LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Sonic expert Bodine's Avatar
    Member #
    55520
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,288
    Friends
    32
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Now that you mention it, this worries me too. One of Nintendos biggest problems is they don't put much effort in advertising a big title. Usually when a big game comes to the 360 or PS3, you'll see commercials, magazine ads, etc. for it. Hell I've seen an Assasins Creed ad on a billboard once. Whens the last time you've seen a Zelda TV commercial? Honestly I haven't seen one since the Oracle of Seasons/Ages. But this game might get even less attention than most, and from the looks of it, it deserves some spotlight,

  2. #12
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,259
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    Hell I've seen an Assasins Creed ad on a billboard once.
    ... Seriously? I doubt Billboard video game ads would be effective, but... meh.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  3. #13
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,074
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    This game looks so.................

    Guy with spiky hair carrying a sword thats bigger than him self again?


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  4. #14
    Not Here Shadow*91's Avatar
    Member #
    55593
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Another site.
    Posts
    1,915
    Friends
    38
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodine View Post
    Now that you mention it, this worries me too. One of Nintendos biggest problems is they don't put much effort in advertising a big title. Usually when a big game comes to the 360 or PS3, you'll see commercials, magazine ads, etc. for it. Hell I've seen an Assasins Creed ad on a billboard once. Whens the last time you've seen a Zelda TV commercial? Honestly I haven't seen one since the Oracle of Seasons/Ages. But this game might get even less attention than most, and from the looks of it, it deserves some spotlight,
    you must not watch TV much. the Zelda Phantom Hourglass commercial got massive screentime.

    @Prinny: Yeah i know right? this just looks generic to me

  5. #15
    WiiChat Member Frog's Avatar
    Member #
    36048
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    247
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliko View Post
    One of you on here(wiichat) was telling me how it sucked that Nintendo hired Monolith just to release one game. This is a surprise!
    When I saw this on the Nintendo channel I was like "Wow, this is awesome. Who's making this?"
    Nintendo purchased Monolithsoft 2 years ago...

    http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784029p1.html

    This was Nintendo's strategy to have quality 1st-part RPGs!

  6. #16
    Akatsuki Assassin Dzapper's Avatar
    Member #
    33321
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Morehouse College
    Posts
    723
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny View Post
    This game looks so.................

    Guy with spiky hair carrying a sword thats bigger than him self again?
    Yeah I kinda get that feeling to. But we don't know enough details yet to write it off as a predictable ho-hum RPG. We need more specifics on the story and battle system to truely see what's up.


    Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

  7. #17
    Let's Go Mountaineers! Band geek's Avatar
    Member #
    53465
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    111
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Looked great until I saw the battle video. A full 3-D RPG with big environments should have real-time combat. Turn-based combat in large, 3-D environments holds it back IMO.
    Montani semper liberi

    For there is naught to fear
    the gang's all here
    so Hail to West Virginia, Hail!

  8. #18
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,074
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper View Post
    Yeah I kinda get that feeling to. But we don't know enough details yet to write it off as a predictable ho-hum RPG. We need more specifics on the story and battle system to truely see what's up.
    I will write it off

    To me RPGs like this tend to be annoying

    GRID BASED COMBAT OR GTFO!


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


  9. #19
    Not Here Shadow*91's Avatar
    Member #
    55593
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Another site.
    Posts
    1,915
    Friends
    38
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    not every RPG will be as EPIC as the Disgaea series Prinny (though they should be).

  10. #20
    Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    228
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Mancyland
    Posts
    19,074
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    not every RPG will be as EPIC as the Disgaea series Prinny (though they should be).
    Not every RPG can have a awesome list of characters like a Nippon ichi RPG



    "What is this?..............Sacred tome?....MORE LIKE SUCKY DUMB THING"


    You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

    Spoiler Alert!

    @D_Bloke - My inane prattle


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts