Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Won E3?

Member #
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Who gives a shit who won, seriously??? Since when did E3 become a contest to be judged by fanboys who have nothing better to do with there paltry lives then criticize the 3 greatest entertainment companies on the planet. Who won or what won just doesn't matter, what matters is that we will continue to have great games and there are definitely a ton of great games coming out for everyone. You can say MS won or Sony won or even that Ninty won, simple fact is with the success of the Wii everyone is trying to incorporate motion control of some form in order to catch up, which is fine, that's what makes tech better. Someone creates something and someone else has an idea to make it just a bit better and in the end we all benefit. Anyway just my two cents but I really don't give a shit who won or lost, all I want are some tasty waves, a cool bud and a kick ass game to play.
    Ignorance is as ignorance does...

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

SSBB Friend Code 3609-0705-3564, PM me if you add me and please add me I want to play.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by ElronMac View Post
    Who gives a shit who won, seriously??? Since when did E3 become a contest to be judged by fanboys who have nothing better to do with there paltry lives then criticize the 3 greatest entertainment companies on the planet. Who won or what won just doesn't matter, what matters is that we will continue to have great games and there are definitely a ton of great games coming out for everyone. You can say MS won or Sony won or even that Ninty won, simple fact is with the success of the Wii everyone is trying to incorporate motion control of some form in order to catch up, which is fine, that's what makes tech better. Someone creates something and someone else has an idea to make it just a bit better and in the end we all benefit. Anyway just my two cents but I really don't give a shit who won or lost, all I want are some tasty waves, a cool bud and a kick ass game to play.
    Yeah I agree, today's gaming world has become too heavy on criticism and is less about enjoyment. I wish everyone could stop all the fanboy system bashing bullcrap and just play the games they enjoy and give everyonelse their props.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    i love the competition. i dont care much for e3, each of these systems could promote their stuff without it. anyway......i am glad these systems are head to head in competition, this means better technology, games, and lower prices for us

the coolest thing i saw was natal. yes i did see the avatar get confused, but the fighting part was pretty much the coolest thing ive ever seen from a video game system. im not sure natal will work as well as its claiming but the technology is being worked on and it will be here in the next few years for sure.

microsoft - best technology of the show for sure
    nintendo - best games - 2 marios, metroid, etc
    sony - i thought their motion control was pretty stupid to be honest and was poor in comparison to the natal.

The Conduit - 5327-8743-2704
    ssbb - 2535-7739-8758
    mario kart wii - 3867-1976-3744
    Mario Strikers - 395320-046916
    CoD: WaW: 326602241159
    mertroid ds - 3609-5846-2731
    PM me to exchange codes

Wii: WaW, ssbb, mario kart, mario galaxy, wii fit, sports, ddr2, rock band 1, monkey ball, RE4, links crossbow, house of dead 2+3, mario strikers, punch out, the conduit

DS: Mortal Kombat, metroid, brain age 2, new smb, contra 4, trauma center 2

xbox 360 - SF4, halo 3 (gamertag: njsurfing)

Member #
    Friends
    If you own a Wii or
    If you own a 360 or
    If you own a PS3

You won.

There are so many great games coming out for all 3 systems we, the gamers, are the real winners.

Personally im a Wii owner and im really excited about the Wii games and motion plus in the near future.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    If you own a Wii or
    If you own a 360 or
    If you own a PS3

You won.
    Best answer yet.

Personally I was very impressed with Nintendo's show. Microsoft's was good too. Games like COD:MW2 don't get me too excited though because we've known about it for ages, so Microsoft's Halo games and Nintendo's Mario and Metroid were the winning games for me as they were newer announcements. I'd take Mario and Metroid over Halo any day, so for me Nintendo had the best new games on show.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Not at the table Carlos Barris1024's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4912-6833-6406-0210
    i think it was Sony then Microsoft then Nintendo
    and you forgot a game that was annouced at Sony's conference it was like ModnationRacers or something
    it looked pretty cool, build your own tracks and online racing. looked like a mario kart on sterioids.

but honestly, nintendo sucked. i mean they didnt announce anything other than Metroid (overrated) and a mario which looks exactly the same as the old one.
    im not impressed.
    Microsoft did well with MGS and that cool motion thing.
    but i was really disappointed with nintendo. hope they do better in the future

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Sony won.

