LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Here are the trends for Nintendo Power on scoring for FPSes.

Call of Duty World at War
    -Metacritic: 83
    -Nintendo Power: 80

Metroid Prime 3
    -Metacritic: 90
    -Nintendo Power: 100

Call of Duty 3
    -Metacritic: 69
    -Nintendo Power: 65

Onslaught
    -Metacritic: 66
    -Nintendo Power: N/A

Medal of Honor Vanguard
    Metacritic: 56
    Nintendo Power: 60

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Godwind-
    You're forgetting that they do out of 10 so they can't do 83, they can only do 80.
    http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/15...re-v2-orig.jpg

Too big for picture, best fake kirby art i've seen

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by ElronMac View Post
    I think most of the reviews will be in this area as well, it's not an earth shattering type of game in the gaming world. it's an FPS on a platform with a shortage of those and it has the most clear cut and definitive control set ever put into an FPS, but I don't think that's gonna be enough to give it a 10, although I can see a 9.5 from IGN, maybe 5 stars from Xplay, the rest are all haters anyway and will critque it as such.
    Yeah I agree, I see many reviewers (who are Wii haters *cough* Gamespot *cough*) ready to slam this game with a 7.0 and say that it "doesn't do anything revolutionary". So what!? Ya kissed Halo's ass, it didn't do much new, ya kissed Bioshock's ass, it didn't do much new, and God Knows ya kissed Gears of War 2's ass!!! And it didn't do ANYTHING NEW!!! So ya might as well pucker up one more time and give The Conduit's ass a big wet one. Because it is looking to be far more innovative than any of those other games.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    Yeah I agree, I see many reviewers (who are Wii haters *cough* Gamespot *cough*) ready to slam this game with a 7.0 and say that it "doesn't do anything revolutionary". So what!? Ya kissed Halo's ass, it didn't do much new, ya kissed Bioshock's ass, it didn't do much new, and God Knows ya kissed Gears of War 2's ass!!! And it didn't do ANYTHING NEW!!! So ya might as well pucker up one more time and give The Conduit's ass a big wet one. Because it is looking to be far more innovative than any of those other games.

So you've played all those games including the Conduit?

Member #
    Friends
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    I heard The Conduit has horrible multiplayer
    My Friend Codes.... You got to ask me for them...

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

RETURNING CALL OF DUTY PLAYER (Wii)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    well, the only thing innovative in Halo is the plasma grenade(in my opinion anyway) Halo was more story driven and whole it didn't do anything terribly new, it did everything perfectly.

never played Gears so i have no opinion

Bioshock did do new things, they just weren't big or important things.

Conduit so far doesn't seem to be doing anything more than giving the Wii a good FPS besides Metroid Prime 3. all the story stuff or wespons or enemy ideas all seem to be stuff we've seen before so far. when i get the game i wouldn't be surprised if the control was the only thing that surprised me. but i'll reserve my complete judgement gor when i get the game.

Member #
    Friends
    This is supposed to be a scan from a publishing warehouse but I can't really accept this as a legitimate review until the magazine is released. Not because i'd think that an 8.0 was a bad score but because there are a lot of fakes out there.

Saying that, I do think that the review would be quite accurate. The Conduit does look generic and if it was on another console it would just be another FPS in a sea of hundreds. On the Wii there isn't a mass of good FPS, so that elevates it to the top of the genre. I'm expecting a 9.0 from IGN and 8.0s elsewhere.

The Conduit's reign may not last too long though as Red Steel 2 is looking good, with those trailers that nobody thought were possible on the Wii turning out to be actual gameplay.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    So you've played all those games including the Conduit?
    I have played all of the games I listed in my post (I had a 360 before it red ringed on me, I played all of those games). I'm not saying they aren't good, in fact, I believe they are worthy of the praise they recieved. All I'm saying is that if they didn't get knocked for not being innovative, then The Conduit should not get knocked for it either. The Conduit is pushing the technical limits of this console to the bone something that doesn't happen everyday (on any console), so it is "looking" more innovative than them already. That's all I was saying.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    I was thinking of pre-ordering but after reading this review, I'm not shure. I think I'll better wait for it to be released and see how it is received overall to decide if it worths the 48 or so bucks.

Member #
    Friends
    5273-9078-3043-9505
    Regardless of the score they gave it I am SO looking forward to this game!

PS3 > sparty4life82976

Ads