LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Yeah I agree with you Maximo. If Nintendo can throw that much money at a dormant company like Monolith then I'm sure they can drop them and sign on a Hot company like High Voltage. But hopefully SEGA will stay interested and will continue to publish High Voltage games.
    Last edited by Dzapper; 05-28-2009 at 12:12 PM.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    I tell you!!

I WILL SUPPORT EVERY HARDCORE GAME FOR Wii SPECIALLY FROM HVS!!

HVS consider me sold, I will buy all of your games, I promise it!!

Continue to promote the hardcore games on Wii and never stop!!

And finally will be beat the hardcore market on the xbox360/ps3 counterparts...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Yet you got a company thats hell bent on bringing good quality games to the Wii thats constantly struggling for a publisher,
    I wouldn't say they're struggling for a publisher really. They said before that with The Conduit they avoided being tied to a publisher into very late in development so that they were free to take the game in the direction they wanted to. I don't think they'll have a problem finding publishers for their other games. It costs a whole lot of money to develop games and they wouldn't take that much of a financial risk if they thought it would be hard to find a publisher.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I wouldn't say they're struggling for a publisher really. They said before that with The Conduit they avoided being tied to a publisher into very late in development so that they were free to take the game in the direction they wanted to. I don't think they'll have a problem finding publishers for their other games. It costs a whole lot of money to develop games and they wouldn't take that much of a financial risk if they thought it would be hard to find a publisher.
    Yeah you bring up a good point. I think HVS knew that somebody would publish The Conduit. And I'm sure someone will Publish Gladiator and The Grinder. I'm beginning to get more worried about how these games will fare with the ESRB. I just saw some screenshot of Galdiator A.D. (FULL DISMEMBERMENT!!! ) if the ESRB was going to slap Manhunt 2 with an AO then I'm afraid to see what will happen with Gladiator A.D. I haven't seen any screens of The Grinder, but if it's anywhere near as violent as Gladiator A.D. then it could run into the same issue.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Skippy your missing my point.

My point is these games are useless to us without a publisher. No publisher no game on retail shelves. They dont need the publisher to develop the game as seen with the conduit they do just ,and better than they would with a publisher breathing down their neck.

Still though the publisher is a necessary evil right now to get the game on store shelves ,and without one it worries me that we're getting hyped for these great looking games way too early.

And stickmode...um what the hell...that was completely off the mark of what we are talking about. Did you just read HVS games ,and decide to gush your professed love for them.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    First off lets talk 1st party titles. Why is it Nintendo has suddenly seen it fit to announce a title only less than 6 months from release then release with it barely any advertising.

Now on developer side of things. I thought with as much work HVS did with Nintendo for the Conduit they would of been a 2nd party developer already. I mean Nintendo bought into Monolith for what? 1 Wii game which hasnt even been given a chance in the states. So all that money for what ,and has Monolith done on Wii since then? NOTHING.
    The lack of advertising for Wii games (both 1st and 3rd party) is quite perplexing. It does seem that they only advertise the top tier Nintendo titles such as Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart and Wii Fit. In fact they are the only Wii games I've ever seen TV spots for. I know that a large chunk of a AAA games budget goes on advertising, so maybe they don't think that lesser titles are worth promoting but if they don't then it's not suprising that they don't sell as well. I don't think that it is a coincidence that those top selling Wii titles are the only ones that have had concentrated adverts.

I'm not sure if Nintendo's strategy for announcing games has changed or not as I don't really remember how much in advance they used to announce them before the Wii.

As for Nintendo signing up HVS, well they actually are still relatively unproven at the moment. They've only released some average WiiWare titles and a few kids games, nothing of any real quality.

It is hard to judge them on their back catalogue either as most of their titles were licensed games that had set release dates regardless of whether the game was finished or not. HVS went as far as stating that as a reason for them going it alone with The Conduit. Perhaps if The Conduit is as good as it is hyped up to be and gets decent sales then Nintendo will consider signing them.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    As for Nintendo signing up HVS, well they actually are still relatively unproven at the moment. They've only released some average WiiWare titles and a few kids games, nothing of any real quality.
    Yeah I think this is the key. Even though we are very hyped over High Voltage Software, as far as titles they have released, they haven't had too good of a track record. So I guess they may have a shot at a second party deal after they release this trio of games. But it may be too late, SEGA may pick them up as an in-house studio if The Conduit does well enough.

Now Playing

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    Yeah I think this is the key. Even though we are very hyped over High Voltage Software, as far as titles they have released, they haven't had too good of a track record. So I guess they may have a shot at a second party deal after they release this trio of games. But it may be too late, SEGA may pick them up as an in-house studio if The Conduit does well enough.
    Please let Sega pick them up. They need something besides Sonic Team, one of the worst video game developers out there. And we will see how The Conduit it is. I hope its good, but I have an uneasy feeling.
    http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/15...re-v2-orig.jpg

Too big for picture, best fake kirby art i've seen

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by wdoublei View Post
    Please let Sega pick them up. They need something besides Sonic Team, one of the worst video game developers out there. And we will see how The Conduit it is. I hope its good, but I have an uneasy feeling.
    Hold on now!!! Sonic Team is still AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! (I'm joking of course). Sonic Team has lost all of their talented developers and are left with a team only good enough to make quick Sonic titles. So yeah, picking up High Voltage would be an awesome acquisition for SEGA.

I think as the release date gets closer and closer gamers are feeling more and more aprehensive about the quality of The Conduit. There is still a possibility that this game could completely suck. But hopefully that won't happen.

Now Playing

Member #
    Friends
    I feel you Dzapper, but I have faith in The Conduit. It will truly be something that the Wii doesn't have yet, so that's why I'm picking it up. I even reserved it yesterday to get the special edition.

Remove Ads

Ads