it's a different type of game entirely.

This is correct.

TBH Wii music is more about gently learning music theory while having a laugh than high scores and prancing around with a controller shaped like a guitar. Once you all get into it you'll forget that it's just a wiimote and 'chuk

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff View Post
    This is correct.

TBH Wii music is more about gently learning music theory while having a laugh than high scores and prancing around with a controller shaped like a guitar. Once you all get into it you'll forget that it's just a wiimote and 'chuk

Little bit harsh,never once have i or anyone who has had a go round mine ever Pranced around,its more about the choice of music than anything,some great songs to play to and now rock band 2 give you the choice to download songs.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by =Sixpack= View Post
    Little bit harsh,never once have i or anyone who has had a go round mine ever Pranced around,its more about the choice of music than anything,some great songs to play to and now rock band 2 give you the choice to download songs.
    Any 'prancing' is because you are getting into the game and do actually feel like you are playing along with the band (ie: holding a 'real' guitar, hearing the actual song and guitar noises, getting boo'd off for playing badly etc).

On the other hand why would anyone want to fiddle with a wiimote along to god-awful copyright-free (ie: old and crap) midi songs in Wii music? A lot of the songs in Wii music are lullabies and kid's tunes aren't they? Rock on!

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    2.65 million copies sold .. .. ..

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff View Post
    2.65 million copies sold .. .. ..
    Certainly doesn't mean it's good.

But it obviously appeals to a wide audience so it's probably not to say "which is better - wii music or guitar hero" and rather say "which would I enjoy"...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hencam[uk] View Post
    On the other hand why would anyone want to fiddle with a wiimote along to god-awful copyright-free (ie: old and crap) midi songs in Wii music? A lot of the songs in Wii music are lullabies and kid's tunes aren't they? Rock on!
    As the OP said it was for their younger children it sounds like Wii Music will be perfect for them.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    As the OP said it was for their younger children it sounds like Wii Music will be perfect for them.
    Depends... my two younger nephews love a bit of multiplayer Guitar Hero World Tour.

EcoMaMa, how old are your children? That would probably help us be able to tell if the GH/RB games would be suitable or not...

Ads