LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3239-0851-6759-1030
    I'm really looking forward to this announcement. I hope Bethesda puts a lot of time into the title so it can even be half as good as Fallout 3 (assuming it's an RPG).

Playstation Network: yanks96
    Steam I.D: yankees96
    Xbox LIVE: dotKev
    Xfire: yanks96
    My Twitter Account

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Quote Originally Posted by RivalDestiny View Post
    Can you ever go without putting the words hardcore and blood in there?
    Can I really be the only one??

[quotewdoublei]From the quote it says it won't be hardcore(what ever your definition of that is). And Caliko why are you such a negative nancy? A Debbie Downer?[/quote]

Cuz I play games to have FUN and all I hear on these forums are "hArdCor3" gamers yap about "Red Steel doesn't have blood so it's not a good game" or "I'll buy this only if it's rated M" or "the casuals are ruining gaming as we know it!!!" I also can't help but shake my head at those who play GTA to feel tough and turn down amazing platformers like Mario Galaxy because "teh too kiddy counsel".
    Who's the Nancy? You decide.

P.S. Did anyone actually read the article? They're implying it's gonna be a "hardcore" bloodbath.
    Last edited by Caliko; 05-19-2009 at 12:31 AM.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    3175-9467-6599-1772
    The landscapes of Oblivion or Fallout 3 won't look too pretty on Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    3428-8826-2456-3690
    the landscapes in fallout are not meant to look pretty

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    This is one of the reasons why PS3/360 fanboys hate the Wii. Hardcore game developers jumping on the Wii bandwagon.
    Yeah, finnaly one of these Wii/xbox360 or Wii/ps3 acepted his hungry!!

Now, only rest IDSoftware and Epic games jump the Wii bandwagon, I talk to you John Carmack and Mike Capps!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by stickmode View Post
    Yeah, finnaly one of these Wii/xbox360 or Wii/ps3 acepted his hungry!!

Now, only rest IDSoftware and Epic games jump the Wii bandwagon, I talk to you John Carmack and Mike Capps!!
    It isn't that John Carmack isn't interested in developing games for the wii.

MTV Multiplayer: Youíve said in the past that you donít think id titles will be on the Wii. Is that still the case?

Carmack: Interestingly, I actually spend far more time playing Wii with my four year-old boy than I do with any other game console. So Iím definitely sympathetic to the platform. But ďRageĒ is not a viable option on the Wii because of the technology. Weíve been pitched and talked about a project to do a title that would fit well on the Wii, and itís actually related to an iPhone title that weíre doing. But thatís still kind of up in the air as to what other developer we would partner with on there. Iíd like to do something there, because I love a lot of what Nintendo has done with the Wii and the DS, but itís just out of sync with the developments that are currently going on at id.

MTV Multiplayer: Do you feel youíd have to create a new IP? Or at least a new game from the ground up for the Wii?

Carmack: Yeah, it would have to be a completely different game. We would use one of our existing IPs where we have a little bit of leverage. Itís not something that really any of our titles, that are under development currently would be appropriate for.

Epic games already said they aren't developing for the system.

Member #
    Friends
    Morrowind would run fine on Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T View Post
    Fair enough.

Fallout or Oblivion though? Lol.
    Bethesda said it was a really big game and either of those would fit the description. If they made an RPG with graphics close to Zelda:TP or Rune Factory then it would be impressive.

Of course it would have to be specifically designed for the Wii so hopefully it'll be a spin off or an original IP, not a downgraded port or something on rails.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Bethesda said it was a really big game and either of those would fit the description. If they made an RPG with graphics close to Zelda:TP or Rune Factory then it would be impressive.

Of course it would have to be specifically designed for the Wii so hopefully it'll be a spin off or an original IP, not a downgraded port or something on rails.
    They would need to make it an original IP as anything with 'Fallout' or 'The Elder Scrolls' on it will be compared the the PS3/360 versions, and will therefore be a shadow of them.

Member #
    Friends
    Comparisons are often inevitable, unless a Wii version is actually better, in which case they are ignored.

A spin off of either TES or Fallout would work. They could sell it on the name recognition but keep it different enough that it wouldn't be unfairly compared.

The Wii doesn't have to have the shiniest graphics to be the best version of a game though (subject to opinion). If a game is well designed then the control set can make up for the graphical deficiencies and offer a different form of immersion (i.e. Godfather, SW:TFU). Given the type of combat in Oblivion, a Wii version with sword swinging gameplay could be great if done properly.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Ads