LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Can you recommend a good driving game

I am new to the Wii. And one of the first games I'd like to buy is a good driving game. I would prefer something that is more realistic with the cars and action that has really good graphics.

Also, if you can recommend a good website that has product reviews and screen shots that would help too.

Thanks!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I couldn't really recommend any serious driving games on the Wii, it is a rather weak area.

The best (of a bad bunch) is probably Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli.

Alternatively you could wait for either Dirt 2 (September) or Need For Speed Nitro (Q3) and see if they are any good.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    I couldn't really recommend any serious driving games on the Wii, it is a rather weak area.

The best (of a bad bunch) is probably Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcc1CbgZyRM

Alternatively you could wait for either Dirt 2 (September) or Need For Speed Nitro (Q3) and see if they are any good.
    Agreed!

The only racing game i am playing on my Wii is F-Zero GX (Gamecube Disc),great game.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    the only racing game i got is Mario Kart

Member #
    Friends
    IGN UK have a preview of Codemaster's F1 2009. Apparantly it is exclusive to Wii and PSP so there's no HD competition to compare it to (until next year).

The preview is quite positive and it should be a serious racer. Whether it lives up to the preview or not we wont know until Q3.
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/985/985404p1.html

Racing sims have always been rather weak on Nintendo consoles, they tend to get more of the arcade type. The Wii looks no different so far with Mario Kart, Excite Truck, Excitebots, Speed Racer, NASCAR Kart Racing, MX vs ATV and NFS.

Quote Originally Posted by =Sixpack= View Post
    The only racing game i am playing on my Wii is F-Zero GX (Gamecube Disc),great game.
    F-Zero is indeed great, I'd really love Nintendo to announce a new one for the Wii at E3. Speed Racer is supposed to be quite similar in its style though, so if I ever see it for a cheap price I might pick it up.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Ads