W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Goddamnit. Another whinney stickmode rant thread.

I was satisfied by Nintendos E3 performance. Honestly Other M was enough for me. Sure I was really hoping for a new GOOD Starfox game, but I don't care since this new Metroid looks amazing. And meh on the Mario, mainly because I'd be a lot more excited if it was a whole new adventure instead of a Galaxy sequel. Also theres this really cool looking RPG game coming for the Wii that was announced at E3, just not during the conference. And the Conduit. Period.

Member #
    Friends
    I didn't pay too much attention to the Sony or Microsoft E3 news but I mostly just saw stuff that was already announced (other than the Natal camera and a 360 MGS spin off). Nintendo's E3 show had 2 new Mario games and a new Metroid announced. That seemed pretty awesome to me but maybe I missed something new that beats 2 Marios and a Metroid to put Nintendo in 3rd place?

From what I could decipher, the 10 things seem to be..

1. Launch a Camera

Ubisoft have a Wii camera coming out, which could mean that they'll have options for it in future games. I'm not sold on cameras though because these things seem to work ok but often end up being a gimmick that only produces basic casual games.

2. Increace the Wiispeak support

This would be good.

3. Launch the DLC in his games and in the third-party games.

There are Wii games with DLC already.

4. Make a standard the Wi-Fi connection on all the next Wii games

Agreed, more games should have online.

5. Try to buy new great Studios

Although they havent bought them Nintendo have secured the services of Team Ninja and Treasure for 2 of their most 'hardcore' games.

6. Microsoft and Sony spend tons of money to acquire exclusive franchises to his respective consoles, Nintendo must do the same pushing the third-parties to make AAA games for Wii, the Wii owners wants games like MGS, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Fallout, AC, Crysis, Doom, etc.

All of Nintendo's own games are exclusives and they stay exclusive. I'd like a Ninja Gaiden but Team Ninja is making Metroid, which I want more. Most of the games you mention are not exclusives, so i think you mean you want more multiplatform games. Wii specific games seem to work out better though.

7. Nintendo needs to check his online infrastructure

Lost the will to read this one but friend codes are here to stay for 1st party games. For 3rd party it is up to them.

8. Improve the Wii development tools

I've heard they were pretty easy to use but I don't know because I'm not a dev. 3rd party devs are starting to develop their own engines for the Wii, with High Voltage and Ubisoft looking to have the best so far.

9. Offer an upscaling system for the Wii, to improve the graphics from 480p to 720p resolution

Don't think that this will happen but the next Nintendo console will be 1080p.

10. Launch the Manga channel

Yes more channels would be good.

I don't think that Nintendo actually has to do much at all to beat Microsoft as they are still outselling them and it doesn't seem like thats going to change anytime soon.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    About #6.

That's probably the key thing that would get haters off of Nintendos back. I'm sure they'd shut up if an exclusive Metal Gear or DOOM came to the Wii. And I know I'd love for that to happen.

Member #
    Friends
    Stickmode, you don't make any sense. Why do you want Nintendo to be Microsoft/Sony?

If they do that they would be out of business. The reason they are successful is precisely because they did not try to go head-to-head with those guys. They have a differentiated product. Hell now Sony & MS are trying to be like Nintendo.

Just buy a 360/PS3/PC and you can play all the "hardcore" games you want.

But your not gonna get games like Shiren3, Muramasa, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    About #6.

That's probably the key thing that would get haters off of Nintendos back. I'm sure they'd shut up if an exclusive Metal Gear or DOOM came to the Wii. And I know I'd love for that to happen.

Nothing will get the Nintendo haters off there backs. Im so suprised at all the Wii owners hating on Nintendos E3. I mean 2 new Marios and Metroid to boot and people seem to think it was the same as 08's E3, witch was bad.

Know why?

Because most of the Wii haters are just 360/PS3 fanboys playing at being Wii fans. Instead of bitching and moaning on this site and others they should sell there Wii's and just play there 360/PS3 games and be done with it.

Now thank you so much raisinghelen for the simple version of what this guy wrote.

#2 Wii speak. I want a headset.
    #4 I think the online is the Wii's number 1 weakness and Nintendo should take that into consideration.
    #6 I like the games the wii is making. I buy my other games on the PC, Fo3 and L4D atm. If you dont wanna deal with, or dont have the $, just buy a 360. AT no time in the history of gaming has one console had every single great title on it at once.
    #7 i agree the FC's were pretty stupid. Raisinghelen is right though, just ganna have to deal with them till Wii2.

Member #
    Friends
    2074-2792-9947-3334
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiman0001 View Post
    that is correct that Microsoft came out with a $199 Xbox 360, but it doesnt really count because it has 256mb of hd on it! my flash drive has 8x more memory than it! the thing is a piece of shit, yes it is a 360 and obviously capable of playing 360 games, that is if you plan on beating every game in 1 day and not saving a single thing, but the Wii sells better, because of pretty much the 3 things listed above, but it also sells better, because the name "Nintendo" has been a household name since our parents were kids, so it is a dynasty of great products (such as the Wii).
    You do know the wii only has 512mb of built in memory right? That's only twice more storage then what the 360 has and I haven't even used half of my wii's memory so obviously you could put a decent amount of save data on the $200.00 360. Also because the companies name is Nintendo isn't why it's selling so good. Both the Nintendo 64 and the GameCube sold less then it's competition. The reason the Wii is selling good is because Nintendo decided to try and do something different with their system and it appealed to a lot of people. They created a console that would attract people other then their small fan base from the GameCube era. That's why Nintendo has the highest selling game console and hand held so far in this generation.
    Wii Friend Code: 2074-2792-9947-3334

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 4296-3159-2109

Mario Kart Friend Code: 1590-5298-2594

Member #
    Friends
    Believe it or not there are wii haters who be posting on this site who also owns a wii not saying i dont like the wii

Member #
    Friends
    5273-9078-3043-9505
    A bit more on-line access.

PS3 > sparty4life82976

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    Nothing will get the Nintendo haters off there backs. Im so suprised at all the Wii owners hating on Nintendos E3. I mean 2 new Marios and Metroid to boot and people seem to think it was the same as 08's E3, witch was bad.

Know why?

Because most of the Wii haters are just 360/PS3 fanboys playing at being Wii fans. Instead of bitching and moaning on this site and others they should sell there Wii's and just play there 360/PS3 games and be done with it.
    I've been thinking the same exact thing. People are running around here acting like Nintendos press conference was just...nothing. When in actuality it was something, they don't understand that there are a lot of people Nintendo has to please at that conference, but they all fall into either one of three categories. Stock holder, Press Journalist, or gamer. Now the whole Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort stuff was for the Stock Holders, I'm sure their wallets were tingling at the site of it. But the end of the show was for us, the gamers. Also if your a DS owner they had some good stuff with Golden Sun DS and that game Cop: The Recruit looked really impressive.

But the main thing is that most of these people who talk trash about the Wii on this site don't even own Wiis anymore. Most of them sold them in order to buy a PS3 or Wii, yet they continue to talk trash about it. I like the members who sold their Wii and then quietly retired into the forum which discusses their console. However a few members sold their Wii and then made it their lifes work to trash the Wii on this site.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Ads