LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

CoD: modern warfare 2

Doesnt appear to be coming to wii. Check out the main website, no wii logo at the bottom:

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

The Conduit - 5327-8743-2704
    ssbb - 2535-7739-8758
    mario kart wii - 3867-1976-3744
    Mario Strikers - 395320-046916
    CoD: WaW: 326602241159
    mertroid ds - 3609-5846-2731
    PM me to exchange codes

Wii: WaW, ssbb, mario kart, mario galaxy, wii fit, sports, ddr2, rock band 1, monkey ball, RE4, links crossbow, house of dead 2+3, mario strikers, punch out, the conduit

DS: Mortal Kombat, metroid, brain age 2, new smb, contra 4, trauma center 2

xbox 360 - SF4, halo 3 (gamertag: njsurfing)

Member #
    Friends
    ive been saying that for months. the logo hasnt been there in ages.
    Wii Games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Heatseeker, Excite Truck, Wii Play, NHL 2k9, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Strikers Charged, Shaun White Snowboarding, The Bigs, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ghost Squad, Call of Duty: World at War, Wii Sports Resort, Punch-out!

VC: Wave Race 64

Homebrew Channel

Member #
    Friends
    2576-9848-2040-2882
    darn, i may have to crack down and buy a 360...game looks awesome
    <insert hilarious signature here>

Member #
    Friends
    Omg.. This game looks amazing!! Please come to Wii!!

Member #
    Friends
    yea, im actually really surprised its not. WaW sold over 1 million copies on wii, so basically they know they can match that at the very least. Ive never heard of a company not making as much money as possible. They need to take advantage of the CoD series while they can because its popularity will not last forever. its a bad business model not to make this game for wii.

its not worth buying a ps3/xbox for just this game. no game is worth several hundred dollars. i would rather put that amount of money into savings than blow it on one video game.

ssbb - 2535-7739-8758
    PM me to exchange codes

Wii: WaW, ssbb, mario kart, mario galaxy, wii fit, sports, ddr2, rock band 1, monkey ball, RE4, links crossbow, house of dead 2+3, mario strikers, punch out, the conduit

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbull View Post
    yea, im actually really surprised its not. WaW sold over 1 million copies on wii, so basically they know they can match that at the very least. Ive never heard of a company not making as much money as possible. They need to take advantage of the CoD series while they can because its popularity will not last forever. its a bad business model not to make this game for wii.

its not worth buying a ps3/xbox for just this game. no game is worth several hundred dollars. i would rather put that amount of money into savings than blow it on one video game.
    Totally agree, there are very few games that I would seriously consider paying up to $300 for. Personally I would buy the PC version anyway.

It is rather up in the air still as to whether COD:MW2 will be coming to the Wii or not as there has been no official announcement either way yet.

Some stores have a placemarker for a Wii version, some don't. Even though the official site doesn't have the Wii logo that doesn't make it conclusive as it is for IW who wouldn't be making the Wii version anyway, if there is one it would be made by Treyarch again. Some Spanish websites have posted that it is coming to the Wii but whether there is any fact to this or if it is just speculation is unknown.

It would seem strange not to have COD:MW2 on Wii seeing as they already ported the COD4 engine over. It could be that there will be a Wii version that will release at a later date than the 360/PS3/PC ones, although that doesn't make much sense if they want to maximise sales.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    3239-0851-6759-1030
    Somebody call stickmode.

Playstation Network: yanks96
    Steam I.D: yankees96
    Xbox LIVE: dotKev
    Xfire: yanks96
    My Twitter Account

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    Totally agree, there are very few games that I would seriously consider paying up to $300 for. Personally I would buy the PC version anyway.

It is rather up in the air still as to whether COD:MW2 will be coming to the Wii or not as there has been no official announcement either way yet.

Some stores have a placemarker for a Wii version, some don't. Even though the official site doesn't have the Wii logo that doesn't make it conclusive as it is for IW who wouldn't be making the Wii version anyway, if there is one it would be made by Treyarch again. Some Spanish websites have posted that it is coming to the Wii but whether there is any fact to this or if it is just speculation is unknown.

It would seem strange not to have COD:MW2 on Wii seeing as they already ported the COD4 engine over. It could be that there will be a Wii version that will release at a later date than the 360/PS3/PC ones, although that doesn't make much sense if they want to maximise sales.
    COD:Modern Warfare 2 isn't the only reason why you should pay a few hundred bucks on a PS3. It's the COD series from 4 to World at War to Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear, etc. The Wii controls are better but the PS3 graphics are top of the line amazing and the extra content will keep you playing for a very long time.
    Add Blu-ray, free online, and maybe a price drop or a bundle by holiday season, everybody who can afford a few hundred bucks should have one. You have no idea what you're missing out. Specially if you have a big hdtv. Buy it at Target, try it out for 90 days, if you don't think it's worth it then return it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    COD:Modern Warfare 2 isn't the only reason why you should pay a few hundred bucks on a PS3. It's the COD series from 4 to World at War to Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear, etc. The Wii controls are better but the PS3 graphics are top of the line amazing and the extra content will keep you playing for a very long time.
    Add Blu-ray, free online, and maybe a price drop or a bundle by holiday season, everybody who can afford a few hundred bucks should have one. You have no idea what you're missing out. Specially if you have a big hdtv. Buy it at Target, try it out for 90 days, if you don't think it's worth it then return it.
    I have a PS3 and my play time ratio of my Wii to my PS3 is about 65:35. I don't know, I just like my Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head when you said the wii controls are better and the ps3 is great on a a big hdtv. I love using the gun with CoD WaW. I dont see myself using other types of controls for a FPS ever again. And I do not have a HDTV, just a regular. Although, If I had to choose between the ps3 or xbox, i would go xbox. I dont think blue ray is enticing. 90% of the movies i watch are streamed from netflix or ondemand, so i dont even need a dvd player anymore.

ssbb - 2535-7739-8758
    PM me to exchange codes

Ads