Here are their top exclusives that was showcased at E3 2009
1. Project Natal - hopefully inexpensive, accurate, n gets developers support
2. Halo Reach- Can't go wrong w/ Halo unless you don't like FPS or tired of em.
3. MGS - Sony fanboys all over shed some tears.
4. L4D2 - More zombie madness
5. Alan Wake - About damn time.
6. Mass Effect 2 - Should be better than the 1st one.
7. Splinter Cell - Haven't played series b4 but this has potential.
8. Halo ODST - Seems like Metroid Prime in HD minus wiimote
1. Wii Sports Resort - Working motion control today.
2. Metroid - Nintendo can't get anymore hardcore than this.
3. Mario Galaxy 2 - 1st one was great but easy, this is supposed to be harder.
4. Red Steel 2 - Closest thing to slicing n shootin some1 unless uve done it b4
5. Grinder - L4D but with the Wiimote
6. No More Heroes 2 - 2 lightsabers, blood, and decapitation
7. Super Mario Bros Wii - 4 Marios running around at the same time = madness
8. Sin & Punishment 2 - Gameplay reminds me of Starfox
1. New Motion Control - HD graphics + wiimote controls
2. God of War 3 - Never wanted that demo to end.
3. Gran Turismo 5 - Best looking racing game ever.
4. Uncharted 2 - 2009 GOTY candidate
5. MAG - Did he say 200 something players?
6. FF 14 online - Sony fanboys all over shed some tears again.
7. Agent - Made by Rocktar North(GTA4)
8. The Last Guardian - That dog/eagle/fox thing looked sick, reminded me of Never Ending Story in HD.
Some would say MS won because of Natal but I think it's too early for that tech. Some say Sony won because of their exclusives but all 3 has theirs. Some say Nintendo won because they're the current leading system w/ working motion controls today and everyone else is just trying to catch up but I think that may change in a few years. I don't think anyone lost or won because all 3 systems are having an impressive E3 showing so far.
Who do you think won and why?
Last edited by bruceleroy; 06-03-2009 at 04:12 PM.
I'd say Sony. Uncharted 2 FTW!
I think it was actually Microsoft that won the conferences. They produced the most interesting (admittedly I have no interest in Halo, but their other stuff seemed at the least intriguing) that hasn't already been announced.
Nice touch from Nintendo though, showing New Super Mario for the Wii. I felt my heart lower for a moment, and then those other Mario titles, and finally with the Galaxy 2 announcement, I was actually quite happy. Also the Team Ninja Metroid: Other M came out of nowhere and it was a massive surprise. Most of the other stuff from Nintendo wasn't too exciting.
I got the feeling Sony were trying to pat themselves on the back too much with their conference, and they took too much time showing PSP games.
Overall, I think all three could have been better, but Microsoft pulled out the best surprises. Now if Nintendo showed a glimpse of the new Wii Zelda, or Starfox, or F-Zero, I think they could have potentially stole the show.
Oh, and did anyone else notice with Microsoft's Natal, how the body was meant to move as realistically as possible, until the conputer got confused and seriously mangled the avatar?!
Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.
Here's the reason why there's no Starfox.
Mirco won this year BUT nintendo has some awesome things coming out to us
Microsoft won hands down.
Sky Sports on the 360 ftwww, can't wait for that
it's tough to say who won, as all three had a really good showing. wii sports resort, though...
Nintendo On The Islands
Yeah I think this one is tough to call. I think all three companies adequately solidified what their fans had been wanting to see.
Microsoft answered their fans call for something fresh and new with their current games. Mass Effect 2 looked gorgeous, Modern Warfare 2 was AMAZING!, and the fact that they have Metal Gear Rising (not sure wether or not its an exclusive) is a big plus. And they teased their fans with Project Natal, which looks pretty cool at this point.
Nintendo has finally stepped up to the plate to bring us more hardcore games. Ubisofts showing of Red Steel 2 was nothing short of breathtaking, The Conduit's new trailer was very good, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles looks amazing. Ubisoft also announced that they will be publishing Suda 51's No More Heroes Desperate Struggle. And Nintendo's new announcments solidified 2010, with Metroid Other M and Mario Galaxy 2.
Sony stepped up to the plate hard with a good mix of fresh IPs and impressive sequels. Also its good to see that they are pushing the PSP, looking at the conference made me want one. That new game from team Ico looks good, ModNationracers looks even better than LBP, and of course Gran Turismo 5 looks amazing (They got NASCAR OMG!! EA is screwed!). Then GOD of War 3 spoke for itself and got the loudest eruption of applause I heard all night.
Because of the great mixture I would have to call SONY the winner as far as pure content level goes, but in a sense everyone won (i know it sounds corny but its true) since they appealed to and pleased their fans. Good job big three...its going to be a good year for gaming.
-Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548