Other than the Halo things and L4D2, Microsoft didn't have anything that really made me want a 360.

Nintendo only had 2 highlights: the EPIC looking Metroid Other M and a new Mario Galaxy. the rest of the time i was thinking 'does Nintendo even bother trying anymore?'

Sony had an EPIC FF13 teaser, a FF14 teaser, the new PSP and some EPIC PSP games, FF7 becoming a PSstore downloadable, God of War 3, and and a couple Epic looking new titles.

Hands down, Sony won E3

Member #
    Friends
    The only company that won is the one that you wanted to win. Personally I own a 360 and a wii and I wasn't too excited about anything for the 360. Project Natal looked cool, but it's not going to work as good as it seems. Nintendo on the other hand is getting all the hardcore games that everybody has wanted. I mean 2 new marios a new metroid, red steel 2, NMH 2, and Sin and Punishment 2.

Sony I didn't really care about, although I saw some videos of the PsP Go and it looks horrible. It looks more like a phone than a game system. They got it right with digital media, but none of the games will be very powerful and even though they think 16 gigs will be a lot to fill up, with movies and games it won't be much.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Microsoft won for me

2 Halo Games FTW
    PITKIDROCK

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't know about "winning" but Sony interested me the most. Their motion controller + Eyetoy looks superior to Natal to me. How the hell are you going to implement Natal into games without any buttons? I seems to me like their biggest feature is their biggest limitation.

Uncharted 2 is absolutely fantastic, MAG's gameplay looks intense and unlike any scale gaming has seen before on a console.

Do I really have to say anything about God of War 3? It speaks for itself. Jaw dropping.

Modnationracers looks like a cool idea, and with all the custimazation I can't wait to see what everyone makes.

Gran Turismo >>>> Forza 3 IMO. Graphcis are stunning, realism is stunning, and the series has been great in the past gameplay wise so that should continue.

I'm interested in hearing about the new exclusive, "Agent" by Rockstar.

FF14 exclusive was big. Square Enix rarely disappoint.

Also interested in The Last Guardian. This was supposedly the game the BBC reporter was like spazing about. He said it's incredible and unmatched.

PSP was huge this conference, with PSP Go, and LBP, MGS, Motorstorm, and Gran Tourismo coming to it. Might re-buy one soon, but not positive.

As for Nintendo, I'm excited about New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Can't wait to play co-op with some buddies. New Metroid is intruiging, and looks great at this point.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 = Must Buy. Other than that, not so sure.

For Microsoft, well, I already covered my opinions on Natal. It's amazing that they can create that Milo program, but I think this will be one of those features that the novelty wears off fast.

Splinter Cell looked great to me. Looks better than the last few at this point.

Really not a fan of Halo at all. ODST just isn't interesting to me.

MGS was a big announcement, but Solid Snake's saga is over, so not so sure how Raiden will be as main character. Kojima was interviewed and he's not enthusiastic about this game at all, so if his heart's not in it, it might be lackluster... Then again, it's Kojima and the man's a genius...

Not interested in Crackdown 2.

Left 4 Dead 2 will be huge. That's definitely a stellar title for the system. Also, Mass Effect was a great RPG, and with Bioware working on it, the 2nd should be awesome too.

Other than that, nothing doing for me for M$.

Multiplat- Modern Warfare 2!! MUST BUY.

Bottom Line: Sony interested me the most. The focused on what matters- games. No M$, I don't freakin care whether or not I can join facebook with my 360. And seriously, are gamers loners anymore?? What's the point of watching a movie online when friends are at different houses. That's so freakin dumb. Nintendo showed a few great games, but were a bit too off topic for my liking...

Sigh, /rant
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Ads