Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731

(HVS related) Not holding my breath

Okay we all know how everyone is whining how Mature titles dont move as well on Wii as they do on the other platforms. Then you have HVS showing off all these good looking titles (Gladiator, Grinder, and Animals) yet none of these games have a publisher.

As much as i want to play these games when they are released is as much as i'm worried they may never see retail shelves.

Think if Conduit doesn't perform as well as everyone wants in retail do you really think publishers will want to bet again on HVS?

I think maybe HVS is tossing the proverbial bait into the lake a little too soon. I rather them line up a publisher then say "hey look at these great new games we got coming"
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    2576-9848-2040-2882
    never thought of this til you brought it up. guess we have to just wait and see...
    <insert hilarious signature here>

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    I just hope we dont have a Winter case all over again with these games especially Grinder ,and Animals.

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    If Nintendo was smart (which they have proved they aren't when it comes to business decisions) they would throw as much cash as possible at HVS and sign them on as a 2nd party developer. I can guarantee you if The Conduit doesn't sell well, some publisher will still take notice of the quality of this game. And they will tell them "Hey, stop pissing around on this Wii and come make this big PS3 exclusive" then it will be back to square one with the Nintendo Hardcore market.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    If Nintendo was smart (which they have proved they aren't when it comes to business decisions) they would throw as much cash as possible at HVS and sign them on as a 2nd party developer. I can guarantee you if The Conduit doesn't sell well, some publisher will still take notice of the quality of this game. And they will tell them "Hey, stop pissing around on this Wii and come make this big PS3 exclusive" then it will be back to square one with the Nintendo Hardcore market.
    How exactly are Nintendo not smart when it comes to business decisions? If they wasn't then they would have gone the same way as Sega but they are still producing consoles - in fact produced a console that is the market leader along the the leading handheld. They don't have the almost unlimited financial backing like Sony or Microsoft and they can't afford to throw money away like they do, so they must be doing something right with their business.

I doubt that HVS would jump ship to the PS3 as they could be wary of becoming the next Factor 5, while on the Wii they can be the next Rare (pre-Microsoft). I also doubt that they could afford to produce the kind of games that they want to on PS3 either (much higher development costs) and it has taken them 17 years to be able to break away from being under publishers rule. If they switched to PS3 then they would be facing publisher deadlines and be forced to push out unfinished products again. No serious artist wants that.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen View Post
    How exactly are Nintendo not smart when it comes to business decisions? If they wasn't then they would have gone the same way as Sega but they are still producing consoles - in fact produced a console that is the market leader along the the leading handheld. They don't have the almost unlimited financial backing like Sony or Microsoft and they can't afford to throw money away like they do, so they must be doing something right with their business.

I doubt that HVS would jump ship to the PS3 as they could be wary of becoming the next Factor 5, while on the Wii they can be the next Rare (pre-Microsoft). I also doubt that they could afford to produce the kind of games that they want to on PS3 either (much higher development costs) and it has taken them 17 years to be able to break away from being under publishers rule. If they switched to PS3 then they would be facing publisher deadlines and be forced to push out unfinished products again. No serious artist wants that.
    Yeah good point...It's just I've seen too many good developers (i.e. Rare, Silicon Knights, etc.) jump ship because Nintendo decided to let them go. I didn't mean to insult their entire business sense. I just hope these next High Voltage Software games get a publisher. Who knows, maybe SEGA will come through for them again.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    Yeah good point...It's just I've seen too many good developers (i.e. Rare, Silicon Knights, etc.) jump ship because Nintendo decided to let them go. I didn't mean to insult their entire business sense. I just hope these next High Voltage Software games get a publisher. Who knows, maybe SEGA will come through for them again.
    All we can hope for is The Conduit selling well. If it does then I'm sure that Sega will jump at the chance of publishing more HVS games.

Letting Rare go was actually a smart decision though. They had already lost some of the talent that made them great so it made sense for Nintendo to cash in while they still could.

I think that HVS' current lineup is a bit too mature for Nintendo themselves or else they could sign them up to be another Retro. Then again they did publish Fatal Frame in Japan (but not in the west ) so I guess anything is possible.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Well heres the thing i agree with Dzapper to an extent.

Nintendo was smart in a business sense with what they did console wise. Skipping out on the huge hardware jump to make an input jump. Honestly i don't even think Nintendo had the cash to even do the hardware jump ,and the new input method was already in the works for cube anyhow so it was just more cost effective to capitalize on the input research they already invested in.

Though on the other hand Nintendo has been completely retarded on the software end of things. I'm a huge fan of Nintendo have been since i was 5 ,but its ticking me off the way they are handling wii software.

First off lets talk 1st party titles. Why is it Nintendo has suddenly seen it fit to announce a title only less than 6 months from release then release with it barely any advertising.

Now on developer side of things. I thought with as much work HVS did with Nintendo for the Conduit they would of been a 2nd party developer already. I mean Nintendo bought into Monolith for what? 1 Wii game which hasnt even been given a chance in the states. So all that money for what ,and has Monolith done on Wii since then? NOTHING.

Yet we got a developer thats pumping Wii titles out like crazy yet Nintendo has yet to invest in them. Just like Renegade Kid ,and all their DS titles. Another one would be Red Fly with Mushroom Men ,and their version of Ghostbusters. I mean come on all of these developers are passionate to make Nintendo games ,and lets face it Nintendo needs some western style games to be published by them.

As far as Rare goes i think Nintendo did make the right move although we lost the chance to play the classic Rare games on VC because of it ,but lets face it Rare hasnt really made a good ,and i mean good game since Conker...PDZ ,and Ghoulies were okay ,but not the same magic.

I think if Nintendo took HVS ,and maybe even the other 2 developers i mentioned ,and let them pump out "hardcore" Wii titles under their publishing name then the "core" games may start taking better notice of the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    It's easy to talk when you don't have an idea what's going on behind the scenes. One could easily say, "Oh Nintendo should publish The Grinder and FTWiin PWN!!!"
    But you need to remember that these are businesses much more goes into releasing a game than you think. Contracts, lawyers and business plans... but especially contracts.

To make things worse Maximo/Dzapper, Valve the creators of Half-Life and Portal wanted to be a 2nd party developer for the Wii. What happened?? I don't know unfortunately...
    In 2007 I predicted Wii Fit would sell more than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

EVERYONE at wiichat.com disagreed with me.

As it stands today:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 9.49 Million

Wii Fit: 35 Million

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    Caliko i know it takes a lot more to make a developer a 2nd party developer than just "boom your a 2nd party developer"

Give me a break im 25 not 15 i know how businesses work.

The point im making is Nintendo dumped who knows how much money into a company like Monolith to make games for Wii ,and what we get nothing except one game that Nintendo refuses to release in the states. Yet you got a company thats hell bent on bringing good quality games to the Wii thats constantly struggling for a publisher, and the games aren't mini-game collections ,or family friendly games. They're actually games that could help Nintendo over come their family-only appeal.

On a side note where did you hear that about Valve? I never heard that if anything i only heard for awhile that they didnt really have any ideas for the Wii.

Ads