+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    How about let's wait until these release before we judge, mkay?

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    hmmm lets see

project natal is microsoft soo it will prob fail

sony's protoype seems like it will be awsomme if they can get the right designe

wii motion plus willl be #1

thats what I think

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    When the Wii was announced all of the Sony / Microsoft fanboys along with a large chunk of the gaming media and the Nintendo faithful ridiculed the idea of a motion sensing controller.

"What you need" they all said " is more buttons and triggers not less".

Seems now that Nintendo were right?

Whether Microsoft and/or Sony have a better product or implement it better will become apparent once it is actually released. If the products are better then they will drive the whole gaming market forward.

Member #
    Friends
    All the wii needs is that graphic package which will make the wiis graphic cababilitys better, and some more hardcore games and fps. But, with the conduit coming out, nintendo might start to kick arse again.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Nintendo has been utilizing the Wiimote w/ all their franchises (Mario Kart, Galaxy, Metroid, Pikmin, etc.) This means that motion control is the standard for the Wii. Will Sony make it theirs? Should it make it theirs? They have no idea. If they make it theirs, then it would alienate motion control haters which are about half of PS3 owners. If they don't make it theirs, then developers might not make games for it since it's not the standard. They don't even have a name for their motion control project yet or a final design. No price, projected release date, and no games. This thing could be for the PS4. Don't get me wrong. I have a PS3. I wish PS3 good luck w/ their motion control so I can ditch the Wii but you and I know that it's going to be tough to beat Nintendo in that department since they have the majority of the motion control fans and developers (EA: Tiger, Grand Slam...Ubisoft: Red Steel 2....Sega: Virtual Tennis) behind it already.
    Seems like there are some BS examples right there. I'll give you credit for Metroid and Mario Kart, but do you call shaking the remote to spin attack in Galaxy using motion control? Lame.

And please, a new Pikmin hasn't even really come out on Wii. It just that "New Play Control" crap. Also, when you say,

Nintendo has been utilizing the Wiimote w/ all their franchises
    It's a total lie. Brawl didn't implement motion control in any way, Super Paper Mario and Animal Crossing hardly did, and I'm sure there are a few others.

And no, it would be downright idiotic for Sony to make motion control standard when they usually cater towards the "hardcore" gamer. I have faith that they won't just because it wouldn't make any sense.

It seems to me like the majority of games that come out for the Wii only half implement motion controls even though it's supposed to be the biggest feature. The games to use it the best to me are Boom Blox and Metroid.

In others like Mario Strikers Charged, they kind of went half and half and it ruined a bit of the experience for me. There's no doubt it was a fun game, but just swinging the remote to hit someone seemed like a gimmick.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    It doesn't matter how good Sony's purple ended rod or Microsoft's camera are unless they have a killer ap to sell them with. They need a Wii Sports and not just a cheap knock off.

Nintendo has the advantage of the Wiimote being the standard controller to start with, then putting Motion Plus with Wii Sports Resort ensures that their add on will get mass sales.

If Sony or Microsoft can't sell their motion controllers to a large percentage of the current owners then they'll risk splitting their customer base, which would result in either motion controls being tacked on to regular games as an alternative to button presses (not good) or very simple motion games being released due to a lack of sales opportunities.

Fact is that Nintendo is number 1 because they are the only company with a product that is out now, their add on has a definite date (this month). The others have prototype units which may be good and may come out this gen or not. So to say Sony/Microsoft is the best when they haven't even sold a single unit or game is ridiculous.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    The main thing I've noticed about MS and Sony's prototypes, is that they both use cameras as opposed to accelerometer, gyroscopes, and bluetooth that Nintendo uses. Whether either works better is still up in the air to me. Who knows if Nintendo has experimented with cameras as well. If they have, they must have a reason for not going that route.

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Sony's prototype uses accelerometers that allow the 1:1 motion control that wii M+ offers, but it's more precise because it is used in both controllers.

Almost everyone seems to be mistaking the Wii's current "shake controls (a waggle here and there to make stuff happen in game) with true 1:1 motion sensing. Wii has used this type of control for as long as sony has (meaning that they haven't used it at all).

It doesn't matter how good Sony's purple ended rod or Microsoft's camera are unless they have a killer ap to sell them with. They need a Wii Sports and not just a cheap knock off.
    All it is is a game that was designed to showcase the motion controls, and it's one of the only games to date that actually uses the motion controls to their full extent.
    So to say Sony/Microsoft is the best when they haven't even sold a single unit or game is ridiculous.
    Let me remind you that Nintendo have not yet sold a single game or unit with motion plus either.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB64 View Post
    Almost everyone seems to be mistaking the Wii's current "shake controls (a waggle here and there to make stuff happen in game) with true 1:1 motion sensing. Wii has used this type of control for as long as sony has (meaning that they haven't used it at all).

All it is is a game that was designed to showcase the motion controls, and it's one of the only games to date that actually uses the motion controls to their full extent.

Let me remind you that Nintendo have not yet sold a single game or unit with motion plus either.
    No the Wii's current controls are known not to be 1:1, that's why they have motion plus launching.

I wasn't talking about the demos at E3, I was talking for the actual launch. They need a killer ap that will grab people the same way that Wii Sports did.

Nintendo will have sold games and units today. Have Sony or Microsoft sold any yet?

I think that both Sony's and Microsoft's motion controls are destined to fail if they release them this gen. The current console owners prefer analogue controls and the new casual crowd won't want to spend out around $400+ for a new system, so that leaves very few potential buyers which would equate to them just ending up as expensive gimmicks.
    Wii games - SMG, Zelda TP, Mario Kart, SSBB, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Endless Ocean, Blue World, Wii Fit, Super Monkeyball, Rogue Trooper, Shaun White, NMH, NMH2, GH: WT, Aerosmith, Zack&Wiki, Okami, RE4, Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, Scarface, PES, Tenchu, Trauma Centre NB, Madworld, Rune Factory, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, COD Reflex, Obscure, Silent Hill, Rabbids Go Home, NSMB, Bully, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Red Steel 2, Monster Hunter Tri

Member #
    Friends
    All you who are talking about fan boy's, are a fan boy yourself. Seriously who cares?

All this hate on Microsoft, at least they came out with something new that might actually end up being the next step in gaming.
    Last edited by Mr.Ducati; 06-09-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Ads