LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

You non believers (RE5 Wii)

A few members of Wii chat argued that this couldnt be....I always felt optimistic
    http://thenintendo.com/2009/05/wii-r...l-5-undecided/

The source is Reuters Japan.

This game was once said impossible on Wii and that not even the title screen could be done.

My 2 cents:
    I had speculated that once the sales of PS360 versions of RE5 & SF IV were maximized for a few months (in order to make back the money spent to make them) that maybe then (cheaper) Wii versions would be announced. I mean, you wouldn't want to announce either of those games on Wii and hurt potential PS360 sales until after yo made our money back on them.

Member #
    Friends
    Error 404 - Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    I see nothing... Fix the link if it's real, if not, stop hoping...

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    http://thenintendo.com/2009/05/wii-r...l-5-undecided/

In a question by Reuters JP, Capcom’s Kazuhiko Abe while talking up sales of Resident Evil 5 for the XBOX360 and PS3,commented on Resident Evil 5 coming to the Wii by saying “We haven’t decided [sic] to offer it or not.”

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    It can't be done. RE5 cannot be played on a Nintendo Wii.

A ported game, like Dead Rising: CTYD, would have to be made in order for the Wii to receive it. And after recent sales of certain games I doubt they'll go for it.

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

A ported game, like Dead Rising: CTYD, would have to be made in order for the Wii to receive it. And after recent sales of certain games I doubt they'll go for it.
    Well it's obviously not gonna be the same game... It would be a graphically toned down make for the Wii....
    It;s not like they would take the same game and add Wii controls, they would have to start from the ground up using the RE:4 engine or something like that...

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by bamblakopz View Post
    Well it's obviously not gonna be the same game... It would be a graphically toned down make for the Wii....
    It;s not like they would take the same game and add Wii controls, they would have to start from the ground up using the RE:4 engine or something like that...
    They'd have to heavily modify it though, because as far as I know MT Frame work 2.0 had a complete overhaul for RE5.

The whole system of the game would be toned down, physics, AI, etc. Even though RE isn't famous for AI it's still on a superior engine.

Online would more than likely be taken away too.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

I don't see why a Wii version couldn't be done using the RE:4 engine. They might have to lose a few features like online co-op (or leave them out due to laziness) but it controls the same as RE:4 and the levels are no bigger (actually mostly smaller).

Not that I'm bothered whether RE:5 comes to the Wii or not as RE:4 is a much better game anyway.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    DUH!! Of course it can be done on Wii!

I'm on the fence with Capcom right now. They seem to be ditching Nintendo lately with lazy ports and skipping Wii when it comes to their blockbusters.

I will buy IF and ONLY IF they build an engine from the ground up for the game or at least use somebody else's Wii engine(Quantum 3). None of this Gamecube engine stuff they've been doing lately.

hate how they say Twilight Princess is the same game on Wii as it is on Gamecube(Gamecube game with motion controls tacked on), but as soon as you mention RE4 they talk about how spectacular Capcom did and how it's WAAAY different. It's just a gamecube game with Motion controls tacked on.

Take a second from milking the cash cow and actually put in some effort like High Voltage.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    I'm on the fence with Capcom right now. They seem to be ditching Nintendo lately with lazy ports and skipping Wii when it comes to their blockbusters.

I will buy IF and ONLY IF they build an engine from the ground up for the game or at least use somebody else's Wii engine(Quantum 3). None of this Gamecube engine stuff they've been doing lately.
    I kind of feel the same way. Capcom was awesome when the Wii first launched, releasing ports of good games like RE:4 or Okami and new IPs like Zack & Wiki. They really haven't moved on from there though and their recent titles have been subpar to say the least.

It wouldn't bother me too much if they did just reuse the RE:4 engine for RE:5, as the games are not really that different other than the inclusion of online and co-op. I doubt I'd buy it anyway as it left me rather cold when I played it on the 360 and I think that they really need to make changes for the next edition.

If they bring Tatsunoko vs Capcom over to the west I'll forgive them though.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Ads