LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwind View Post
    I don't think they are lazy. They made about 11 games to include Online play. A lot of Online games for the Wii are basically score boards and stuff like that. In addition, there are plenty of DS games made by Nintendo that have Online play.
    I think the more obvious answer is that they didn't see the point in working for months just to add online play to MP2's not-that-popular multiplayer mode.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain View Post
    I think the more obvious answer is that they didn't see the point in working for months just to add online play to MP2's not-that-popular multiplayer mode.
    Who ever said it had to be Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer mode that had online features? They could added a new Multiplayer section that could have been viable and popular. The extra effort would be worth it.

Also to be noted, the controls for Metroid Prime 2 didn't adapt well for multiplayer. The Wii remote could do wonders to add multiplayer depth to the game.
    Last edited by Godwind; 05-22-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Who ever said it had to be Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer mode that had online features? They could added a new Multiplayer section that could have been viable and popular. The extra effort would be worth it.

Also to be noted, the controls for Metroid Prime 2 didn't adapt well for multiplayer. The Wii remote could do wonders to add multiplayer depth to the game.
    I was going to say the exact same thing earlier but was busy.

Building an all new in dept online mode like Hunters would have been a HUUGE selling point even for those who say they won't buy ths because they already own the trilogy on separate discs.

Does Nintendo not know that this game could potentially sell 5M more copies if they added a whole new online component alone?
    The online push would be enough to cover ALL production costs and online features.

But this announcement and lack of online really makes me wonder what rabbits their planning to pull at E3. It has to be HUGE. Think about it, E3 is about 2 weeks away, why didn't they hold off this announcement until then? Probably because they have way bigger tricks up their sleeve.
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post
    There you go Metroid fans
    This new Metroid game isnt new
    ahem, Samus aint no Space Pirate. Looks like the new Metroid isn't this collection.

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    I don't think they are lazy. They made about 11 games to include Online play. A lot of Online games for the Wii are basically score boards and stuff like that. In addition, there are plenty of DS games made by Nintendo that have Online play.
    As some of you will know im not a big fan of online multi as I like to see the face of the person im against.
    But there are people that would love some online Metroid play
    Nintendo are lazy with there online things on the Wii
    Note I said Wii HUH HUH HUH HUH HUH

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    im gonna buy despite i have em on GC and 3 on wii. i already planned on buying 1 and 2 for the wii with "new play controll", which would have been $29.99 each, totaling $60, so this is a deal either way. plus i LOVE MP1 and havent beaten 2.

HOWEVER i want the fusion siut on 1 back.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    No offense but that would be bullshite

Nintendo are lazy with there online things on the Wii
    Although I don't disagree with your statement, I don't think it should apply to Metroid Prime Trilogy's lack of online Multiplayer support. In the end this package is a reboot of the classics and apart of the New Play Control series. The originals didn't have online multiplayer and so these versions won't as well. I think this package is awesome...all 3 games for $50. They could have just released Prime 1 and 2 as NPC titles for $30 each, but they didn't. So let's be happy that they released a good collection of Hardcore titles on Wii.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    As some of you will know im not a big fan of online multi as I like to see the face of the person im against.
    But there are people that would love some online Metroid play
    That is because you are a die hard fan of the fighting genre.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ↑i also like to actually see who i'm fighting and i play many genre's. i think its better cause then you can get to know the person rather than being online where it just play, play, play

Member #
    Friends
    I'm definitely picking this up! Definitely rocks that all 3 are on one disc, all 3 have Prime3 controls, and all three have trophies like prime3. I've also read that the bloom-lighting from 3 has been added to 1&2 and the load-times for 1&2 have been sped up.

Ads